Rallying without EHU at New Year (1 Viewer)

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
We are looking forward to the funster meet at the Uttoxeter races over the New Year holiday.

It will be our first winter holiday without EHU so will be relying solely on leisure battery and propane gas.

We've planned to go out for a drive during the holiday to charge the leisure battery so we'll have interior lights. (Don't expect to be spending evenings in the 'van though :winky: )

That just leaves heating - us and water.

We will probably leave the gas fire on very low day and night We have a CO detector fitted but is that safe? How much gas would that use?

The water heater can be used on gas. Would it be more economical to leave it on permanently or fire it up when required?

I've read though threads recommending keeping the fresh water tank full and draining the grey waste to a bucket. Do I need to lag pipes?

I must admit to being a little fearful that we'll survive - the effects of alcoholic poisoning, that is ::bigsmile:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We were away at Rufforth with the C&CC last weekend. It was very cold so we had the water heater on all the time to make sure the dump valve didn't operate and used the space heating for several hours each day (including low overnight). Haven't refilled the Alugas bottles (2 x 11Kg) yet but the level indicators didn't move so they must be more than half full.

(85Ah) Battery use was for the blown air fan whilst space heating was on, water pump, LED lights and recharging a couple of phones. The 80W solar panel replaced most of the power used but not all because of cloud and fog at times. The battery was reading about 12.25v when we left after 3 days.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
We are looking forward to the funster meet at the Uttoxeter races over the New Year holiday.

It will be our first winter holiday without EHU so will be relying solely on leisure battery and propane gas.

We've planned to go out for a drive during the holiday to charge the leisure battery so we'll have interior lights. [HI](Don't expect to be spending evenings in the 'van though :winky: )[/HI]

We will probably leave the gas fire on very low day and night We have a CO detector fitted but is that safe? How much gas would that use?

The water heater can be used on gas. Would it be more economical to leave it on permanently or fire it up when required?

I've read though threads recommending keeping the fresh water tank full and draining the grey waste to a bucket. Do I need to lag pipes?

I must admit to being a little fearful that we'll survive - the effects of alcoholic poisoning, that is ::bigsmile:

You heard them sing last weekend - the vans the safest place to be!:roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's

We've planned to go out for a drive during the holiday to charge the leisure battery so we'll have interior lights. (Don't expect to be spending evenings in the 'van though :winky: )

hi if you have a car take the battery out off it and take it with you as a spare and iff you can just hook it up to your lesure batery with jump leeds and that will give you sum extra 12v used to do that with old van:thumb:

have you had the gas fire tested this year if so it should be ok just have some ventalation.

check battery in co detector

water heter ether way but if you have it on it won't freeze.

wast pipes may freez if water was pooling in them just have a look if ther is a good run off you shuld be ok.

but a bit of laging never gows wrong on the water pipes that are exposed to frost and cold.

if it is blown are heating on low will keep van warm

reader

Free Member
Apr 27, 2011
IO83rk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We managed at the Fun Rally last new year ok although a very friendly neighbour did give us the opportunity to top up off their gene, but think we would have been ok cos we wernt in the van in the evenings so no tv etc to drain the battery. Think if you are sensible should be ok.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Although I can not gaze that far in to the distance. The beast from the East never materialised and I don't think it will be anything as cold as last new year.

Im sure you and others will be fine, there is nothing we can not overcome. :thumb:

OP
OP
Janine

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Forecast is that we are going to have a mini-heatwave over New Year ::bigsmile:

Just been out and bought some old-fashioned hot water bottles just in case the forecasters have got it wrong :ROFLMAO:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Wouldn't catch me sleeping with any man who didn't have a warm back Janine. If he doesn't let you warm your feet on his back or your arse on his front, then he simply hasn't been trained properly - and you only have yourself to blame for that! :winky:

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Wouldn't catch me sleeping with any man who didn't have a warm back Janine. If he doesn't let you warm your feet on his back or your arse on his front, then he simply hasn't been trained properly - and you only have yourself to blame for that! :winky:

well Lynn must have me trained then :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back