Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Well a 7 hour drive in convoy with Sian and we are here at last. We have an excellent rally area, on short grass with very firm ground and only ten yards from our 3m by 3m gazebo trade stand.

Just going to have a sandwich and a beer, you guys better hurry::bigsmile:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
James is just pulling out of the gate as I type in the RV with the show trailer on the back.........he got in from LA last night and is, needless to say, feeling a little jaded :Eeek:

Keep your eyes peeled, he should be with you in a couple of hours all being well :Smile:

I shall be there some time tomorrow evening with the kids in tow :shout:

F

furmingerfamily

Deleted User
Have fun you guys. Wish I was there (he says, eyeing up the 6 inches of snow laying on the ground outside! :Eeek:). Maybe next year... Anyway, enjoy! ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
James is just pulling out of the gate as I type in the RV with the show trailer on the back.........he got in from LA last night and is, needless to say, feeling a little jaded :Eeek:

Keep your eyes peeled, he should be with you in a couple of hours all being well :Smile:

I shall be there some time tomorrow evening with the kids in tow :shout:

Bless 'im I'll have a beer ready:Smile:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
What you doing typing in thr RV Lindy:Doh::ROFLMAO:
Geo

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Have fun you guys. Wish I was there (he says, eyeing up the 6 inches of snow laying on the ground outside! :Eeek:). Maybe next year... Anyway, enjoy! ::bigsmile:

The weather isn't much better here Jon.....howling gales, rain and more rain :Sad:

Bless 'im I'll have a beer ready:Smile:

Never mind the beer Jim, a cup of tea and a couple of matchsticks will do nicely thanks :roflmto:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi Jim,

Glad you had a good run.:thumb:

Which way did you enter the showground please?We got Red gate tickets but don't know where you are from there.

Link Removed

Last edited:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hope you've got the beer tent up Jim

Don't suppose theres anyway I could blag my way in about 11 tonight MATE :thumb:

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi have you a web cam?:Smile:

have a great weekend:winky:and oh!! did you get my pm jim?

and DO a group photo like at bosworth jim:thumb::thumb::thumb:

ray:Cool:

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Well a 7 hour drive in convoy with Sian and we are here at last. We have an excellent rally area, on short grass with very firm ground and only ten yards from our 3m by 3m gazebo trade stand.

Just going to have a sandwich and a beer, you guys better hurry::bigsmile:

dont drink it all, Jim.
it has to go round a lot of people. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Well he's just called to say he's arrived in one piece - lets hope there's not too much bad language as he tries to find where I put everything in his absence! :Doh:

Can you see him from where you are Jim? :roflmto:

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Well I thought I would assemble the 6 by 4 metre frame of the party tent, and it went well. Then the wind died down enough to convince me to put the roof on, it then waited until I secured the roof to the frame which is 2 inch tubular steel and then it blew. It picked the marquee up complete with two kids hanging on it. The kids flight wasn't quite as far as the Wright brothers because luckily (for them :whatthe:) the RV stopped it flying too far. Never mind, a few more scratches will keep the others company.

I will wait for some reinforcements in the morning, Meanwhile I have taken the roof off and had another beer:Cool:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Well we are gassed up and ready to roll. Shall be leaving at about 1:30 tomorrow, get the drink cold.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Well I thought I would assemble the 6 by 4 metre frame of the party tent, and it went well. Then the wind died down enough to convince me to put the roof on, it then waited until I secured the roof to the frame which is 2 inch tubular steel and then it blew. It picked the marquee up complete with two kids hanging on it. The kids flight wasn't quite as far as the Wright brothers because luckily (for them :whatthe:) the RV stopped it flying too far. Never mind, a few more scratches will keep the others company.

I will wait for some reinforcements in the morning, Meanwhile I have taken the roof off and had another beer:Cool:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: wish i'd been there to see that. ::bigsmile:

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Hi

If all you RVers get the chance pop into Brownhills.

We did and they must have fifty RVs there.

stew

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Yes John. Second bullet point on the Weekend Camping page says "Stay until Monday morning (if you wish)". Good job too because we intend staying :Smile:

:Eeek: Does that mean I should pack more beer?

Graham

Thank you Graham::bigsmile:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Jim see you about 2am, can you have the kettle on please, milk no sugar. ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Olley

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Jim can you park us so the ones leaving on Sunday are not blocked in by Monday leavers please:thumb:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Lovely sunrise at Newark, Sun is streaming into the motorhome and the wind has gone so we might be able to get the party tent up:thumb:

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
We should be there by 3pm - a little later than we had hoped, but I'll tell Keith to put his foot down and we may be able to hit 40mph:ROFLMAO:

pudseykeith

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Leeds West Riding of York
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 Years
Newark

Hi every one.
We hope you have a super weekend. Sorry we are unable to join you, maybe at the next meeting.
Best wishes, pudseykeith and Rosalie. :thumb:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
hi Jim didn't quite make it, had to turn off at the Downtown warehouse about 10 miles from Newark. got here about 02.30 unfortunately theirs a big M/way services right next door. Girls got to shop.

Be with you around 13.00.

Olley

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back