LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Just been out for a few hours in the MH and hubby reversed into a huge wooden bollard - broken trim now to be replaced, he was a bit upset as you can imagine.:cry:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
he isn't the first and wont be the last i caught a tree reversing into a parking space and put a nice scrape about 8 feet up on the side of the van which we had only had 3 weeks from new at the time.
of course it was out of the reversing camera view point.
gutted was an understatement to say the least.

Last edited:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
you know what the like button is all well and good but we really need a "tough titty" button as well.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

you would have had your fair share of flashing box then wouldn't you :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

DesRes

Free Member
Apr 21, 2012
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1990 ish...
Oh, that's tough Scousebird...:Doh: Is it just the grey trim? If so, it can easily be renewed. I'm really wary about reversing mine, it's a good bit longer than my last van and so hard to judge the distance out to the back, usually call my Missus for help...:Eeek:
Hope you can get it fixed without too much hassle...

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
reversing cameras are a really good investment the only thing you will find is if you hit something it will have been just out of view of the camera and mirrors.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
reversing cameras are a really good investment the only thing you will find is if you hit something it will have been just out of view of the camera and mirrors.

We have reversing bleeper cost about £70
fitted by Motobars in leamington Spa

but that was 4 years ago

Roger

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
HAH!!! Mrs R gets out of the waggon and through various hand signals, of which the like is unbeknown to mankind, Generally a vigorous flapping of the hands, a shuddering, hands over the eyes while turning her back, and! Then, the smile that tells me everything is Ok

Forget yer Reversing Camera :winky: They can't read a map, cook a meal, give you a cuddle, tell you when you are wrong, and snuggle up on a cold night!:thumb:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
We've all done it. When out time comes, it will be sold with 'been around the block a bit'. Who cares? It's only superficial and would go to the Antarctic if necessary. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
oddly enough when i bought my motorhome and went for the insurance they actually requested that it had a reversing camera fitted (which it did from the factory) and either a tracker or a cat 1 alarm as part of the conditions of the insurance.

i can only assume that some insurance companies will give a discount if you have one fitted.

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Come on, own up, it was really YOU driving, but you beat him to the pc didnt ya:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
scousebird

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Oh, that's tough Scousebird...:Doh: Is it just the grey trim? If so, it can easily be renewed. I'm really wary about reversing mine, it's a good bit longer than my last van and so hard to judge the distance out to the back, usually call my Missus for help...:Eeek:
Hope you can get it fixed without too much hassle...

Morning

Yes, luckily just the trim and as it's in 3 pieces we only need 2 of them. Alan rang the dealer & they reckon they can get it in about 2 weeks. Alan's going to temporarily repair it today. Just one of those stupid mistakes. :Blush:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
How are the mighty fallen !

I used to have a top box !!!!!:Doh::Doh::Doh:
I religiously took note of all the height notifications until after a long days driving I failed to notice that the campsite had an arch at the entrance :cry::cry::cry:

Tibs

Free Member
May 22, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Tstar680
Exp
I'm a newbie
So easily done!!

Many years ago I offered to run my youngest son to the local skateboard park as it meant I could collect my bicycle from the repairers on route........
You've guessed it, forgot bike was there and sailed under the height barrier:cry:
Result: one mangled bike lying dead in the road, very red cheeks and an extremely embarrassed 10yr old......."Oh MUM"!!!:Doh: .....All his friends were there to witness it! :ROFLMAO:

P.s. Bike is still going strong and got me through a sponsored ride from London to Paris!!:Smile:

Jane

Andy and donna

Free Member
Nov 10, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
What a bummer! Reversing camera maybe.

OP
OP
scousebird

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Just been out for a few hours in the MH and hubby reversed into a huge wooden bollard - broken trim now to be replaced, he was a bit upset as you can imagine.:cry:

Just got the bill for the damage - £520.00 including labour. Alan said he will be alot more careful in future!

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
Her indoors always insists on getting out even when it is chucking it down,then i have my rant that i was hgv pcv driver for 40 bl##dy years.Reply you cant be to careful.And she is right but dont tell her i said that.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
We can all make mistakes.

But a vehicle is just plastic & metal.

So long as no one is hurt the rest can be replaced.

Mel

DesRes

Free Member
Apr 21, 2012
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1990 ish...
Ouch...::whatthe: That sounds rather more than expected and nothing "budget" about it. Cheekily, I'd be interested to learn how much they charged you for the parts.:Smile:

OP
OP
scousebird

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Ouch...::whatthe: That sounds rather more than expected and nothing "budget" about it. Cheekily, I'd be interested to learn how much they charged you for the parts.:Smile:

Can let you know when the job is done and we get the final bill. Job booked in for 14th Feb

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Her indoors always insists on getting out even when it is chucking it down,then i have my rant that i was hgv pcv driver for 40 bl##dy years.Reply you cant be to careful.And she is right but dont tell her i said that.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Same here but he would still insist on reversing into a bin. Not to worry - we're still alive and it could happen to anybody.:cry:

Ivy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back