Inverter Article (1 Viewer)

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I was going to PM this link to a Goth mate of mine but thought some of you may find it interesting.

Link Removed

Just click on the PDF file lower down the page :thumb:

I found it interesting while researching them. I went for the Victron unit as it has a charger built in and can be used in parallel with your generator to provide more power.

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Happy Reading.....Ralph

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I can highly recommend Victron gear. I have had 2 different multipluses over the years and they were fantastic.:thumb:

OP
OP
Ralph-n-Bev
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I can highly recommend Victron gear. I have had 2 different multipluses over the years and they were fantastic.:thumb:

Hi Grommet, I see you are a self build man.

Thats what my next van will be. We are looking to downsize from the current motorhome.
The Victron inverter charger and the latest battery to battery charger are all going onto the van conversion.

The combined charger and inverter make a great buy for a self build :thumb:. Also like how they can be programmed to suit your set up :thumb:

Cheers.....Ralph.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Grommet, I see you are a self build man.

Thats what my next van will be. We are looking to downsize from the current motorhome.
The Victron inverter charger and the latest battery to battery charger are all going onto the van conversion.

The combined charger and inverter make a great buy for a self build :thumb:. Also like how they can be programmed to suit your set up :thumb:

Cheers.....Ralph.

The other great thing about the multiplus was the limiter dial.
You could set how many amps max you could draw off the hookup.
So if for example you are on a hookup that only allows 4Amps you set the dial to 4 amps. If you plug in more than 4 amps worth of gear it takes 4 amps from the hookup and the inverter steps up and provides the rest from battery.

No more tripped trips:thumb:

So many useful features in the multiplus. Great bit of gear.

Good luck with your self build. I am starting to plan my next one.
I am considering a 7.5T truck conversion next..

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
The other great thing about the multiplus was the limiter dial.
You could set how many amps max you could draw off the hookup.
So if for example you are on a hookup that only allows 4Amps you set the dial to 4 amps. If you plug in more than 4 amps worth of gear it takes 4 amps from the hookup and the inverter steps up and provides the rest from battery.

No more tripped trips:thumb:

So many useful features in the multiplus. Great bit of gear.

Good luck with your self build. I am starting to plan my next one.
I am considering a 7.5T truck conversion next..

Heard good things over the years about the Victron equipment, I've alway's used Sterling stuff as that was what the emergency sevices wanted us to use when building vehicles for them and just got used to using it.
As for the 7.5 tonner well obviously I can reccomend that.These prision trucks make a good base vehicle and are also well built and highly insulated.Just be carefull to actually get a 7.5 t rather than a downplated 10t one

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back