Best/most favoured site in Benidorm (1 Viewer)

redchad

Free Member
Mar 5, 2011
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Been at it 18 month
I've been reading that a lot of funsters stop over in Benidorm for christmas/new year and was wondering what sites are used. The reason I ask is that we set off again in April and plan on staying in Benidorm this time next year for a month.

Those of you that are there did you pre book or is there room to just turn up

Last edited:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi red chad, we are currently at Camping Villasol, Benidorm. We have had a look at other sites in the area but find that Villasol is in an ideal location for us. We find the site facilities to be good, I have to force myself to get out of the showers, plenty of hot water and it just keeps on running. On the downside it is not pet friendly
Brisey.,

PS we did not book in advance, there was plenty of room when we arrived a week ago. There are still quite a few empty pitches.

Last edited:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Just goes to show how things have changed over the years. The first winter I had in Benidorm was 2000 and if you were not down there and parked up by the end of October, beginning of November, they were all full. The few pitches that were available were under trees or got no sun.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
We have not done Christmas in Benidorm, only Easter we stopped on Raco, good clean site and showers etc, very handy for the prom the bus stops outside the Camp and is just up the road from the Palace. Pete :thumb::thumb:

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Hi red chad, we are currently at Camping Villasol, Benidorm. We have had a look at other sites in the area but find that Villasol is in an ideal location for us. We find the site facilities to be good, I have to force myself to get out of the showers, plenty of hot water and it just keeps on running. On the downside it is not pet friendly
Brisey.,

PS we did not book in advance, there was plenty of room when we arrived a week ago. There are still quite a few empty pitches.

Ditto!

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
In all the years we have been, never booked. Turn up at Villasol and say you want to stay 31 plus days to get the better rate.. If you leave sooner they have never queried it..
Good location for the town and good facilities..

Have done ElRaco and thats also good and would be my second choice.

If you get to Benidorm early enough you can park close to most of the sites and go check them out before deciding...

OP
OP
redchad

redchad

Free Member
Mar 5, 2011
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Been at it 18 month
Many thanks so far! Out of interest what sort of price would I be looking at for 31+ nights.

Did stay at camping Armanello last June which I think is next to villasol, a bit surprised its not had a mention on here?

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I stayed on El raco the first year but 2 things put me off, the first being that when walking up from town it was all up hill and allthough you dont notice it when walking into town, that extra half mile or so tells on the legs. The second was, it was a bit to regimented, little hedges round all the pitches :Sad:. After the first winter I stayed on La Torreta, on there carpark next to the palace. Stayed on there for several years until they stopped us parking on there. It was like a small village in those days, everyone knew each other and only the regulars were allowed to park on the carpark as we were all there long term. Any excuse for a street party in those days.

Attachments

• S6000198.jpg
    S6000198.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 100_0175.jpg
    100_0175.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 56
  • 100_0165.jpg
    100_0165.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 55
  • 100_0185.jpg
    100_0185.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 54

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Many thanks so far! Out of interest what sort of price would I be looking at for 31+ nights.

Did stay at camping Armanello last June which I think is next to villasol, a bit surprised its not had a mention on here?

Armanelo is the cheapest camping in Benidorm, long term. It still gets full early on in the winter season. Its never been as popular with the Brits as the others, there main customers are Dutch and Belgian.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000

Link Removed. Electric is charged on meter, We used appox a euro per day with Fridge, kettle use etc...

Armanello are ACSI so do some good fixed price deals, never liked it's location, especially that lane that comes down between Villasol and the market, "gypsy lane" as locals call it...

KeithS

Free Member
Nov 16, 2012
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Since 2009
We are at Camping Arena Blanca. We are paying €13.20 per night which is for stays of 16 - 30 nights. For 31 - 60 nights the rate is €12.10 per night. Over 60 nights the rate is €11.55 per night. There is an indoor heated swimming pool, a shop that is open, take-away food in the evenings, water and drainage on each pitch and nice clean facilities. A bus (No. 10) runs into the centre of Benidorm every 15 mins - the fare is €1.45 per person. We didn't book, just turned up and got in OK. This site appears to be less expensive than some. One big issue for us is internet access which is FREE here and works well! We enquired at Villasol and Villamar both of which have internet at extra cost which, of course, adds to the price of your stay if you want it.

http://www.camping-arenablanca.es/

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back