Opinion required (1 Viewer)

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
My ol mum liked look of my nexus 7 but kept calling it an Ipad as a freind has an Ipad but she dint fancy paying hundreds.Today I have seen this in Sainsburys .

I think this would do her just as well as an Ipad or a nexus she only wants to play games check her bank account maybe a email or 2 possibly keep eye on family on Facebook. So what do you people think ? worth a punt ?

Thanks in advance

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Having a 70 year old "Techno" mum who is loaded up with iphone, ipad etc.

1.. 7" screen may be a bit small, eyesight / fingers.
2.. Ensure you get one with "Capacitive" screen NOT resistive as they work a lot better.
that one does not say what it has..
3. Depending on your budget, there are some ipad 1's out there at £150 and less.

Lots of people are happy with these tablets, my 2 grandkids had something similar last year (Archos7 ?) BUT they now have ipad mini's and they prefer them.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
At least it's got USB ports, the Ipad doesn't.

Strangely no 3G/4G which seems to be the case with lots of tablets, presumably users only use them at home/in the pub. I find it odd, that with portability being a feature of a tablet, users don't find it necessary that it will actually work anywhere.:whatthe:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Only 512Mb Ram though. Not a bad price.

Just did a very quick google for 1gb tabs, with jelly bean.

. £79 1GB/16GB/Dual core

So a much better spec.

There are loads of these budgets ones about. it is worth looking at the spec as they do vary hugely.

PS: I am not recommending the one I linked to, just pointing out that this one has double the memory/storage/cores for the same price

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years

Strangely no 3G/4G which seems to be the case with lots of tablets, presumably users only use them at home/in the pub. I find it odd, that with portability being a feature of a tablet, users don't find it necessary that it will actually work anywhere.:whatthe:

£80 and your complaining. :Doh:

Ian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!

A lot of people have mobiles such as the Samsung Galaxy and 'tether' their tablet to the mobile enjoying internet anywhere a signal is available. This is exactly what we do - 10 + simultaneous tethered devices :)

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
I still think the Blackberry Playbook takes a bit of beating.

Does so much and has a brilliant screen.............I use it a lot to pick up a wireless iplayer signal and watch things full side in on the tv.

64 gigs and all the stuff you want to do.......dont waste money on an ipad

and no phone bill or contract

barry

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that

most use there phone as a wifi hotspot to connec twhat annoys me is you can buy these tablets for £80 and the cheapest mobile phones can be had for under £30 combine the two in one packege and they want £400 for them

Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
most use there phone as a wifi hotspot to connec twhat annoys me is you can buy these tablets for £80 and the cheapest mobile phones can be had for under £30 combine the two in one packege and they want £400 for them

Yup, and less functionality too - who's gonna use a tablet as a phone! :RollEyes:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RMI_iSW9L8"]Dom Joly gets a Bluetooth - YouTube[/ame]

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I would strongly recommend look for one with 1GB system memory rather than 512mb. It makes a lot of difference to the speed of the system when running more than one app.

Please note this is system memory not storage space. For storage space I would recommend a minimum of 16GB as once the OS is on and a few apps you won't have a lot of space left for media on 8GB.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back