Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
We have moved on again...Just thought some of you funsters may like see one of the sites we have been on....7 euros for the first 3 nights.....then 6 euros onwards then from 30 + nights.it is 5 euros per night over the winter period, 16amp electric,water, wifi, showers, toilets, laundry....:Doh:

More photos to follow
Mel

Attachments

• Albufeira 2013 001.jpg
    Albufeira 2013 001.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 174
  • Albufeira 2013 002.jpg
    Albufeira 2013 002.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 159
  • Albufeira 2013 003.jpg
    Albufeira 2013 003.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 168
  • Albufeira 2013 004.jpg
    Albufeira 2013 004.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 161
  • Albufeira 2013 005.jpg
    Albufeira 2013 005.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 168
OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
more to follow

Attachments

• Albufeira 2013 007.jpg
    Albufeira 2013 007.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 114
  • Albufeira 2013 006.jpg
    Albufeira 2013 006.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 111
  • Albufeira 2013 008.jpg
    Albufeira 2013 008.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 113
  • Albufeira 2013 009.jpg
    Albufeira 2013 009.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 105
  • Albufeira 2013 010.jpg
    Albufeira 2013 010.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 107

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
pics are good but where the heck are ya and dont say albufeira

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
pics are good but where the heck are ya and dont say albufeira

UKbill......Albufeira

N37° 05.876' W8° 14.607'.......Is that ok for you ukBILL:Doh::winky::winky::ROFLMAO: sorry

Mel

Last edited:

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Mel, thanks for the photos looks fine to me, as you say they are working on it. I like the way each pitch is marked out. We will take a scooter run out tomorrow and and a look, have the kettle ready.....

John & Dawn

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
i know its Albufeira but where its a big place and last time i put codes into me sat nav i nearly ended in the middle of the med :roflmto:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I went to that resort for my honeymoon.

Got a whiplash injury from falling out of a doughnut being pulled by a speedboat after a liquid lunch:Sad:

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
We have moved on again...Just thought some of you funsters may like see one of the sites we have been on....7 euros for the first 3 nights.....then 6 euros onwards then from 30 + nights.it is 5 euros per night over the winter period, 16amp electric,water, wifi, showers, toilets, laundry....:Doh:

More photos to follow
Mel

Hi Mel. Any info on web site or phone numbers for this site???? Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Tolls Portugal

We are heading for Portugal early Feb and wonder how everyone there is managing with the tolls.
I was planning to use the easy toll option .

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
We are heading for Portugal early Feb and wonder how everyone there is managing with the tolls.

Larry we have been on the E/tolls and it was very easy..
All tolls are quite expensive, and will be more for your outfit...it worked out for us on class 2 at 13c per km on e/tolls and 16c per km on ticket....we entered from the north from Vilar Formoso..then 11km further on at the BP garage there is a pay drive in a like a toll booth 3 lanes for three categories you put your card in.the cameras read your number then as drive along there are cameras on gantries across the road reads your number it also tells you the cost on a sign just before ...for all the categories....this ticket you get lasts a month to drive on all E/Tolls.....it was in English..... As most of the Portuguese speaks or wants to speak English as we have been told by our Portuguese friends:thumb:

Larry you can also cancel your ticket that last's a month at any time by going onto the internet...this is all on your ticket...and the money comes out of your bank:winky::winky::Doh::whatthe::cry::cry:
Mel

Last edited:
OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
i know its Albufeira but where its a big place and last time i put codes into me sat nav i nearly ended in the middle of the med :roflmto:

Bill are you taking the michael.........or is there something wrong with your sat nav:Doh::winky::winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
UKbill......Albufeira

N37° 05.876' W8° 14.607'.......Is that ok for you ukBILL:Doh::winky::winky::ROFLMAO: sorry

Mel

Ukbill...copy the coordinations above ...bring up google maps....paste the coords into the find box.......Bingo.....you will find out were it will be :Doh:

Mel

Deleted User

We used this option when we crossed from Spain at Vila Real and it works but only lasts for a month ( supposedly). Last year I bought a transponder that supposedly lasted for three months and then you could get your money back, not so simple, still got it in the glove compartment.
Our month is up, we have used the A22 since and being good upstanding citizens wanted to fulfill our obligations and sojourned to the Post Office in Tavira as per instructions to pay our dues. Needless to say we were unsuccesfsul(can't find the spellchecker but I can spell Mississippi ::bigsmile:)

Our advice ignore it, if they track you down pay it.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Bill are you taking the michael.........or is there something wrong with your sat nav:Doh::winky::winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I had the same trouble with my Ventura navigator but my two garmins both put me in the same place about 100m from a roundabout :Eeek:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I had the same trouble with my Ventura navigator but my two garmins both put me in the same place about 100m from a roundabout :Eeek:

Larry the site entrance is on the roundabout...then along some spare ground being worked on... then into the site:thumb:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Larry we have been on the E/tolls and it was very easy..
All tolls are quite expensive, and will be more for your outfit...it worked out for us on class 2 at 13c per km on e/tolls and 16c per km on ticket....we entered from the north from Vilar Formoso..then 11km further on at the BP garage there is a pay drive in a like a toll booth 3 lanes for three categories you put your card in.the cameras read your number then as drive along there are cameras on gantries across the road reads your number it also tells you the cost on a sign just before ...for all the categories....this ticket you get lasts a month to drive on all E/Tolls.....it was in English..... As most of the Portuguese speaks or wants to speak English as we have been told by our Portuguese friends:thumb:

Larry you can also cancel your ticket that last's a month at any time by going onto the internet...this is all on your ticket...and the money comes out of your bank:winky::winky::Doh::whatthe::cry::cry:
Mel

Thanks Mel, mine comes under C2 also, so not too costly .
We arrive Santander on 12th Feb and depending on weather which route we take to enter Portugal but more than one choice for easy toll :thumb:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
We arrive Santander on 12th Feb and depending on weather which route we take to enter Portugal but more than one choice for easy toll :thumb:

miss the tolls would be better larry:thumb:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Mel, if you enter Portugal from northern Spain, work down to the Algarve, then across in to Spain again taking around a month / 6 weeks do you have to use toll roads? :Smile: Thanks

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009

Larry, you dont need to go on any tolls at all mate, stay on the A62/ A66 all the way thru Spain right down to Saville, Great road all the way, then turn right on to the A49 towards Portugal, (May be small toll somewhere here but was not there when i came home last may) enter Portugal on the A22 and go as far as Jct 18 sign posted N122 VRS to Antonio C Marim, and go on this road until you reach the N125 then turn right and go anywhere on the Algarve now as this road stretches the whole lenght on the Portugal from East to West and no charges but mostly single lane road all the way and busy at times so miss the rush hours. Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Mel, if you enter Portugal from northern Spain, work down to the Algarve, then across in to Spain again taking around a month / 6 weeks do you have to use toll roads? :Smile: Thanks

NO:thumb:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Thanks Mel, Just what i wanted mate, What does the wifi cost ???? Thanks Mel. Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Garry...at the moment...the 16amp electric and the wifi, the site per night, water, drop off point for grey & cassette, shower, toilet
Are all in that price of 7 euros per night for the first 3 nights then 6 euros per night...up to 30 days then 5 euros after that....it costs me more a week at home in france .....:Doh:..weather has been excellent for the last month while we have been here hot during the day and blue skies from about 18c to 24c during the day and dropping to 6c to 15c during the night:thumb:...here at the mo there is some work being done....will the price stay the same I do not know ...it has only just opened in september 2012
There is an auto washer for laundry is 4.50 for the washer and 3 euros for the the dryer ...

I think it is 2 euros just to come in and empty and fill up with water...but not 100% positive.

Mel

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Larry, you dont need to go on any tolls at all mate, stay on the A62/ A66 all the way thru Spain right down to Saville, Great road all the way, then turn right on to the A49 towards Portugal, (May be small toll somewhere here but was not there when i came home last may) enter Portugal on the A22 and go as far as Jct 18 sign posted N122 VRS to Antonio C Marim, and go on this road until you reach the N125 then turn right and go anywhere on the Algarve now as this road stretches the whole lenght on the Portugal from East to West and no charges but mostly single lane road all the way and busy at times so miss the rush hours. Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

thanks Garry, must save my money for drink :thumb:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

More photos to follow
Mel

They have just given out some flyers....and there is a little work in progress,
I have just looked at the prices and they differ from what we are paying,...not much ....so I think we are paying the winter prices(above) and the ones on the web site are for the summer...
So here is there web site off the flyer....
http://www.parquedapalmeira.com/welcome.en.htm

And before anybody ask's... NO there are NO 5 ers or Caravans on the site...maybe that is why they call it Autocaravanas as many others sites do....while we have been here in Portugal...in 1 month we have only seen one caravan and that caused utter mayhem and took about 5 hours to park on our last site, then moved the following day.....and seen no 5ers:Doh:

Mel

Last edited:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
They have just given out some flyers....and there is a little work in progress,
I have just looked at the prices and they differ from what we are paying,...not much ....so I think we are paying the winter prices(above) and the ones on the web site are for the summer...
So here is there web site off the flyer....
http[HI]://www.parquedapalmeira.com/welcome.en.htm[/HI]And before anybody ask's... NO there are NO 5 ers or Caravans on the site...maybe that is why they call it Autocaravanas as many others sites do....while we have been here in Portugal...in 1 month we have only seen one caravan and that caused utter mayhem and took about 5 hours to park on our last site, then moved the following day.....and seen no 5ers:Doh:

Mel

Thanks for the link ! When you look at the site overall it's not so bad !! Coming from Margal it will be very much home from home !!:Doh:
So, two reasonably priced sites now in that area !!:Cool::Cool::Cool:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
no mel i wasnt taking the michael as if i would dear o dear :ROFLMAO:
will cya there at some point sat nav willing :roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Deleted User
"And before anybody ask's... NO there are NO 5 ers or Caravans on the site...maybe that is why they call it Autocaravanas as many others sites do....while we have been here in Portugal...in 1 month we have only seen one caravan and that caused utter mayhem and took about 5 hours to park on our last site, then moved the following day.....and seen no 5ers"

You must have been looking in the wrong places ::bigsmile:

Including ourselves I know of two nearby though we have now moved to Cabanas.

In my opinion sites like this one and the one at Guia, which we have visited, are intended for Motorhomes only(as you say) and can best be described as Aires with facilities and should be treated as such.

I have not seen the one at Albufeira but the access to the one at Guia is, in my opinion, dangerous for large and slow moving outfits.

Please don't judge all caravanners by the antics of one obviously inexperienced driver, I have seen many motorhomers struggling to get their 'huge' rigs onto pitches that I could quite easily get the 5'er or a caravan.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back