Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
I notice Travelworld advertising on motorhome fun.

In April 2011 I bought a new Rapido from Travelworld. They had recently acquired a Rapido dealership. We had like Rapido for some years but not bought one chiefly because there was no dealer reasonably local to us. So when Travelworld started selling Rapido's we jumped at the chance and bought one.

I have just discovered that - 18 months later - they have now ceased to be a Rapido dealer, it appears that they have chosen to replace Rapido with Hymer. They have agreed to do my next service but have made it clear that after that I will have to go elsewhere for warranty work - so I am now several hours drive from the nearest dealer.

Also, maybe I expect too much, but they have not told me of this change - I found out by chance. I would at least have expected some sort of letter about this as - at least to me - it is quite important! Perhaps they have a different view about customer care than I do.

Are there any other travelworld / rapido customers on here in this position?

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
We bought a RV from travelworld. The words Travelworld and customer care in my opinion do not go together at all.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We bought an RV from them a few years ago, we had a few problems with it and to be honest they were above and beyond in putting it right. Couldn't fault them.

Funsters rate them 7.9 out of 10 at the moment. if you are a customer, do leave a review Broken Link Removed :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rolandrat

Free Member
Jan 5, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
We bought a RV from travelworld. The words Travelworld and customer care in my opinion do not go together at all.
we once bought a very expensive RV from Travelworld when they were in Wolverhampton and because of their response when the Onan generator packed up we went to Dudleys who couldn't do enough for us.

yorkshirepudding

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Pudsey/Leeds
Funster No
MH
Thinking of tenting again
Exp
September '09
I think this expectation of customer service is an age related thing. We of a certain age have high expectations where customer service is concerned. We also show a high degree of loyalty when our expectations are met. It is unfortunate that the concept of good customer service is becoming a thing of the past.

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Musical chairs - Travelworld are now my nearest Hymer dealer, they are a lot closer than Preston / Newark, but.....

Hymer annual damp check at Travelworld £144, last year at Brownhills £90

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
You asked for opinions. Our Chausson, supplied by Discover Leisure, developed a fault that required a warranty claim. Despite not having supplied the vehicle, Travelworld agreed to take on the claim successfully and carried out the work to my satisfaction.

Steve

OP
OP
motorhomer

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Responses here are 2 positives and 2 negatives about travelword, excluding me.

I was not entirely happy with them before they dropped their franchise on my make of van, and I am certainly not now! Last time I went there they charged £705 for a hab service including an oil change on the vans engine, which I asked them to do and for which they charged £320. They claimed to be charging the same as JT Vickers (the Shrewsbury fiat dealer) but when I later rang Vickers they told me they would have charged £160 just for an oil change. I have just booked the van for the next mechanical service into Vickers, their charge is £250 for a full service - rather less than Travelworld for just an oil change!

Also, Vickers - without asking - offered me a loan car, as did Hayes, the excellent Pilote dealer , who I used to deal with (pity they don't sell Rapido!). Travelworld left me to my own devices, although they did offer me a coffee while I waited.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We went to look at MH's at Travelworld a few months back. The receptionist asked me to sign in. I asked what the justification for signing in was, she replied just a formality. I signed in but refused to give my address. Get enough junk & sh1t through the letterbox as it is.

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Responses here are 2 positives and 2 negatives about travelword, excluding me.

I was not entirely happy with them before they dropped their franchise on my make of van, and I am certainly not now! Last time I went there they charged £705 for a hab service including an oil change on the vans engine, which I asked them to do and for which they charged £320. They claimed to be charging the same as JT Vickers (the Shrewsbury fiat dealer) but when I later rang Vickers they told me they would have charged £160 just for an oil change. I have just booked the van for the next mechanical service into Vickers, their charge is £250 for a full service - rather less than Travelworld for just an oil change!

Also, Vickers - without asking - offered me a loan car, as did Hayes, the excellent Pilote dealer , who I used to deal with (pity they don't sell Rapido!). Travelworld left me to my own devices, although they did offer me a coffee while I waited.

Give Dave Newell a call !! He does mine at a great price ! and you know it's been done properly ! Just down the road from you !!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Dealers charge 4 times the price that you can buy it from chandlers at yourself then add VAT and a think of a number figure for labour

OP
OP
motorhomer

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Give Dave Newell a call !! He does mine at a great price ! and you know it's been done properly ! Just down the road from you !!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Thanks, for future ref I will but when the van was new I preferred the main dealer for warranty reasons.

I have been to Dave Newell before, he fitted Alugas refillable tanks for me - did a super job!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back