Storage tent that will cope with winter weather (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2008
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since Jan 2008
Hi everyone
We full time and use a storage tent for 'stuff' eg summer chairs/tables etc - my hobby bits - golf stuff - all sorts - wont fit in lockers.:Eeek:
We not able to travel big time due to health and family commitments so looking for sturdy tent that will survive winter and winds .:thumb:
We have tried a couple:Doh::Doh: and the recent one is a shower/utility tent (bought in a hurry!) which after yesterday and last night winds now has umbrella tied to top temporarily.:Doh:
We need replacement yesterday LOL.:thumb::thumb:
Anyone out there got any info please.
Cheers Jaen

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
we use a box trailer, so everything is secure and dry year round

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
We have used two cheaper English storage/kitchen tents each of which have lasted little more than a year before the flimsy material has failed or leaked, these both cost less than a £100.

Last year whilst in Spain we bought a Inaca storage tent much better quality, very sturdy and has withstood Gales and torrential rain with the help of additional storm straps.The downside is the price but for the quality they are good value, ours is about 1.8m x 1.8m and cost €300 the larger ones are obviously more. Ours is in use most of the year but has never been tested by a heavy snowfall, I believe they are available in the UK a google search may provide some results.

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Khyam do a sturdy utility tent. Its made of groundsheet type fabric so totally waterproof.

We used to use one as toilet/shower and sometimes kitchen as well when tenting.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Have a look on ebay, Preloved etc.

search for Cabanon .. a well known French manufacturer, ... look for a 'utility' or 'kitchen tent' .. heavy duty cotton canvas, steel poles.. probably the best quality tents money can buy.. expensive but will last a lifetime..

OP
OP
C
Aug 18, 2008
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since Jan 2008
utility tent

Huge thanks for all the replies:thumb::thumb: - am trawling the sites - did find one canvas toilet tent which looked good but waiting for them to give me dimensions:Eeek::ROFLMAO: - not on the description:Eeek: - weird - hey ho.
Again thanks - always answers on this site :thumb::thumb:
Cheers Jaen xx

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
Machine Mart do a sturdy portable storage shed, I'ts designed for all year use apparently. Link Removed

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Hi i have a Spanish cocina, ased it for a week. very heavy quality. I paid 240 euros for it. I would take £80. I am in Derbyshire. Regards BUSBY.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I wonder if something like a backpacker tent would suffice? They tend to have quite a slop on them to reduce the amount of rain/snow etc which will sit on them, and being low to the ground are less susceptible to winds etc.

Link Removed

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
in all fairness and down to personal choice i feel the best winter storage tent for a motorhome is made by our good friend Ifor williams.

it has advantages and disadvantages of course but its all down to how it fits your circumstances lifestyle.

1 major advantage is it dont eat up all your motorhomes payload making you more overweight than you are.

2 it is as secure if not more secure than the motorhome.

3 you dont have to worry about storing it wet like you do with a tent

disadvantages
1 cost...

2 you cannot pull a toad and it at the same time but it does open options for motorbikes etc.

3 you need somewhere to put it but then again you need somewhere to put the tent you are thinking of buying or a toad if you use one.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back