Wissant aire (1 Viewer)

Jul 24, 2010
Planet Earth (I think)
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
not long enough
I was there in early September and it was free. There is a grey water drain but no water or anywhere to empty the cassette. Unfortunately it was obvious that LOTS of people had emptied their toilets on to the grey water drain and also onto the garden areas. YUK!

Lorraine x

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
We stayed there 1st December, it is free. There were 8 MHs there and it was spotless. The local buses park there as well, there were 3 of them. Restaurant 2 mins walk away and the town is about 8 mins but some parts there was no pavement, had to walk on grass. The town looked lovely and there is access to the beach but MHs can't go down there.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I was there in early September and it was free. There is a grey water drain but no water or anywhere to empty the cassette. Unfortunately it was obvious that LOTS of people had emptied their toilets on to the grey water drain and also onto the garden areas. YUK!

Lorraine x

according to campingcarinfos it has grey and WC dumping ..

Accès/adresse :
Avenue Georges Clémenceau, D940
62179 WISSANT

Latitude : (Nord) 50.88682° Décimaux ou 50° 53′ 12′′
Longitude : (Est) 1.67027° Décimaux ou 1° 40′ 12′′

Tarif : 2011
Gratuite

Type de borne : Artisanale

Services :
[HI][Vidange eaux usées] [Vidange cassette WC][/HI]

= Wastewater drain. Cassette toilet drain

Accès au village par petit chemin
Poubelles

Jul 24, 2010
Planet Earth (I think)
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
not long enough
wissant

We have stayed here three times in the last two years as a stop over before the Chunnel.
As stated it is very clean and tidy and all tarmac, shrub areas fenced off in between parking areas. There is a dedicated area for coaches to park overnight. Usually two to three local coaches arrive in the evening and leave early next day.
There is a grey water drain and tap, but as Lorraine stated, NO FACILITY for emptying cassettes. Also no EHU, yes we will use it again.

Mike. (Lorraine's other half) ::bigsmile::thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
We have stayed here three times in the last two years as a stop over before the Chunnel.
As stated it is very clean and tidy and all tarmac, shrub areas fenced off in between parking areas. There is a dedicated area for coaches to park overnight. Usually two to three local coaches arrive in the evening and leave early next day.
There is a grey water drain and tap, but as Lorraine stated, NO FACILITY for emptying cassettes. Also no EHU, yes we will use it again.

Mike. (Lorraine's other half) ::bigsmile::thumb:

perhaps you didn't notice, some dump points cater for both grey and black..

This is from the MotorhomeFun French Aires site ..

in the centre of the grey water empty point is a round grid that lifts up for your toilette cassette..
IMG_4447-800.jpg

Jul 24, 2010
Planet Earth (I think)
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
not long enough
What I did notice was piles of pooh over the grey water drain part and on the garden. Also witnessed a guy emptying his cassette onto the garden. YUK!

Lorraine x

Dec 7, 2009
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti
Exp
Since Dec 2009
Wissant aire has grey and black waste but no water so rinsing has to be done with grey water. OK for emergencies but you generally need a strong constitution! :winky: They have just introduced dustbins!

We stay here often as a first or last night stop before the tunnel - its a great free aire near to a lovely seaside resort. A short walk to several restaurants, a good boulangerie and a great beach for the dogs!

We generally go to the nearby aire at Tardinghen (the farm) to fill and dump for 3 euros. :thumb:

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference P716 LPR
Exp
I believe the WC/Cassette waste disposal point is down the hole beneath the grate (at the point of the red arrow)

Usually, but not always, it's French MH owners who pour the affluence down the full length main grill rather than remove the grate cover.

And that's why it's better to park as far away on the Aire as possible from the waste disposal.

Buses depart early from the Aire - I think it's the School run.

Also many early morning, and I mean very early morning, French workers go past the Aire on Motorbikes/Scooters that have tin cans instead of proper exhausts and make a right racket – but at least you're up in time to catch the dawn Eurotunnel train!

A reasonable meal can be had at the Restaurant in the picture – go through the bar area to find a good size restaurant.
We had a very good meal there earlier this year.

PS - there isn't a red arrow painted on the tarmac it's just one I've added to the picture – just to save any confusion!

:france::france::france:

Attachments

• Wissant.Restaurant 2.jpg
    Wissant.Restaurant 2.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 56
  • WISSANT July.jpg
    WISSANT July.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 54
  • Wissant 2.jpg
    Wissant 2.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 58
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
we stayed on the gravlines aire in october, 5 mins in to center big choice of bars and resturants no facilities but all available about a mile away just a service point

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
We looked into the aire a couple of weeks ago when we went over on a wine run without the van. It looked a good stop off. The town itself appeared to be a charming coastal spot but it was completely dead in early December. The vast majority of the properties must be holiday homes and were boarded up. There was a bar open but it was empty .... but for us. The bar man explained that the hotel had no guests and they didn't have any dinner bookings. Roll on the spring.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back