Free Member
Apr 21, 2012
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1990 ish...
Not as exotic as some funsters travels but I'm suddenly enthusiastic nevertheless, plus I'm getting my fair share of "exotic" with work. Mundane will be quite welcome...:roflmto:
It's my Daughter's "O" level year so the family's life seems to be on hold whilst we get through this year. The last half term holiday we had the books went with us and we had a happy time doing Physics and Chemistry for a couple of wet days in...:thumb:
I'll be home from work by mid/late March so have booked at two sites for after the Easter weekend:
Four nights at the CC site at Borrowdale up by Dewentwater in the Lake District.
Five nights for the following week at the CC Crystal Palace site in London.
Anyone any experiences good, bad or indifferent?:Cool:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Have fun:thumb:

My only comment is that the Camping and Caravan Club site at Chertsey is a better bet than Crystal Pallace.

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Not as exotic as some funsters travels but I'm suddenly enthusiastic nevertheless, plus I'm getting my fair share of "exotic" with work. Mundane will be quite welcome...:roflmto:
It's my Daughter's "O" level year so the family's life seems to be on hold whilst we get through this year. The last half term holiday we had the books went with us and we had a happy time doing Physics and Chemistry for a couple of wet days in...:thumb:
I'll be home from work by mid/late March so have booked at two sites for after the Easter weekend:
Four nights at the CC site at Borrowdale up by Dewentwater in the Lake District.
Anyone any experiences good, bad or indifferent?:Cool:

Hi
We have done both sites ,Borrowdale
once , nice clean site, but a bit out of the way, don't be tempted to take your van down to the lake it,s narrow with no passing places, not to far to walk on a nice day, some nice places to visit in the van, also no toilet block there so van only, Crystal Palace nice site number 3 bus straight in to London Centre, good toilet block, we have been there twice and will go again soon, enjoy.

Pete :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Desres

Looks like we are in the same boat if you pardon the pun :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.
Sophie is also doing some exams this may and has asked that we don't go away for to long so she can attend study school. We have booked into the Chester food and drink festival weekend and then a few days localish so might even make the lakes and can join you for a run while the kids study :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Gerry

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Could be looking at another motorhome later this year, apart from that we will be meeting my son in LA staying with my cousin for a week then flying back to his place in New York for a week. Sound like a cheep skate I know but not the case.
We have also booked a villa in Majorca for a week with some friends for a bit of early sunshine. Beside this, my son is still here for another couple of weeks which seems like a holiday too.
I wouldn't mind a week in Cyprus and whatever else turns up. :Cool:
Just for now I'm wearing my winter clothes and enjoying the inclement winter weather. Never could understand looking for winter sun. Why do people do that you miss so much.:winky:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Never could understand looking for winter sun. Why do people do that you miss so much.:winky:

Yep
Snow, Rain, Cold, A bit of sun on your bones and you feel a lot better. :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Never could understand looking for winter sun. Why do people do that you miss so much.:winky:
Yep
Snow, Rain, Cold, A bit of sun on your bones and you feel a lot better. :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
Oppps.....forgot not all members live in the warm agreeable weather of south east. Must be hell north of Birmingham.:Smile:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I see you have reduced the cold spot from north of Watford . :winky::winky:
Globule warming is having an effect. Give it a few more years and you too will be staying here enjoying the warm winter sun. Save a fortune on travelling south. Did you know we are already getting no end of shots coming up through the soil.:winky:

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
We have booked a week in Benamadena in a hotel in February , our wedding anniversary trip, then my wife finally retires from 32 years at Sainsburys, then off to Alaska/Canada for all the month of June, after that as many trips away in the M/H as we can fit in.:thumb:

Campercaillie

Free Member
Jun 23, 2012
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 620
Exp
-
Not too long now and we're away to snap us some tigers! Off to the tiger parks of India. Meeting big beasties in their natural habitat - you just can't beat it!

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
[/QUOTE]

DesRes
above site in the LEZ do check your MH is compliance,
best regards

OP
OP
DesRes

DesRes

Free Member
Apr 21, 2012
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1990 ish...
Thanks for the replies folks.
@ Peter: That's really useful, good to have some positive feedback. I see you're in Cleethorpes. I'm up that way kitesurfing occasionally, when the conditions are right. We launch at Rossall or at "The Wreck" near Bispham.
@ Gerry: :roflmto:Well I'll be on my taper for Blackpool Marathon that week. We'll be having the four days in the Lakes, heading home Saturday, racing on Sunday 7th.
It's my Missus' 50th on the Monday then we'll skoot to London the next day.

Cheers, Andy:thumb:

OP
OP
DesRes

DesRes

Free Member
Apr 21, 2012
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1990 ish...
Thanks 1948. Yes we're fine, Euro IV Tranny as per my avatar. It's just that reason why we've not been down that way for a few years. My last van was a T reg so became out of favour...:Sad:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Thanks for the replies folks.
@ Peter: That's really useful, good to have some positive feedback. I see you're in Cleethorpes. I'm up that way kitesurfing occasionally, when the conditions are right. We launch at Rossall or at "The Wreck" near Bispham.
@ Gerry: :roflmto:Well I'll be on my taper for Blackpool Marathon that week. We'll be having the four days in the Lakes, heading home Saturday, racing on Sunday 7th.
It's my Missus' 50th on the Monday then we'll skoot to London the next day.

Cheers, Andy:thumb:

Hi Andy haven't booked yet but was thinking of doing the B/Pool half as part of my training for the Edinburgh marathon and as its Lorraine's birthday and our anniversary that weekend thought we would get away for a night or two. So if I do decide to do it I will let you know and possibly meet up before or after.

Cheers Gerry

OP
OP
DesRes

DesRes

Free Member
Apr 21, 2012
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1990 ish...
Sounds like a plan Gerry, yes, would be great to meet up. Would you be coming down in the motorhome?
I've got my place for the race, booked a few weeks ago. I did Edinburgh Marathon in 2011. Really enjoyed it apart from the poor organization at the end. That's probably all changed by now though.:thumb:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi
You got the coast right but its Cleveleys, up the coast from Bispham, good luck in the race etc, we are away until July so when is the race on. Pete :thumb:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Globule warming is having an effect. Give it a few more years and you too will be staying here enjoying the warm winter sun. Save a fortune on travelling south. Did you know we are already getting no end of shots coming up through the soil.:winky:

Good idea but I think I will be dust by then, I don't like the cold I have already told my lot I want to be cremated. Pete :thumb::thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Sounds like a plan Gerry, yes, would be great to meet up. Would you be coming down in the motorhome?
I've got my place for the race, booked a few weeks ago. I did Edinburgh Marathon in 2011. Really enjoyed it apart from the poor organization at the end. That's probably all changed by now though.:thumb:

Hi Andy
If i entered the race then yes we would be in the motorhome hopefully by then a different one as in the process of looking at other ones. Haven't booked a site if thats what you mean thought id just wildcamp as im sure theres a bit you can near blackpool now.

Did Edinburgh in May and loads of folk had mentioned the poor organization at the end and as far as im aware they moved it from the race course to the school certainly didnt have any issues in May there again i was the knackered i wouldnt have noticed :ROFLMAO:

Will let you know in plenty of time as i will probably enter it in the next couple of weeks if i decide to do it.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Not too long now and we're away to snap us some tigers! Off to the tiger parks of India. Meeting big beasties in their natural habitat - you just can't beat it!

Yes indeed, the mozzies in Inja can be quite something to contend with and are also quite a lot LOUDER than European ones. Still never see the blighters till it's too late though. Tell the Memsah'b to get some netting round her pith helmet if I were you. You of course, can light your pipe. Balkan Sobranie's probably the best.

And keep topping up the gin & tonic levels; essential for the quinine intake ......

OP
OP
DesRes

DesRes

Free Member
Apr 21, 2012
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1990 ish...
Hi Gerry,

A possibility for overnighting @ Blackpool is at Lytham St. Annes. The sea front carpark near the pier has dedicated bays for motorhomes. I took a look whilst we were out one day last leave, looked okay but I can't remember the cost. It is likely to be less rowdy than Blackpool on a Saturday night...:shout:

Hi Pete, race is 7th April.

Last edited:

Campercaillie

Free Member
Jun 23, 2012
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 620
Exp
-
Hi Gerry,

A possibility for overnighting @ Blackpool is at Lytham St. Annes............It is likely to be less rowdy than Blackpool on a Saturday night...:shout:

Kabul is likely to be less rowdy than Blackpool on ANY night of the week!! :winky:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi Gerry,

A possibility for overnighting @ Blackpool is at Lytham St. Annes. The sea front carpark near the pier has dedicated bays for motorhomes. I took a look whilst we were out one day last leave, looked okay but I can't remember the cost. It is likely to be less rowdy than Blackpool on a Saturday night...:shout:

Hi Pete, race is 7th April.

Sorry to miss it we will still be in Spain, good luck. Pete

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back