Nov 23, 2010
Buckden Marina
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 year
oops just discovered my MOT ran out in October. :Doh:
I took it to one garage last year only to discover they took it to another because they could not handle it!:Sad:
any recommendations for the Milton Keynes area? I have rang around and they are all asking what length, height, length between wheel base, etc. which implies they do not MOT motorhomes very often.

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
I took it to one garage last year only to discover they took it to another because they could not handle it!:Sad:
any recommendations for the Milton Keynes area? I have rang around and they are all asking what length, height, length between wheel base, etc. which implies they do not MOT motorhomes very often.

I use our local council depot. They test all the councils vans, trucks and buses so size is not an issue. Very professional and they have no vested interest in "finding" things to repair unnecessarily..:thumb:

Nearest to you may be Bedford or Luton.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/cheap-mot#hidden

Mar 2, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
c.. autocruise starblazer
Exp
8 years

Think maybe what the questions are all about is so they know if their vehicle lifts can take the vehicle. Along with workshop roof height being adequate.

Had the same problem a few months ago finding a centre who could take the van , I also required one who could do a Saturday test. I used the following company .http://www.edsgarage.co.uk/contact.htm

Not too far from Milton Keynes , 20 miles or so (?) to their Aylesbury branch, Professional attitude , MH taken at pre arranged time with no delays etc . Their Aylesbury branch can possibly take yourvehicle .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

electricscott

Free Member
Nov 23, 2010
Buckden Marina
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 year
I use our local council depot. They test all the councils vans, trucks and buses so size is not an issue. Very professional and they have no vested interest in "finding" things to repair unnecessarily..:thumb:

Nearest to you may be Bedford or Luton.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/cheap-mot#hidden

may thanks, I have always used council run MOT stations when I lived in Leicester and did not realise Bedford had one (16 miles away) I will be booking it in tomorrow.:thumb:

toffee

Free Member
Nov 29, 2012
north bucks
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
between vans
Try Farmers in Bletchley.

6 Wellington Place, Bletchley, Milton Keynes 01908 374 812

I used to get my motor home mot`d and serviced there.

Toffee

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back