LIFE MEMBER
Oct 12, 2009
southend on sea essex
Funster No
MH
Merc high top
Exp
20 years
Hi everone, Does any one know anything about these vans. I am thinking about getting one. It is a 2.4 TDI Auto with 70K mls and elevating roof, 2001. Cost is £14000. Any comments will be gratefully received. Thanks, Pat
:thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Dunno about that model but VW have always done me proud in cars. I had a diesel Golf I ran for 100K miles and all it needed was tyres, one battery and one exhaust. It looked as good when I got rid as when it was new.

You'll be able to laugh at the FIAT owners with broken gearboxes, failing clutches and flat batteries.

We've got a Polo now !

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
You need a loo, whatever van you buy! BUSBY

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Hi everone, Does any one know anything about these vans. I am thinking about getting one. It is a 2.4 TDI Auto with 70K mls and elevating roof, 2001. Cost is £14000. Any comments will be gratefully received. Thanks, Pat
:thumb:
I presume that will be a T4, nice vans but the condition varies at that age. 70k miles is not particularly high for what is a well made van. Bilbo are sound family run converters that have been around for many years.

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Dunno about that model but VW have always done me proud in cars. I had a diesel Golf I ran for 100K miles and all it needed was tyres, one battery and one exhaust. It looked as good when I got rid as when it was new.

You'll be able to laugh at the FIAT owners with broken gearboxes, failing clutches and flat batteries.

We've got a Polo now !

Pfffttt - don't talk to me of the legendary VW reliability.....:cry:

My 411 Variant had its Eberspacher heater catch fire, and failed fuel pump. Then the engine blew up.
My Beetle Marathon rusted away before my eyes, but otherwise was the best VW I had.
My Type 25 Kamper chewed through a gearbox/transaxle, and eventually was stolen in Rome.
My VR6 Corrado chewed through 3 auto boxes, and various electronics.

I wouldn't now have any VW as a gift......:cry:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Pfffttt - don't talk to me of the legendary VW reliability.....:cry:

My 411 Variant had its Eberspacher heater catch fire, and failed fuel pump. Then the engine blew up.
My Beetle Marathon rusted away before my eyes, but otherwise was the best VW I had.
My Type 25 Kamper chewed through a gearbox/transaxle, and eventually was stolen in Rome.
My VR6 Corrado chewed through 3 auto boxes, and various electronics.

I wouldn't now have any VW as a gift......:cry:
They sound to me like mistreated VWs, bit of a pattern forming with all those gearbox problems.:roflmto: You will be telling me next that Transits dont have clutch problems and Fiats can go up hill in reverse.:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
At least we dont have to have a crap in a drawer under the kitchen Buttons:ROFLMAO:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
At least we dont have to have a crap in a drawer under the kitchen Buttons:ROFLMAO:
Are you telling me that you actually do a number two inside your van. How discusting is that. So how long do you carry your No2s around with you before you leave them somewhere.:Blush:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back