Paramotoring at flooded airfield (1 Viewer)

Paramotormanal

Free Member
Aug 29, 2012
Kingston upon Hull
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
O/T if anyone was wondering how saturated the land is at the moment here is a link to a video that I recorded whilst I was flying at Hull Aero Club at Leven near Hull.

Link Removed

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
looks great fun even in the wet

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Looks great fun:thumb:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I was sitting on Aldeburgh sea wall during the summer. A car pulled up, an old chap must have been in his seventies got one of these things out of his boot, strapped it on and was gone without trace. Wonder do you require a licence for such a beast. :thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
flying low can sometimes bite you.

There's "low" and there's dragging your foot on the ground, to hell with the risk, it's awesome.

Can you actually "pull up" with one of those things or is speed the only way to climb ?

And after arriving on that wet grass is there a big drying and cleaning routine to go through ?

OP
OP
Paramotormanal

Paramotormanal

Free Member
Aug 29, 2012
Kingston upon Hull
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Fantastic flying and fantastic video.

But far too much FUN for a normal man, good job you're a FUNster.

Any time you would like to come down and watch for a weekend and join in the training side of it is ground handling the wing it's great fun and keeps you fit lol.

The airfield owners let us camp with our camper vans,tents etc anytime we like so your welcome to visit.::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Paramotormanal

Paramotormanal

Free Member
Aug 29, 2012
Kingston upon Hull
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
There's "low" and there's dragging your foot on the ground, to hell with the risk, it's awesome.

Can you actually "pull up" with one of those things or is speed the only way to climb ?

And after arriving on that wet grass is there a big drying and cleaning routine to go through ?

Didn't see you had posted this the controls are really simple to go up you use your throttle to come down let go of your throttle, right and left is controlled with a brake line and to land you use both brakes to slow the wing and a final flare to stall the wing.

The speed is down to the wing that you fly some wings are reflex and some are not the reflex alters the angle of attack of the wing thus loading the front edge which cuts through the air more efficiently but requires more throttle to maintain level flight.

The wings fly between 20mph to 50mph or if you get caught in some gusty tail winds 60mph.

All the equipment fits in the garage on the chieftain along with my mates cheers Alan.

Ps if you get the wing really wet you just sneak it into the front room all 30m2
And allow to dry this is of course with the wife's permission (not).

OP
OP
Paramotormanal

Paramotormanal

Free Member
Aug 29, 2012
Kingston upon Hull
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I was sitting on Aldeburgh sea wall during the summer. A car pulled up, an old chap must have been in his seventies got one of these things out of his boot, strapped it on and was gone without trace. Wonder do you require a licence for such a beast. :thumb:

It's totally unregulated but it is advisable to get training as the propellors are expensive and tend to be self harming when they look at the floor plus you soon find out your body is not as tough as you thought or as young as it once was lol.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I think you may qualify as a nutter on here:ROFLMAO: who else would be daft enough to strap a lawn mower engine with a prop on their back and fly of with a sheet:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Paramotormanal

Paramotormanal

Free Member
Aug 29, 2012
Kingston upon Hull
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
What deep joy. Though I expect if you drift into controlled airspace you'll not be made welcome.

To be honest we fly from a active airfield so we are pretty clued up regarding the airspace we can use but on a plus side we actually can fly under the radar as they can not pick us up on it lol.

OP
OP
Paramotormanal

Paramotormanal

Free Member
Aug 29, 2012
Kingston upon Hull
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I think you may qualify as a nutter on here:ROFLMAO: who else would be daft enough to strap a lawn mower engine with a prop on their back and fly of with a sheet:ROFLMAO:

The cheek of it lol it's a vittorazi Moster 185cc 25hp beast, it would Make one hell of a powered lawn mower though ::bigsmile:

lavalamp

Free Member
Nov 24, 2012
Central London
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 years
O/T if anyone was wondering how saturated the land is at the moment here is a link to a video that I recorded whilst I was flying at Hull Aero Club at Leven near Hull.

Link Removed

Very enjoyable watching this, I have has several day taster sessions, one with green Dragons and another with a private tutor near Basingstoke. Living in central London, the commute to a suitable site took forever, now that I have the motorhome maybe i can investigate again in 2013. Can you suggest a club close to London? Fly safely, best wishes

OP
OP
Paramotormanal

Paramotormanal

Free Member
Aug 29, 2012
Kingston upon Hull
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Very enjoyable watching this, I have has several day taster sessions, one with green Dragons and another with a private tutor near Basingstoke. Living in central London, the commute to a suitable site took forever, now that I have the motorhome maybe i can investigate again in 2013. Can you suggest a club close to London? Fly safely, best wishes

Hello Adrian I will look into a club near you they are a few lads I know who fly from the Oxford area that I can give you the number of, and if you fancy a weekend in East Yorkshire we will be organising a few flyins at our place this year which you can bring the family too in your campervan cheers Alan.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back