Free Member
Feb 12, 2011
South Northants
Funster No
MH
Fleetwood Pacearrow
Exp
Many years
We bought one new from ebay coming from Hong Kong, for trucks we have an RV you put in height, width axles ect and it only allows roads large enough for you. £54 free postage. Thought we would get an empty box but worth the risk against UK prices. Very surpriced 10 days later when it arrived fantastic, used in Europe this summer never got lost once all roads included very up to date maps, easy to use and in English:ROFLMAO:
Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
looks good but not sure about the speed cam part in France this is illegal

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We bought one new from ebay coming from Hong Kong, for trucks we have an RV you put in height, width axles ect and it only allows roads large enough for you. £54 free postage.

Doesn't it show how people are being ripped off by the big names.

It runs Windows CE, I wonder what else it can do ?

Bowman

Free Member
Feb 12, 2011
South Northants
Funster No
MH
Fleetwood Pacearrow
Exp
Many years
We've had for 5 months now and very happy far better detail than our Garmin, whilst driving best bit is yellow triangle pops up with beep if road ahead narrows or approaching tight corners or anything longer vehicles need to worry about (traffic lights around blind bends). Also does drivers hours so when we stop for a cup of tea after 15 mins as voice pipes up with rest period over!

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
ive had several and althougfh the dearest tom tom is best ive just bought atom tom go with europe on it for under a hundred pounds and it even tells me which lane to be in at major intchanges

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
We bought one new from ebay coming from Hong Kong, for trucks we have an RV you put in height, width axles ect and it only allows roads large enough for you. £54 free postage. Thought we would get an empty box but worth the risk against UK prices. Very surpriced 10 days later when it arrived fantastic, used in Europe this summer never got lost once all roads included very up to date maps, easy to use and in English:ROFLMAO:
Link Removed

sent off for 1 today at those prices you can't go wrong will report back on it after i have been lost a few times :ROFLMAO:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
Link Removed
arrived today and on 1st reflection looks great nice large screen and looks easy to use also has blue tooth and can take ebooks and for less than 60quid took just 5 days to arrive but i will need to mess with it some to find all the functions

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Looks like a good purchase. Trouble is, they don't like over 60 degrees C :ROFLMAO:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
checked it out for a couple small journeys and its ok ereader i had probs with but then found out it don't read ebooks but txt books so found a couple to download checked it and works ok
the blue tooth for the phone is good total display on the screen of number calling also a number pad so u can use the touch screen to make calls no need to use the phone once paired also can play music and it will mute when it needs to tell you to turn or anything to do with the sat nav camera detector and speed limit checker also work ok i even placed a journey i have done before to spain and showed on the map as exact way i went great value for money i even checked a road i know with a low bridge i placed the height in it as more than the bridge and a warning started after i went the wrong way that the sat nav was taking me trying to avoid the bridge

Tibs

Free Member
May 22, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Tstar680
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hey Bill

Thanks for being the guinea pig! Think we'll have to order one of those as i'm sure our current sat nav deliberately takes us down the narrowest lanes known to man ! :thumb:

Steve and Jane

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
lol maybe best wait till i have tested it down to alicante best not to rush to buy but 1st impressions is good

Tibs

Free Member
May 22, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Tstar680
Exp
I'm a newbie
But it will make a good Xmas present for him indoors!!! :Smile:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
lol ok i wont tell him wats under the tree :ROFLMAO:

Tibs

Free Member
May 22, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Tstar680
Exp
I'm a newbie
Well it's better than a nearly present :winky:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Still use my Tom Tom Go 700 that I purchased some ten years or more ago. The maps are a bit out of date and the battery doesn't last long but still works fine. After such loyal service I feel quite guilty that I now tend to use my smart phone with Navfree or Google Navigation most of the time. I wouldn't bother with another sat nav as my phone or tablet now does such a fantastic job.:thumb:

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
lol maybe best wait till i have tested it down to alicante best not to rush to buy but 1st impressions is good

Well Bill you have got all the way to Spain have you got any update for us on the sat nav?

I am looking to change mine and await your report with interest.

John

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
I'm waiting for an update too please. :thumb:

One question that I have is, can you update the maps, and if so, does it cost ?

Thinking of buying a sat nav (don't have a smart phone) and would like to save some money if possible.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
sorry for the delay yes the satnav is great 1 prob is that on its own battery it has a short life but seeing all the things it can do it would be expected i don't know if you can update it but as its like a app it may not need it if i find out it can be or don't need it i will let you know it has got me to spain and portugal without a hitch it has lane info so displays what lane to take and with the screen being so large it is perfect the snooper which is mega bucks is maybe very similar to it so i would recommend it :Cool:

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
We have just up-dated our tom tom go with a Garmin at £119 with full europe mapping and lifetime up-dates. I was anxious as I had used tom toms for years...but the Garmin is brilliant, had no trouble up-dating the maps and have been able to add my own POI's no trouble at all including LPG stations here and abroad, Aires and Camperstops, ACSI sites etc.

I also like it that POI's come down as a readable excel file as opposed to tome toms is it OVI? . No I dont have height and width data, but I have always backed up by looking at a map before trusting any sat nav anyway.

Have a look at Halfords...it's still on the same offer!

Fermenter

Free Member
Sep 6, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2012
We have just up-dated our tom tom go with a Garmin at £119 with full europe mapping and lifetime up-dates. I was anxious as I had used tom toms for years...but the Garmin is brilliant, had no trouble up-dating the maps and have been able to add my own POI's no trouble at all including LPG stations here and abroad, Aires and Camperstops, ACSI sites etc.

I also like it that POI's come down as a readable excel file as opposed to tome toms is it OVI? . No I dont have height and width data, but I have always backed up by looking at a map before trusting any sat nav anyway.

Have a look at Halfords...it's still on the same offer!

Hi David

What is the model you have purchased?

Thanks

Reg

monty the motorhome

Free Member
Jan 27, 2013
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
august 2012
I run Sygic 12 - £39 on an android device - currently on my 4" phone with free updates on maps, covers eu. Brilliant. Also have a 5" satnav with windows mobile 6 running igo primo which is virtually the same as sygic. But maps have to be downloaded from various torrents to keep up to date. Now looking at getting a 7" Nexus to install sygic on.

Another good satnav program is copilot live.

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Hi David

What is the model you have purchased?

Thanks

Reg

Sorry Reg for not getting back quicker, this is the one, still on offer; Link Removed

I'm well pleased with it, especially for the price, Dave

PS - our Hymer has a big deep dash/shelf and I got this mount from Argos which is also brilliant! .

Last edited:

Fermenter

Free Member
Sep 6, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2012
Sorry Reg for not getting back quicker, this is the one, still on offer; Link Removed

I'm well pleased with it, especially for the price, Dave

PS - our Hymer has a big deep dash/shelf and I got this mount from Argos which is also brilliant! .

Thanks very much for the helpful info. Much appreciated.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back