New Years Eve (1 Viewer)

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
We have been toying with the idea of going away for New Year for a while, but did nowt about it, until yesterday.

Basically, we couldn't make our minds up where to go, so I said "Sod it, let's go to the Lakes (again)".

We are booked in at the C&CC site at Ravenglass from Sunday to Wednesday, we won't know anyone, we won't care. It'll be nice just to get away on our own and do our own thing, even if that's nowt.

Our son will be in charge of the house :Eeek:, but luckily he starts work at 7am on New Years day, so it should be reasonably safe.

Anyone else made snap decisions to get away for a few days ?

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
We booked Bunree CC site 27th for 8 nights. Satellite is quoted as POOR so I've bought a new Status 560 Aerial to fit when we arrive :ROFLMAO:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Ive decided to go to the New Year funster meet on a spur of the moment thing :thumb::roflmto:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
My wife doesn't "do" last minute.

We are in a cottage on the Pembrokeshire coast over New Year that was booked 28/12/2011 ::bigsmile:

Easter and Summer sites all booked ages ago too.

annadg

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
I'm new to it
We are heading for Bristol after Christmas to see daughter and baby grandson. Had intended to take car but now decided to give Badger a run out and wander home slowly via friends in Sussex and maybe Kent ... Have now got satellite internet dish ... Hurrah ... So can take computers and don't have to rush back for work
How lucky are we ?

Twos company

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 25, 2008
Boroughbridge
Funster No
MH
VW transporter
Exp
25+
well were off to kelso as long as its not flooded for xmas and new year
duffie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WAG2CRU

Free Member
May 31, 2012
Argyll
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654SL Star Edition
Exp
since2012
We booked Bunree CC site 27th for 8 nights. Satellite is quoted as POOR so I've bought a new Status 560 Aerial to fit when we arrive :ROFLMAO:

TV signal form the aerial is very good, spectacular spot if the weather is cold and clear. We have a house party otherwise it would have been our choice for Hogmanay, if the weather is good we will be driving past Bunree on our way to the Nevis Range cable car which is a must do New Years Day. Have a great time.::bigsmile:

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
New years

We have booked a few days at Chester Fairoaks we were lucky to get in its a great site for Chester and the shopping at the Cheshire oaks centre any body else going:Smile:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
We have booked a few days at Chester Fairoaks we were lucky to get in its a great site for Chester and the shopping at the Cheshire oaks centre any body else going:Smile:

Hi Mike, went a few weeks back for my birthday, on the last day we had all that rain the last time we had all that rain,,, if that makes sense:Doh:

Stepped out of my van on to or should I say in to a lake...... I was on hard standing too....Just one of those things.

Have to agree though, great site for shoppers, and not too bad for dog walkers if you turn left when coming out the site.:thumb:

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
We will be at melrose cc site from the 23rd so iff you are in the area come in and say hello,not far from kelso.:Smile:

mophead

Free Member
Feb 28, 2012
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Citroen based Nu Venture
Exp
I'm a newbie
I'd hoped to say I was in Morocco - but eating building rubble & dust instead at home! My son is off to Amsterdam with his girlfriend...:cry: so it's :wine:toasting to myself...

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
TV signal form the aerial is very good, spectacular spot if the weather is cold and clear. We have a house party otherwise it would have been our choice for Hogmanay, if the weather is good we will be driving past Bunree on our way to the Nevis Range cable car which is a must do New Years Day. Have a great time.::bigsmile:

Sounds great, how far is it to Nevis?

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
We have been toying with the idea of going away for New Year for a while, but did nowt about it, until yesterday.

Basically, we couldn't make our minds up where to go, so I said "Sod it, let's go to the Lakes (again)".

We are booked in at the C&CC site at Ravenglass from Sunday to Wednesday, we won't know anyone, we won't care. It'll be nice just to get away on our own and do our own thing, even if that's nowt.

Our son will be in charge of the house :Eeek:, but luckily he starts work at 7am on New Years day, so it should be reasonably safe.

Anyone else made snap decisions to get away for a few days ?

7 am start for son eh! All that means he wont clean up untill he gets back from work:whatthe:

blamehofman

Free Member
Oct 31, 2010
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
2 years
Sounds great, how far is it to Nevis?

From Bunree it is about 10 mile to the Nevis range cable car , which is just North of Fort William .

The cable car goes up Aonach Mor the mountain with all the ski and mountain bike run's on which is across the glen from Ben Nevis , but if it's a clear day the views over to Nevis will be well worth the trip.

Last edited:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Maybe another day I can't imagine public transport or taxis running new years day :roflmto:
After all the native folk will have hangovers ::bigsmile:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
We will be at Oswestry C&CC site - anyone else?

MCC rally at Oswestry rugby club...
Cheaper I bet, free food and entertainment on new year..
No pre-boooking required...
Lovely showers and a hot open fire..::bigsmile:

skyrakes

Free Member
Dec 15, 2012
Nelson
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper
Exp
since 2012
Not sure when we will return

Melrose Moffat Strathclyde Country Park then up to Braemar. Flippers, snorkle and trunks packed.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Space available

we do now have two places available for the New Year Party if anyone is interested.?

Please PM me if you require one.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Arrived ok after a 340 mile drive to Bunree but not so fortunate for offside mirror :roflmto: hit three times on the A82 past Loch Lomond AVOID it like the Black Death and go via Stirling !
Left at 8 a.m. Arrived 15:30
Party in wardens office 22:00 to half past midnight Hogmanay ::bigsmile:
Plenty of room here until 7th of January ,ignore the cc website just ring the warden

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back