LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years
Here are tonights Quiz questions, answers are further down.
How would you have done?

Q1 - Current Affairs - Who was named this week as the next Governor of the Bank of England ?
Q2 - Current Affairs - Rebel Tory MP Nadine Dorries returned to the UK this week and attended a meeting with the Chief Whip. But who is the Chief Whip ?
Q3 - Current Affairs - Who has been named as the designer of the next Brit Awards Statuette ?
Q4 - Current Affairs - Sport - Ricky Ponting has announced his retirement from international cricket. How many Test Match runs did he score in his career ?
Q5 - Current Affairs - A small earth quake hit Cumbria on Wednesday Evening (about 9:30pm), what magnitude was the quake ?
Q6 - Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends?
Q7 - What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?
Q8 - Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?
Q9 - Only three words in standard English begin with the letters ' dw' and they are all common words. Name two of them.
Q10 - Name the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form except fresh.
Q11 - Of which country is Santa Anna the second largest city ?
Q12 - In the world of Pop Music, how is William Perks better known ?
Q13 - Robert Fitzroy was the Captain of which research ship ?
Q14 - Besides being occupations, what connects the words Carpenter, Plasterer & Digger ?
Q15 - Which is the only miracle performed by Jesus that is chronicled in all four gospels of the Bible ?
Q16 - Who is the archenemy of the Tracy family in Thunderbirds ?
Q17 - In which decade was the first criminal executed using the electric chair ?
Q18 - What is the more common name for Myeloid Tissue?
Q19 - What film role connects Robert DeNiro, Rod Steiger and Edward G Robinson ?
Q20 - By what one word name is the sporting superstar Luiz de Nazario di Lima better known ?

Answers:

A1 - Mark Carney
A2 - Sir George Young
A3 - Damien Hirst
A4 - 13,366 runs
A5 - 2.1 With the epicentre some 3.1 miles underneath Patterdale.
A6 - Boxing
A7 - Niagara Falls .. The rim is worn down about two and a half feet each year because of the millions of gallons of water that rush over it every minute.
A8 - Asparagus and rhubarb
A9 - Dwarf, dwell and dwindle
A10 - Lettuce
A11 - El Salvadore
A12 - Bill Wyman
A13 - HMS Beagle - Darwin's research ship
A14 - All species of Bees
A15 - The feeding of the 5000
A16 - The Hood
A17 - 1890's
A18 - Bone Marrow
A19 - Al Capone
A20 - Ronaldo

Peter

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Sorry Peter ...John was late finishing work... it looked like a good quiz but relieved that we were late still eating, did try to finish our meal in time but alas not to be (whew thankfully) well done who won !
Brilliant questions !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I usually am miffed that I have to miss the quiz, but hell, I had NO clue on any of them apart from Dwell and dwindle

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Goddamit you some smartarse JJ for an American boy who left school early and supports MC. ::bigsmile:

You be careful young Mr Drawing Board Man with your finely tuned skills both artistically and engineering wise... My Christmas Card list is about to be compiled.

I will have you know I am NOT an "American Boy", merely a holder of an American passport (together with my UK one)... :RollEyes:

I did not choose to leave school early, they suggested it would be a good idea... :ROFLMAO:

and you should refer to Man City, not as "MC" but as the "Wonderful and Mighty Men from The Cathedral of the Enlightened Ones" aka "The Crusher of Spurs, Bale or no Bale..." :thumb:

OK?

JJ :Cool:

Last edited:

thearchitect

Free Member
Sep 20, 2012
North London
Funster No
MH
Getting closer.
Exp
Short stint 1972-6 none since
You be careful young Mr Drawing Board Man with your finely tuned skills both artistically and engineering wise... My Christmas Card list is about to be compiled.

I will have you know I am NOT an "American Boy", merely a holder of an American passport (together with my UK one)... :RollEyes:

I did not choose to leave school early, they suggested it would be a good idea... :ROFLMAO:

and you should refer to Man City, not as "MC" but as the "Wonderful and Mighty Men from The Cathedral of the Enlightened Ones" aka "The Crusher of Spurs, Bale or no Bale..." :thumb:

OK?

JJ :Cool:

Hey JJ, hit a nerve did I? I love the young bit though, I think we are not so distant, either in age or content.

I gave up the drawing board for the computer a long time ago, reluctantly I might add. My finely tuned skills are probably 3D form rather than business, which you might appreciate.

Crusher of Spurs I accept, Bale or no Bale. You'd like him though, N'est pas?

Mr. Yankee Doodle Dandy, did you sit the SATS or not, my son did! He got into UCSB, had a great time there.

Anyway, I have now completely lost the thread of this post and think I should congratulate Manchester City for something, what I'm not sure?

Do I give a .... about your Christmas card list, do I fu... ( I do, I do, said the actress to the bishop, ho ho ....) ::bigsmile: ::bigsmile:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Well done JJ.

They were hard.

I only knew the Thunderbirds one:Doh:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hey JJ, hit a nerve did I? I love the young bit though, I think we are not so distant, either in age or content.

I gave up the drawing board for the computer a long time ago, reluctantly I might add. My finely tuned skills are probably 3D form rather than business, which you might appreciate.

Crusher of Spurs I accept, Bale or no Bale. You'd like him though, N'est pas?

Mr. Yankee Doodle Dandy, did you sit the SATS or not, my son did! He got into UCSB, had a great time there.

Anyway, I have now completely lost the thread of this post and think I should congratulate Manchester City for something, what I'm not sure?

Do I give a .... about your Christmas card list, do I fu... ( I do, I do, said the actress to the bishop, ho ho ....) ::bigsmile: ::bigsmile:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: :whistle::whistle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back