Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Ia a desperate measure to get the most out of my leisure batteries, I am currently converting all my interior lights to LED.

Expensive, but I figure it'll pay dividends in the future as the power drawn is so much less.

I have put led lights in the front side lights so far and intend to do them all as money permits.

So much brighter, no heat generated, instantaneous operation and very much longer life.

The one's in the instrument console look Fantastic with a red glow.:Cool:

Lampie

Free Member
Nov 2, 2007
Derby
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
Put them in mine for the same reason. However they have not proved to be as good as they claim, they have not lasted very long. For the price not very good. A friend of mine who put me onto them has had the same experiance. When they go you find that a L.e.d. starts flashing and you can't stop it.

By all means try them if you wish but they have not worked for me.

Regards

Lampie

OP
OP
American Dream

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Cool Lighting.

Hi Lampie,

I'd take that up with the supplier.Was this the odd one or all you fitted?

I am able to replace the odd failed led on the circuit boards so it shouldn't be a problem.::bigsmile:

I have used them on other vehicles without failure so far.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Lampie

Free Member
Nov 2, 2007
Derby
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
When they go they all seem to do the same. The type I have are different to the type my mate has in his motorhome but we both have had the same result. The supplier was not interested after six months. I only changed eight as they go I am putting the old ones back in. I will find a link and post it on here they seem a good company very easy to deal with but one of them things.

Lampie

OP
OP
American Dream

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
When they go they all seem to do the same. The type I have are different to the type my mate has in his motorhome but we both have had the same result. The supplier was not interested after six months. I only changed eight as they go I am putting the old ones back in. I will find a link and post it on here they seem a good company very easy to deal with but one of them things.

Lampie

Hi Lampie.

Funnily enough I was in the cinema yesterday and I was interested to see that a couple of the led lights inset into the ceiling were exhibiting the same problem.

Might have to investigate further whether these were a bad batch or. in the case of a cinema, just old age.:thumb:

Some vehicle units integrate a load resistor to fool the cars flasher unit into seeing the correct load and flash at the correct rate.Also bulb fail detect circuitry.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
American Dream

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Absolutely delighted with the LEDs for the interior lighting on the RV.

Bright Clean white light.

Less than 24 hours from order to parts arriving.

Had to reverse the 12v feed to one set of lights as LEDs are polarised, whereas Bulbs will work whatever the polarity.

Should help the batteries last longer.:Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back