overcab mattress - elddis autostratus (1 Viewer)

dorsetdan

Free Member
Dec 19, 2012
bournemouth
Funster No
MH
c class (i think!)
Exp
newbie december 2012
hi all,

having now completed the purchase on the camper, and making note of all the bits we can re-use from the folding unit, or those that we need to get....

it took me a while looking round the inside to realise that there isnt a mattress in the overcab bed - is this normal and i am being daft, was it an option or is it just missing or something?

i dont think i need to hold the dealer to supplying as it was bought "as seen" and its used not brand new. that said, dunno whether it should have one (would seem a bit uncomfortable otherwise!), or whether some seat pads from somewhere else go up there or i need to buy one from (i dont know where) somewhere?

cheers all, dan

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
chances are the dealer removed it to dry storage, go and ask for it back, of course it should have come with a bed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Ours has no mattress on the drop down bed, but that's because we took it out. Makes more room for spare bedding/towels etc that we keep up there. We only use the fixed bed at the rear.
A previous owner of yours may have done the same, assuming that there are other beds.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi if no luck try Ebay for foam cut to size -about 4 ins thick will do but 5/6 ins is better:winky: then get a cover made for it :thumb:
terry

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
It certainly should have a mattress !
If the van is 2nd hand maybe the previous owner ditched it..

We ditched all the supplied mattress's replacing them with box spring type from the local bed centre.. About 200% better than any foam !

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Sorry to be the bearer of doom.....

Have you considered that the mattress was 'conveniently' removed and lost because it was soaked through due to kids pee, or even worse, rain water from a leak?:Eeek:

It has been a very wet year after all!

Wet mattresses do tend to smell and make a motorhome unsaleable.:cry:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
It certainly should have a mattress !
If the van is 2nd hand maybe the previous owner ditched it..

We ditched all the supplied mattress's replacing them with box spring type from the local bed centre.. About 200% better than any foam !

You need a memory foam mattress John :thumb: you will never go back to springs ::bigsmile:
terry

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
You need a memory foam mattress John :thumb: you will never go back to springs ::bigsmile:
terry

We spent a fortune on memory foam mattress's .. Absolutely HATED them.. In fact sold one cheap on here and cut the other one up for various other jobs..
They might be fine if you are under about 14st, but at 16st I just felt like I was laying on a bare board after about 30 minutes..
The box mattress's have turned out to be absolutely perfect in every respect :thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
We spent a fortune on memory foam mattress's .. Absolutely HATED them.. In fact sold one cheap on here and cut the other one up for various other jobs..
They might be fine if you are under about 14st, but at 16st I just felt like I was laying on a bare board after about 30 minutes..
The box mattress's have turned out to be absolutely perfect in every respect :thumb:
I am 18 st and have a 10 ins deep one (7 ins with 3 ins memory foam ) changed from a 2,000 spring Millbrok mattress and never missed it once :thumb::winky:I keep thinking of buying another but with the 7 ins bit being springs for my Snoring bed (when she kicks me into the spare room :winky:)
terry

teknik155

Free Member
Apr 9, 2012
irthlingborough
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2002
Matress for Autostratus

Hi there DorsetDan. On a 1999 autostratus you have a 2 piece matress as the bed slides in half to allow you to exit the cab.Thefixed half of the bed has the thickest half at about 3 inches and about 2 inches on the otherWhen pushed in they double stack.Any other questions on a 1999'sh Autostratus please ask

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back