Aug 24, 2007
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
The following is an extract from' Piston Heads.com'

"LPG DISCOUNT TO END
Motorists who wanted to be environmentally friendly and avoid the congestion charge will lose their prized discount.
Congestion... Emissions... What is it all about?It's believed that thousands of motorists shelled out hundreds of pounds - some paid thousands - to convert their vehicles to run on liquefied petroleum gas, many with the intention of not paying the congestion charge, but their discount will be phased out by 2010.
That's the plan of Transport for London (TfL) who say the move would only affect a 'very small number of car owners'.
The announcement is part of plans to charge £25 for the highest polluting cars entering central London zone.
One reason for the change by TfL is that vehicles converted to use LPG can still use petrol, which is associated with CO2 emissions."

Is this the beginning to the end of LPG discount for all????:Sad:
Chris

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Gordon will start taxing it as well soon. It will probably be the same price as diesel in a few years.:RollEyes:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Blame me just had 2 of my vehicles converted:Doh::cry:

Be the end on my RVing days:cry::cry::cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
From BBC

LPG cars lose C-charge discount

The discount will be phased out by 2010
Motorists who converted their cars to use environmentally friendlier fuels to avoid paying the congestion charge could lose their exemption.

Transport for London (TfL) has announced plans to phase-out the Alternative Fuel Discount (AFD).

But the move would only affect a "very small number of car owners," a TfL spokesman said.

Vehicles running on fuels such as liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) will be affected by the proposed change.

TfL plans to stop offering the 100% discount completely by 2010 and will not offer the AFD to new registrations.

Highest polluting cars

The announcement is part of plans to charge £25 for the highest polluting cars entering central London zone.

Michael Jameson, from Victoria, central London, paid £2,000 to convert his Hyundai Trajet 2.0 petrol car to run on LPG in September 2003.

He has discovered that he may now be forced to pay to travel in the congestion zone.

"It looks like I will have to pay the £25 per day charge because if my car ran on petrol it would be above their threshold, slightly," he said.

Totally unjust

"But, as it runs on LPG at a considerably lower CO2 level it should be still exempt.

"It's totally unjust. How does this encourage people to be green?"

A TfL spokesman said: "A very small number of car owners will go from qualifying for a 100% AFD to falling into the £25 a day CO2 charge bracket.

"That is why the AFD will not be phased out for almost two years, giving owners time to change their vehicle."

He added vehicles converted to use LPG can still use petrol, which is associated with CO2 emissions.

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
will have to stay abroad then,:Smile: don't know why i am smiling its just one tax after another

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
This bloody government and their taxes.
We should all protest about fuel taxes.
Block the motorways and docks and ferry terminals. Bring the whole thing to a standstill until somethings done.

:swear::swear::swear:

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
HI:swear: AGREE fed up with these clowns in power mr livingstone:Doh:

RAY:Doh:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Gordon will start taxing it as well soon. It will probably be the same price as diesel in a few years.:RollEyes:

Hi Jim its already taxed, 16.49 per litre, (petrol is 53.65) and its going up, a government thinktank (is that an oxymoron?) has said its hardly any less polluting than petrol.

Olley

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
Block the motorways and docks and ferry terminals. Bring the whole thing to a standstill until somethings done.

TOTALLY AGREE ROR, WE SHOULD DO WHAT THE FRENCH DO, BUT PEOPLE JUST WON'T THEY JUST MOAN BUT DO NOTHING:Angry::Angry:

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi see the LEZ IS GREAT FOR MOTORHOMES THEN:Doh::Doh:

I AM VOTING FOR BORIS:thumb:

ray

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
What the F....... is going on?

It is a well known fact that engines running LPG are cleaner than other petroleum based fuels.

This is a typical Knee-jerk reaction to the rising cost of fuel and those lovely people that "we" put in Parliament see the chance to make more money and screw us lowly "serfs" for all they can.

What happens if everyone votes without putting a cross in the box?

Chuck 'em out. The whole lot of them.

I've heard that there have been no protests from Road Hauliers because they have been threatened with having their licences revoked.

Enough said.

I'm gonna stew in peace as us Brits are so good at doing.!!!!!............................................................................................NOT.

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
I'm beginning to wonder if it's already been discontinued. There aren't many places I can get into to fill my habitation tanks. Drove to the first, 52.9p per litre so I didn't stop. The second one was 56.9p!!!! Didn't bother with diesel either, 111.9p per litre.

Regards
Doug

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
49.9p at morrisons.

39p + VAT @ Countrywide Farmers here in Wales.

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
The following is an extract from' Piston Heads.com'

"LPG DISCOUNT TO END
Motorists who wanted to be environmentally friendly and avoid the congestion charge will lose their prized discount.
Congestion... Emissions... What is it all about?It's believed that thousands of motorists shelled out hundreds of pounds - some paid thousands - to convert their vehicles to run on liquefied petroleum gas, many with the intention of not paying the congestion charge, but their discount will be phased out by 2010.
That's the plan of Transport for London (TfL) who say the move would only affect a 'very small number of car owners'.
One reason for the change by TfL is that vehicles converted to use LPG can still use petrol, which is associated with CO2 emissions."

Is this the beginning to the end of LPG discount for all????:Sad:
Chris

That argument does not stand if the vehicle has been converted to run fully on LPG like a Dayvan I saw recently that had been converted in the USA.:Doh:

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007

Mate,I`m totaly with you on this,but I`m affraid we are the minority.This country needs blockades and riots,whatever it takes to wake these A****oles up.They are screwing us for every penny we earn and are making people angry by doing so,I am one of them,I can feel the pressure and stress of it all,and would jump at the chance to gridlock the system.Now who`s going to organise it?:Eeek:

rant over but I dont feel better for it.:Smile:

steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back