Lost my fuel cap .....Hymer B544 (1 Viewer)

Romatone

Free Member
Dec 7, 2012
Sible Hedingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since July 2012
Hi, can any one help, just filled up ready for my winter travels and drove off with out my fuel cap !!! Went back and nobody had seen it. As its a Fiat Chassis I ordered one on line, it arrived today and guess what .....it don't fit. Obviously Hymer have there own fitting. Interested to know if anyone else has got some cells missing and done the same stupid thing. If so can you suggest where to get a replacement cap have just phoned Hymer agent and not a stocked part. Grateful of help.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Hi, can any one help, just filled up ready for my winter travels and drove off with out my fuel cap !!! Went back and nobody had seen it. As its a Fiat Chassis I ordered one on line, it arrived today and guess what .....it don't fit. Obviously Hymer have there own fitting. Interested to know if anyone else has got some cells missing and done the same stupid thing. If so can you suggest where to get a replacement cap have just phoned Hymer agent and not a stocked part. Grateful of help.

try a big scrap yard ther will be lodes off difrent caps happend to me once with a van i had to try a few till i got one that done is it screw on or just standard twist one ther isent to many variants it may be mercades hymer use a lot off mercades bits give it a try
hope this helps

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
try a big scrap yard ther will be lodes off difrent caps happend to me once with a van i had to try a few till i got one that done is it screw on or just standard twist one ther isent to many variants it may be mercades hymer use a lot off mercades bits give it a try
hope this helps

could try a multi fit one from Halfords
I got one for a Renault there:Smile:

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
on my 534 the fuel cap is the same as the water one ,so what i did when i lost mine was swap them over .diesel being more valuable, (untill the tea leaves start nicking water! ) then sent off for a replacement water one off ebay a tenner (ihink) regards garry

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
I had the same problem with our Frankia. Got home minus the fuel cap, assumed I had left it at the garage. Went back, even walked the route between home and garage, not a thing. Ordered a new one and when it arrived it did'nt fit which started the alarm bells ringing. Checked the filler again and realised that the part of the neck that the cap screws into was also missing. What had happened is that the cap complete with neck ring had broken off necessitating a complete filler assembly. Might be worth double checking yours again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back