Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
As we are getting off the tunnel at 9:30 PM on Tuesday next week and thought we would overnight at Cite Europe thus giving us an early start in the morning.
Have looked on Google Earth (GE) and know roughly but as I have never been there can someone give me directions from the train to Cite etc and I will look for it on GE befer I depart
Thanks

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Cite Europe is not the safest of places to stay. There is a lovely free Aires at Wissant which is about 20 mins along the coast towards Bolougne.

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
We have stayed on Cite De Europe several times and had no bother at all.
Just look for the sign for Cite De Europe shopping centre, and large car park just opposite the tunnell:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bernieb65

Free Member
Sep 26, 2012
Preston
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hiya here are the directions that we use they are very straightforward we have stayed on there and had no problem at all.

Directions to Cite Europe: as you leave the train follow the exit road. Take the first exit on the right which is sign posted Cite Europe. Go up to the roundabout and take the 2nd exit onto Boulevard de l'Europe.

At the next roundabout take 2nd exit onto Boulevard du Kent.

Motorhome parking and the Coach parking is the area opposite Bowling Cite Europe and the multi storey.

If you pass the petrol station on way out then you have missed the right hand turning and you will have to join the A16 and go around aain.

We found the carpark very convenient, you can go into Cite Europe and have something to eat or stock up at the Carrefour supermarket.

Hope this helps you. Bernie & Gill

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
stopped at Cite Europe it as always been ok for us .the parking area is lit up police do drive by checking .

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Gunner did mention he's off the train at 9.30pm so the Cite Europe would be a good spot.
We have stayed there, no issues. It's easy enough to find, once you start heading in there are motorhome signs displayed to follow, small but they are there.:winky:

Wissant, not done that as yet but it's on my list for the future..:thumb:

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
We usualy stay overnight at the ferry car park by the ticket office, free and safe
Look it up on google earth for directions

Happy daze

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Hi Gunner29,
We used Cite Europe on our first trip to France in the Motorhome. Well lit, other Motorhomes, next to the Gendarmerie and of course 100 yds from the rear door of the Carrefour Hypermarket.
Here are the co-ordinates of the entrance for the sat-nav, taken from Google earth.

N 50 55.971 E1 48.670

Bon voyage

Last edited:

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Another vote for Cite Europe - stayed there on our last three trips to France without any problem. Very convenient for the tunnel. :thumb:

Have a great trip!
Mike

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
I had a realy bad experance there a few years ago, it was in the cxar park in daylight, they forced the car lock and robed all our suitcase in the boot, so be carefull. Never been back there again and never at all in the m/h, its scrote city around that area so be very very carefull and do the normal surcurtiy stuff, park near other uk reg m/hs if possible.

stay safe

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Good advice from SC05OUT and it applies all the time anywhere. I know at the other Carrefour, the scroats watch you enter the hypermarket and then do your vehicle and run back to be lost in the concrete jungle opposite.
You will see from my avatar I have a furry friend. I walk him about the area first but use another ploy also, leave a cheap plastic dog-bowl outside the vehicle, aire or wherever. Also a chain attached to step or when I was a tugger, on the awning pole.
Nothing is 100% scroat-proof but just a little thought provoking to a would be thief, is it in there or not ??

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I had a realy bad experance there a few years ago..

Bear in mind that since then the economic migrants' camp at Sangatte has been shut down. There was a time a few years ago when they used to lurk around the Cite Europe MH parking area and it didn't feel right, but on all of our most recent trips there I've seen no sight of them. I'd go with what the majority say here.

OP
OP
Gunner29

Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Ta very much

many thanks for your advice Off tomorrow to see family then on tunnel on Tuesday

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back