LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
They are known in Germany as the "Rolls Royce" of motorhomes.
Superior to Hymer,built by Tabbert who have stopped making them as they were to expensive to build.Not many come up for sale as the people that own them don't part with them.Built on the Peugeot chassis and fully winterised to German standards. If you have the chance of buying one you are a very lucky person.What model is it your looking at.

Upvote 0

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
You need to PM Snowbird and ask him about his latest M/H
( & very nice it is)- I think it's the model you are asking about :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Not always on a Piggot, the one I nearly bought this year was a 98 (i think) on a Merc. Superb machine but the guy would not negotiate at all, ( he did many months later:Doh:). Coupled with the price the reason I passed was it had a u shaped lounge and no rear seat belts, but it was a corker, built like a quality boat lots of real wood. Luvverly

Upvote 0

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
There's two models that I know of,the 570 and the rarer 660. Both good and build quality is second to none. Everything is solid wood and screwed and jointed.
All models have a one piece fiberglass roof which is folded down the sides,so no damp problems unless you start drilling holes in it to fit solar panels as some recommend.:Eeek:
These campers were really built to last,like the older S class Hymers. Tabbert were reputed to have lost money on every one they made as the quality was so good,but this is not an unheard of exercise in any auto industry.
The only downside is that they are damned heavy,so heavy that on the 660 they put air suspension on as standard:winky:
They drive like no other camper I have driven before,and have driven a few.
No rattles,squeaks or bangs on these and you can listen to the radio without having it turned up to full volume.::bigsmile:
There's room for 2 X big German gas bottles in the locker running at 50 millibar so should keep you nice and warm in the winter.
Double skinned floor with every tank and pipe inboard and all tanks stainless steel and heated as are all external lockers. If its a good one that's been looked after,and you can afford it,buy it. If its the right money you will have years of enjoyment from it and still get your money back when you sell.
Better than money in the bank:thumb:.
The picture below is a 660 Classic.

Attachments

• Picture 025.jpg
    Picture 025.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 353
Upvote 0

pudseykeith

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Leeds West Riding of York
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 Years
The pictures and the description of the Tarburt resemble our German RMB built on a Merc commercial chassis. Ours is older than the Tarburt pictured but is still like new both the body and the chassis. The larger RMB's had a drive in garage in the back. I wonder if the RMB was a for runner of the Tarburt MH. Has any one got info on this.
Pudseykeith. :thumb:

Upvote 0

nucs200

Free Member
Sep 4, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
a while now
ffb tabbert

I have an f. f. b. tabbert 680 classic and these really are a great motorhome really well put together the build quality is excellent and a joy to own but hard to find in this country it took me along time to find mine which i bought privately in germany off a dutch couple and then imported here.best place to look is MOBILE. DE a german website where you can see all the different models and specs mostly fiat and mercedes(just use english version)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

Demelza

Free Member
Aug 28, 2011
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
I have an f. f. b. tabbert 680 classic and these really are a great motorhome really well put together the build quality is excellent and a joy to own but hard to find in this country it took me along time to find mine which i bought privately in germany off a dutch couple and then imported here.best place to look is MOBILE. DE a german website where you can see all the different models and specs mostly fiat and mercedes(just use english version)

Thank you for your response. We are looking at a 1990 (G plate) 46,000 miles (genuine???)Talbot Classic Tabbert 570 RHD (hence no driver's door) The asking price is £7750 Private seller. We know the seller paid £4750 (he forgot remove his purchase receipt from the document wallet!) It seems in good condition. Obviously showing its age a little but on the whole seems good. Appliances work. Started well, ran well. Our problem is concern about replacement parts such as front screen, bumpers etc as we know Tabbert no longer exists as a company. Have you had any problems in that area? Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

nucs200

Free Member
Sep 4, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
a while now
ffb

there is a company efk glass in belgium i think without checking the address who do replacement screens/glass who you could check with as they list tabbert in their stock list i have a note of my screen/glass numbers for this purpose (etched on bottom corner of screen) bumpers etc im always optomistic that somewhere there may be some or somebody who could repair them mine are all fibre glass but i dont worry about these things as there are still many ffb,s running around europe, we saw a couple of 570,s touring the mosel river in august and still going strong. if its damp free and all working and you,re happy with it, 46000 miles is low mileage my (1998 680 has about 73000 on the clock) you know what he paid so you could try a low offer but thats entirely up to you as its always a risk buying any vehichle. anything can happen afterwards. i drove mine back from germany with no breakdown cover no tools not even a tea bag and permanently touching a piece of wood it now travels to europe and back a couple of times a year we love it

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

Demelza

Free Member
Aug 28, 2011
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
there is a company efk glass in belgium i think without checking the address who do replacement screens/glass who you could check with as they list tabbert in their stock list i have a note of my screen/glass numbers for this purpose (etched on bottom corner of screen) bumpers etc im always optomistic that somewhere there may be some or somebody who could repair them mine are all fibre glass but i dont worry about these things as there are still many ffb,s running around europe, we saw a couple of 570,s touring the mosel river in august and still going strong. if its damp free and all working and you,re happy with it, 46000 miles is low mileage my (1998 680 has about 73000 on the clock) you know what he paid so you could try a low offer but thats entirely up to you as its always a risk buying any vehichle. anything can happen afterwards. i drove mine back from germany with no breakdown cover no tools not even a tea bag and permanently touching a piece of wood it now travels to europe and back a couple of times a year we love it

Maybe we are just being over cautious as it's our first venture and have been told so many 'stories' by sellers even this one whose story wasn't quite the same as the one he'd told us on the phone. Finding that a bit of problem. Wonder why people feel they have to make up reasons for selling. We can accept that some people buy just to sell on. If you want something and it fits your bill and price doesn't matter whether it belonged to Aunty Jane or whatever ;) Thanks a lot for your help.

Upvote 0

nucs200

Free Member
Sep 4, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
a while now
hi, if his story dosent sound right and he has different versions considering hes trying to make 3 grand on it perhaps best not to rush in, there are lots of motorhomes out there and the right one will turn up good luck and let me know if you get an ffb:Cool:

Upvote 0

johnti

Free Member
Oct 19, 2011
glossop
Funster No
MH
FFB tabbert
Exp
i'm a newbie
FFB Tabbert

just bought a very nice FFb Tabbert from Germany 1992,
very nice immaculate . need to know if i can travel with the main camper electrics in the ON position, also may need some parts for it, any ideas

many Thanks

Johnti

Upvote 0
Jul 17, 2012
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year on and loving it!
Feel a bit foolish asking this question, but don't know quite how else to find out!

Standing in the toilet area, looking at the back wall, on the left there is a hole, it's below the shower, but above the toilet - what is this for?

Upvote 0

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Feel a bit foolish asking this question, but don't know quite how else to find out!

Standing in the toilet area, looking at the back wall, on the left there is a hole, it's below the shower, but above the toilet - what is this for?

If its a door with an external lock, its to put the shower head through. So as to use as an external shower.

Upvote 0

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
We bought a 4 berth 1991 Tabbert 570 Classic 2 years ago (see avatar).... best buy of my life. Beautifully built vehicle, very comfortable (for two) but more importantly, very reliable and drives like a dream. FIAT Ducato chassis and so far the spares issue has never arisen so can make no comment in that respect. If you have found one ....... buy it !!

Regards, Bryan

Just noticed that this thread is over a year old, so my comments meaningless to OP but perhaps helpful to others. Sorry

B

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jul 17, 2012
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year on and loving it!
If its a door with an external lock, its to put the shower head through. So as to use as an external shower.

Thanks Snowbird - it's not a door, it's a round hole, about the size of a domestic sink plug. There is no outside door.

I take it the water for the C4 toilet comes from the MH's water system (it's got a pump and twist 'thingy' on the left side of the toilet) and I don't have to fill anything specifically for the toilet? I've not got any paperwork for this MH, and the Thetford manual that I downloaded doesn't cover this.

Am away in her at the moment, so having great fun trying to sort out all the niggly problems that have become apparent! The joys of old motorhomes - but I still love her to bits! :roflmto:

You're right Bryandh - a truly lovely bit of machinery!:thumb:

Upvote 0

Kilifi Ken

Free Member
Sep 30, 2017
Devon
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Tabbert FFB685
Exp
Since 1970,s

That's the warm air duct when the heating is on.

Upvote 0

USAF STAR

Free Member
Aug 19, 2021
Funster No
MH
tabbert 570 classic
Just bought a tabbert 570 classic well impressed, changing cambelt and water pump Saturday, and replacing oil and filters , diesel filter , and gearbox oil , shes LHD , 1.9TD goes well , lovely motorhome very impressed so far 19/08/2021

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back