Honda v Fray bentos Pies v Kipor ....saga (1 Viewer)

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Please read the whole story…take time to read it all…I tried to keep it a secret but it was toooo good not to share with fellow funsters.

The Saga of the of the Honda v Fray Bentos Steak and Ale Pie v Kipor.
Well there I was relaxing inside M/H after dinner in the warm afternoon sun sat in my shorts and polo shirt…when this tall greyish slightly thin on top person, who is an upstanding person in the Funster community… well he tells me he is, (who I have met on many occasions) dressed all in black approached me..(from now on I will refer to this person as “HE” and of course “I” as me to keep his name a secret) This person has written and replied on many threads about the generator saga Kipor v Honda.

The story goes something like this “HE” said I have come to ask you a big favour, “I” said what, “HE” said maybe I should not ask, “I” said well don’t then, “HE” said I will……CAN I BORROW YOUR HONDA !KW generator? I said …WHAT!! Now I am sat in my chair with sheer fear in my eyes panic written all over my face and sweat running down my forehead…..WHY…I said….HE said to cook my Christmas dinner a FRAY BENTOS steak and ale pie in my electric oven …As I spluttered to speak, and to find words and reasons why not…I said but you have a Kipor 750w and a Kipor 1kw…why would you want to borrow a much refined, highly tuned, engineered to the highest quality silent generator to cook a Fray Bentos Pie it’s like putting a racehorse in stocks and harness to pull a tinkers cart…I was gob smacked….now the wife could see I was struggling for words and thought OMG what can I do to help Mel….as sharp as a razor she said if you bring your pie down to our van I will cook it for you when I cook our meal in the oven at the same time and of course there would no charge for the gas ….”HE“…said……….NO….it would be cold by time I got back to my Hymermobil van

So Sadly I agreed…….. I would lend him my !kw silent highly tuned Honda generator…for ½ an hour to cook his Fray Bentos pie but with some clauses in the contract.
As it stands now he is parked about 500m from the nearest motorhome at the furthest point of the campsite field

!/ He must come and park on TARMAC with real people as real motorhomers do….I did not want the Honda sat on sludge and wet grass…..as there is/was a vacant place straight opposite me with plenty of room on Tarmac…with other motorhomers like himself using generators for lighting and cooking purposes…
2/ He must not, touch, start, add any petrol, the petrol used must be of the finest refined quality…not drained from an rusty old lawn tractor that was sat in a field even though he may well have had permission….he must not couple any electrics, these would be done by the owner.
3/ He must not ATTEMPT any repair,
Because I have heard from himself in his own words and read many times on this forum where “HE” has said he has repaired his own Kipors and many many other funsters Kipors by slamming them on the ground a few times…Alan Laneside will vouch for this….it may work on a KIPOR…BUT on a highly tuned, refined silent running Honda generator….this is NOT a practice to be tried it is not a tested repair method.
3/ I must Check all his electric connections and cable sockets as I know he has just done a repair job on one of his cable sockets.
4/ It will need to be padlocked to his chassis so the silent refined Honda generator does not go on a walk about

After I put these few simple recommendations to HIM…..he declined with head bowed he said NO…I will go and play with my Kipor broken for two years ..I will run it even though the petrol will be leaking out into a cup…

As I do not want the wrath of other funsters upon me …I ask this Question WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE!!!!!????.

Now I am Begging, Pleading with all you good Funsters at this time of year of goodwill to fellow men…to help a fellow funster…a retired fellow funster down on his luck….please please could you help…Donate a free 1kw Kipor generator with postage…or a new or even a second hand 1kw Kipor carburettor with postage…please PM for the address.as I am doing it on his behalf as he is a proud man

Or even you Roger who have skills for getting budget equiptment regularly … as I know you had a broken new kipor that had been given to you…would the carb work and could you post it free of charge for this unfortunate funster in need of electricity.

Well speak of the devil the man in Question know as “HE” as just turned up asking could I run my silent highly tuned HONDA… so he can watch football as he does not want to annoy other motor homers

Well after today I will be heading back North into France …..and home………:Doh:

Mel

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
well mel if you pay for my fuel (and passport:Doh:) i would gladly come to the rescue and bring not a 750watt kipor and not a 1kw kipor but a 2.6kw kipor for "HE" to use. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
HE is always saying how cheap these Kipors are so tell him to buy a new one:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
If it was me Mel I would have given him the Honda to use how he liked:thumb: or possibly to keep ::bigsmile: as I have never needed either a kipor or a highly engineered Honda ::bigsmile: after all it's Christmas :Smile:
I have got a couple of small 2 stroke gennys that I got off a mate from the sales the other week for 25 quid each--not quite as well engineerd as the Honda :Smile:willing to donate one of them if needed ::bigsmile:
Terry

chesterfield hooligan

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Hucknall, Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
10 years
Please read the whole story…take time to read it all…I tried to keep it a secret but it was toooo good not to share with fellow funsters.

The Saga of the of the Honda v Fray Bentos Steak and Ale Pie v Kipor.
Well there I was relaxing inside M/H after dinner in the warm afternoon sun sat in my shorts and polo shirt…when this tall greyish slightly thin on top person, who is an upstanding person in the Funster community… well he tells me he is, (who I have met on many occasions) dressed all in black approached me..(from now on I will refer to this person as “HE” and of course “I” as me to keep his name a secret) This person has written and replied on many threads about the generator saga Kipor v Honda.

The story goes something like this “HE” said I have come to ask you a big favour, “I” said what, “HE” said maybe I should not ask, “I” said well don’t then, “HE” said I will……CAN I BORROW YOUR HONDA !KW generator? I said …WHAT!! Now I am sat in my chair with sheer fear in my eyes panic written all over my face and sweat running down my forehead…..WHY…I said….HE said to cook my Christmas dinner a FRAY BENTOS steak and ale pie in my electric oven …As I spluttered to speak, and to find words and reasons why not…I said but you have a Kipor 750w and a Kipor 1kw…why would you want to borrow a much refined, highly tuned, engineered to the highest quality silent generator to cook a Fray Bentos Pie it’s like putting a racehorse in stocks and harness to pull a tinkers cart…I was gob smacked….now the wife could see I was struggling for words and thought OMG what can I do to help Mel….as sharp as a razor she said if you bring your pie down to our van I will cook it for you when I cook our meal in the oven at the same time and of course there would no charge for the gas ….”HE“…said……….NO….it would be cold by time I got back to my Hymermobil van

So Sadly I agreed…….. I would lend him my !kw silent highly tuned Honda generator…for ½ an hour to cook his Fray Bentos pie but with some clauses in the contract.
As it stands now he is parked about 500m from the nearest motorhome at the furthest point of the campsite field

!/ He must come and park on TARMAC with real people as real motorhomers do….I did not want the Honda sat on sludge and wet grass…..as there is/was a vacant place straight opposite me with plenty of room on Tarmac…with other motorhomers like himself using generators for lighting and cooking purposes…
2/ He must not, touch, start, add any petrol, the petrol used must be of the finest refined quality…not drained from an rusty old lawn tractor that was sat in a field even though he may well have had permission….he must not couple any electrics, these would be done by the owner.
3/ He must not ATTEMPT any repair,
Because I have heard from himself in his own words and read many times on this forum where “HE” has said he has repaired his own Kipors and many many other funsters Kipors by slamming them on the ground a few times…Alan Laneside will vouch for this….it may work on a KIPOR…BUT on a highly tuned, refined silent running Honda generator….this is NOT a practice to be tried it is not a tested repair method.
3/ I must Check all his electric connections and cable sockets as I know he has just done a repair job on one of his cable sockets.
4/ It will need to be padlocked to his chassis so the silent refined Honda generator does not go on a walk about

After I put these few simple recommendations to HIM…..he declined with head bowed he said NO…I will go and play with my Kipor broken for two years ..I will run it even though the petrol will be leaking out into a cup…

As I do not want the wrath of other funsters upon me …I ask this Question WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE!!!!!????.

Now I am Begging, Pleading with all you good Funsters at this time of year of goodwill to fellow men…to help a fellow funster…a retired fellow funster down on his luck….please please could you help…Donate a free 1kw Kipor generator with postage…or a new or even a second hand 1kw Kipor carburettor with postage…please PM for the address.as I am doing it on his behalf as he is a proud man

Or even you Roger who have skills for getting budget equiptment regularly … as I know you had a broken new kipor that had been given to you…would the carb work and could you post it free of charge for this unfortunate funster in need of electricity.

Well speak of the devil the man in Question know as “HE” as just turned up asking could I run my silent highly tuned HONDA… so he can watch football as he does not want to annoy other motor homers

Well after today I will be heading back North into France …..and home………:Doh:

Mel

:ROFLMAO: looks like someones :ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO: not on next years list :ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO: yet :ROFLMAO:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Do Waitrose sell a much more upmarket version of Fray Bentos pies as theirs were about £2-40 each last week.

OK we know the likes of Shifty and JJ will not frequent Harrods or Waitrose but .................................. ?

Peter

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
I remember F B pies from the 60`s when i was a kid and used to pinch them from my mothers shop.
i would take them into my tree house in the local woods and cook them up on a gas camping gaz butane .
In have not tried one for 30 years,now with all the attention here i may buy one and see if brings back memories :thumb:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
I remember F B pies from the 60`s when i was a kid and used to pinch them from my mothers shop.
i would take them into my tree house in the local woods and cook them up on a gas camping gaz butane .
In have not tried one for 30 years,now with all the attention here i may buy one and see if brings back memories :thumb:

they probably had meat in them 30 years ago :roflmto::whistle::whistle:

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years

I bet the only memories it brings back is the shits :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Well "I" Would have told "HE" to sit in his light blue shirt and eat the flamin' thing RAW, Stodge Pastry, inedible mince, and mud slurry gravy, BUT:thumb: to save the Earth by recycling the tin:thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Well thanks a lot for all the sympathetic understanding for a suffering fellow Funster... :Sad:

Not only did I have to forego my traditional Christmas dinner but the over priced Honda caused a DISASTER this afternoon...

Because I used electricity from it to listen to Footy on my laptop... City lost to Sunderland (again!)...

I know why...

The electricity I was using to follow the game came from a RED (RED) generator...

The Boys never stood a chance... :cry: :cry: :cry:

JJ :Cool:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Not sure exactly what the problem is with the Kipor JJ, if it is the carb then a cheap replacement
Link Removed

I do as mel pointed out have a complete IG2600 that has a non working inverter board. (£200 for a replacement), should you drop by some time during your uk trip next year then I could be pursuaded to part with it (anytime during your trip would be fine). I hope you sorted the onan deal for the Hymer. I might be able to arrange collection for you if we can liase.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
A proper wild camper PFFFFF :ROFLMAO: does not need lectric:ROFLMAO:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Despite !!!!!

Despite my ability to cook a reasonable meal, I have a certain affection for a Fray Bentos Pie..:Blush:

Indeed I will be having one tonight (Of the S & K Variety !):thumb:

HOWEVER !!!! accompanying it will be Pommes Boulangere made with stock from the Christmas Bird and Carrots Vichy !! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Happy new year to all !!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back