Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
She cooks all week for me and the kids :Eeek:
I perform weekends on complicated internet gourmet recipes :thumb:----:ROFLMAO:---:Eeek:

Who cooks where you live ? ---Him or Her ?

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Tesco's::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Every little helps:roflmto:

I sometimes have a go, making good hearty stews when it is cold.

Alan takes his turn also.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
As our time away is precious and illness something not welcome, woman does the cooking !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I do the cooking & most of the eating....Carole does the washing up! She meets a better class of chap that way!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Likewise, except I do all of the cooking, Jan does the washing and skivvy work .. have done since I met my first wife who couldn't boil an egg ..:Doh: It was learn or starve..

I only cook fresh. Frozen, tinned, ready meals are an anathema to me ... I also enjoy trying out new recipes. Cooking brings out the creative side.. I don't see it as a chore. The joy of cooking a fresh meal and presenting it on the table is one of life's pleasures..

At one time had plans to open a restaurant in Scotland .. but as Burns put .. the best laid plans of mice and men ..

But little Mouse, you are not alone,
In proving foresight may be vain:
The best laid schemes of mice and men
Go often awry,
And leave us nothing but grief and pain,
For promised joy!

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Wife does the plain stuff and I do the stir fries, curries and anything requiring reading a recipe.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
I only cook fresh. Frozen, tinned, ready meals are an anathema to me ... I also enjoy trying out new recipes. Cooking brings out the creative side.. I don't see it as a chore. The joy of cooking a fresh meal and presenting it on the table is one of life's pleasures..

:thumb::thumb:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Tesco's::bigsmile:::bigsmile:
Every little helps:roflmto:
I sometimes have a go, making good hearty stews when it is cold.
Alan takes his turn also.

Every Little Helps Tesco's Profits (That's what the Ad Means).:ROFLMAO:

The New Religion must be followed at all costs
Every shop only worships the Prophet Margin.

Sheila does the good stuff.
I do the beans on burnt toast.:Angry:

peter H

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years
I do and the fact i'm 5ft 9 tall and 16 plus stone in weight probably indicates I'm quite good at it.

Peter

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Me ::bigsmile: and the Chinese - Ann decides what and I cook it ::bigsmile: in fact I did the slow cooker full of a ham broth last night which when cool around dinner time I will carton up and freeze it :thumb: so then it will be a case of defrosting and warm up for about 10 tubs full over the next few weeks. 1 tub will feed 2 of us with some nicebread :Smile:
Total cost about a fiver £2 ham hock £ 0.75 dried broth mix £2 fresh veg :winky: cooking time around 15 / 18 hours ::bigsmile:
Terry

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
A joint venture,that way not one of us get tired of it and use some great OLD recipes ,here and from the UK , great stuff:thumb:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
The Pride of India Sidcup:thumb:

If we cook I tend to cook in the week whilst my wife does homework duties and then we swap over at weekends.

My daughter hates doing homework with me though as I do tend to expect a lot:Blush:

annadg

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
I'm new to it
Me ... I LOVE cooking, but like others (or was it only one other) on this thread, only using fresh ingredients ... with an occasional tin of baked beans and sausages which I have loved since I was very small !

Only go to supermarkets for wine when we are "on the road" ... everything else comes from farm shops etc and I have a drawer in Badger full of spices and flavourings that I can use to invent dishes

Happiness is messing about in a kitchen as far as I am concerned !
anna x

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We share it here when I'm on shift Lorraine's does it and when I'm off I tend to do most of it.

Like treacle I used to have homework duties and Sophie hated me doing it, now she is 15 her homework is far to hard for me I'm sure we didn't do maths like that or have to spell big words when I went to school:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Shirley does all the cooking, though I can do it and did when the kids were at home as my ex wife wasn't much of a cook.
Shirley will only let me cook if she is totally unable to do so for any reason.
We do the washing up together in the van, at home we have a dishwasher.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Ahh.. yessss.. when we are away long term I do tend to do the washing up most nights.. But if I am busy doing more mechanical related stuff then Mo does it ( sadly mechanical related stuff does NOT include playing games ! LOL !! )

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Tis me I do the cooking at home and in the van, though I have to say I really do enjoy cooking especially in the van.

We did have a laugh last year when we were away, I went off with Joy somewhere and got a phone call Ed had boiled 4 eggs and none had turned out right.

In all fairness though he does the washing up.

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
either of us, never discuss it, just one of us does it. Seems to work out ok.
I must say that I'm a lot better cook than my dad many many years ago when I was a Kid mum went into hospital and dad cooked:Doh:he says he learned in the navy...........everything cooked in frying pan together including tinned spaghetti:Eeek:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Both of us. Probably me more than Pete. But then I currently still send him out to work and I'm retired so .... We also share the washing up and although at home unless it was eg a roast dinner with a lot of dirty pots, that means one person does it all; in the M/H because it's a small draining board we physically do it together, one washes, t'other wipes, both put away after.

It was v weird shacking up with a bloke that cooks and irons and cleans as I never had the slightest bit of help with it with Mk 1.

We had a caravan on a site, and once a year I had the gang (three extra couples) over for dinner Sat, stay the night, brekkie and late lunch Sunday, byee.. Mid December ish. I did all the dinner, the four men washed up.

Used to take the girls out for retail therapy after Sunday brekkie and deliberately kept them out the house in the certain knowledge that one husband was a bloody good cook and would look to see what was for lunch. he never failed me!

They had to teach Mk 1 where everything was kept in our kitchen! And taught him how to deal with those pesky awful things people have with Sunday roasts. You know, them exotic veggies - foreign green leafy things from Belgium and that! You couldn't invent it, could you?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back