mrhappydog

Free Member
Dec 30, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner IT728G
Exp
Does anyone know how busy this site is at this time of the year, indeed how busy from October on. I am just not sure whether it is worth booking to be sure of a place and paying the full rate or just arriving and paying the ASCI rate?

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
If it's busy there is a small secure campsite on the Industrial Estate outside Marjal. It is behind the Mercadona and near the Iceland just of the N332. Good clean and roomy with toilets showers etc.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Does anyone know how busy this site is at this time of the year, indeed how busy from October on. I am just not sure whether it is worth booking to be sure of a place and paying the full rate or just arriving and paying the ASCI rate?

It`s a popular site all year...

Depending how big you are, the best plots on the perimeter roads, are always booked long in advance and are popular with the "Snowbirds"...

I personally would book...

Out of the two "Marjal" sites ... Guardamar & Catral.. (The inland one)... I would sooner stay at the coastal one... (Been to both)... so much more to do within walking distance, Beach, Pine Forest, Walks by the River, the town of Guardamar not far away...

The three or four times we wintered there we booked... and glad we did, cos all the best and biggest plots were snapped up months in advance...

There were a few plots last winter, because a few had pulled off and gone to the new site.... but I am given to understand they have drifted back... :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Destination Unknown

Free Member
Oct 30, 2010
Anywhere and everywhere
Funster No
MH
American A Class
Exp
Not Long Enough...!!
If you want a nice quiet site, takes 4 vans, swimming pool, shower,toilet, Wifi, british tv.low cost lecci. around 300euros a month.

Just outside Dolores. A bit of a bumpy road to get to it (may be recovered now)

Can send details if your interested...

If you do stay at Marjal, are you visiting Nancys..hehe. Also a british garage down the road from site which do british mots ect.
And of couse a visit to "Jeans" for a very good cheap chinese meal.. 6 course, snappes,drink, and two bottles of wine for around 8 euros...

Many other places to visit and see and spend your money..

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Doesn't happen very often around here, I'd print it and frame it and put it in pride of place on your best wall.

With one of those nice brass picture lights.

:Tongue1::moon:

Happy New year to you Brian... ::bigsmile::beer:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
If you want a nice quiet site, takes 4 vans, swimming pool, shower,toilet, Wifi, british tv.low cost lecci. around 300euros a month.

Just outside Dolores. A bit of a bumpy road to get to it (may be recovered now)

Can send details if your interested...

If you do stay at Marjal, are you visiting Nancys..hehe.[HI] Also a british garage down the road from site which do british mots ect.[/HI]And of couse a visit to "Jeans" for a very good cheap chinese meal.. 6 course, snappes,drink, and two bottles of wine for around 8 euros...

Many other places to visit and see and spend your money..

Are they recognised back in the UK and legal, D.U.... ?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
:Tongue1::moon:

Happy New year to you Brian... ::bigsmile::beer:

Thank you. Happy will be warm and dry. Well I think it will be because I've forgotten what it's like.

And the same to you and all other FUNsters, may all your pitches be level, dry, sunny and with no polarity problems leading to fire and death.

May your only gas problems be methane.

May your locks be unbeatable except in the case of a fire caused by reverse polarity in which case they will open automatically.

May your A-Frames be accepted everywhere and never set fire to your car.

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Thank you. Happy will be warm and dry. Well I think it will be because I've forgotten what it's like.

And the same to you and all other FUNsters, may all your pitches be level, dry, sunny and with no polarity problems leading to fire and death.

May your only gas problems be methane.

May your locks be unbeatable except in the case of a fire caused by reverse polarity in which case they will open

May your A-Frames be accepted everywhere and never set fire to your car.

:Eeek: :moon::moon::moon:. :moon::moon::moon:.:Eeek::Eeek:

You missed the Old Arab Christmas Greeting
" May you ear oles turn to ars oles and crap all over your shoulders"

Happy Christmas anyway Brian

Roger & Sheila:Smile:::bigsmile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
You missed the Old Arab Christmas Greeting
" May you ear oles turn to ars oles and crap all over your shoulders"

I know, I know. I'm always clicking my fingers and saying "now what's that old Arab saying ?" There's always some clever sod beats met to it. Ah well, story of my life. Maybe one day, maybe not.

Then there's the other Arab saying "Oh shit, it must be a Christian detonator".

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back