New computer installed in van finally (1 Viewer)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Got my new built in computer finished today along with all the shelving.
half depth 3U rack mount server case. Linux installed and using KVM virtualisation to run windows 7 at the SAME time.

The new shelving had to be made to fit in the new sound system as unlike my laptop it hasn't got built in speakers :Doh:

I am ordering a copy of OS/X next week and running that in another KVM instance.

Had to play with a few different linux distributions over the last day or two to find which one I want for my desktop. I haven't looked at desktop linux in a while so it was interesting to see how it has developed. I settled on Linux Mint XFCE edition. Made a few mods to the desktop and its running really nice..

Just waiting for the Varnish to dry on the new shelves so I can get them installed. Really really pleased with it so far.:thumb:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
half depth 3U rack mount server case. Linux installed and using KVM virtualisation to run windows 7 at the SAME time.

The new shelving had to be made to fit in the new sound system as unlike my laptop it hasn't got built in speakers :Doh:

I am ordering a copy of OS/X next week and running that in another KVM instance.

Had to play with a few different linux distributions over the last day or two to find which one I want for my desktop. I haven't looked at desktop linux in a while so it was interesting to see how it has developed. I settled on Linux Mint XFCE edition. Made a few mods to the desktop and its running really nice..

Just waiting for the Varnish to dry on the new shelves so I can get them installed. Really really pleased with it so far.:thumb:

you lost me after the "Got my new built in computer finished today along with all the shelving.":Doh: but good luck, i'm sure you will be very happy with your new baby:thumb:

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
A Hackintosh Gromett?.......way ter go :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
A Hackintosh Gromett?.......way ter go :thumb:

Not just a hackintosh but a virtual hackintosh:roflmto: Will be running it using KVM under linux. Just playing with windows 7 under it at the moment. Full screen at 1920 x 1080 on my second desktop. It runs faster virtual on this than it did on my laptop:Doh:

Sounds good mate:thumb:
I think you may want to have a play when I finally get over to wales:thumb:

The comment I was thinking of would get me banned:ROFLMAO:(get off down the pub Gromett)
That's tomorrow, and if you know where I can buy one cheap let me know:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08

Just off to buy a wig and an ear plug

Wig to stop it going over me ead son

Ear plug to stop it going in and out the other

when you put it on yuff tube

Oh my ead hurts matron ead ache pill please !!!!!!!?????

:thumb::thumb::thumb:​

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back