Jun 14, 2009
North East Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Into our 4th year
Hello Folks
I'm going to get a Thatcham Cat 1 alarm fitted to the van. Which are the best ones to buy or avoid? Has anybody fitted one an had nothing but trouble with it?

Thanks in advance
Les

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi try ,

I have it on my van and am pleased with it and the service is excellent , even down to giving you info , instead of the usual " bring it in Sir " ...if you have a problem they will talk you through the system over the phone .:thumb:

Link Removed

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
All alarms that get Thatcham cat 1 are by there very nature OK -Provided you get a fitter that knows there job and about M/Hs any should be ok :winky:
edit Avital on van and Viper on truck
terry

Last edited:
OP
OP
Findlaters

Findlaters

Free Member
Jun 14, 2009
North East Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Into our 4th year
Thanks for the replies. I've never fitted an alarm before so it's good to hear of others experiences with them. Looks like the Cobra could be the way to go:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
If your vehicle already has a manufactures immobiliser then you may only need a Cat 2 to 1 upgrade. The most important part from an insurance perspective is to obtain a installation certificate otherwise your insurance company may not discount.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
i strongly recomend the Strike back system fitted by vanbitz. i have had it on my last 2 vans and have total confidence in it in all respects. also service from Eddie and his team is excellent. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Findlaters

Findlaters

Free Member
Jun 14, 2009
North East Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Into our 4th year
If your vehicle already has a manufactures immobiliser then you may only need a Cat 2 to 1 upgrade. The most important part from an insurance perspective is to obtain a installation certificate otherwise your insurance company may not discount.

I'll need to look into this as mine already has an imobilise (don't suppose there's much point in having 2) I'll check with Safegaurd.

Thanks

OP
OP
Findlaters

Findlaters

Free Member
Jun 14, 2009
North East Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Into our 4th year
i strongly recomend the Strike back system fitted by vanbitz. i have had it on my last 2 vans and have total confidence in it in all respects. also service from Eddie and his team is excellent. :thumb:

Thanks for the recommendation Phill, unfortunately I live north of Aberdeen so this would mean a 600 mile run for me:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back