Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
M/Home is packed,filled with water etc.House fridge is now being emptied and everything going into M/Home.
House central heating on timer to come on twice a day for 2 hrs.
In about an hour we will roll off drive headed for a Brit Stop near Winchester and then on to Portsmouth Wed morn for ferry to Santander ::bigsmile:
Back in UK late March,when, hopefully , weather will be a little more clement.

Looking fwd to meeting up with Funsters and old friends at Benicassim,Benidorm,Marjal,Zahora and any other places we may end up in.

Right,time to log out here,unhook M/Home and hook Volvo up to Ctek charger.
Bye for now,:thumb:

Mike.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Have a good one Mike & Carolyn.:thumb: I hope the bay of Biscay is kind to you.:thumb:

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
How exciting!

Have a great trip and let us know how you are getting on :Cool:

Carol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Well, I am to say the least a little envious, not just of your fabulous itinerary but also all the funsters you'll meet.

Brisey and Pam to start with, plus I still haven't met lady penelope or Rex and there will be a shed-load on your travels.......

Have a safe journey you two.....Griff
:thumb:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Well, I am to say the least a little envious, not just of your fabulous itinerary but also all the funsters you'll meet.

Brisey and Pam to start with, plus I still haven't met [HI]lady penelope[/HI] or Rex and there will be a shed-load on your travels.......

Have a safe journey you two.....Griff
:thumb:

Very scary:roflmto::roflmto:

Well she scares me to death:Eeek:

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
have fun in the sun

which we could be there too.

pat and Neil

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Safe trip Mike and Carolyn, we will not be far behind you, will meet up somewhere over winter. :thumb:
I will teach you all about Spanish wine Mike,:winky: It cheaper than the German. :ROFLMAO:
Bob and Jane.

CarolynandMike

Free Member
Nov 21, 2009
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Liberty
Exp
since 2009
And we've arrived!

M/Home is packed,filled with water etc.House fridge is now being emptied and everything going into M/Home.
House central heating on timer to come on twice a day for 2 hrs.
In about an hour we will roll off drive headed for a Brit Stop near Winchester and then on to Portsmouth Wed morn for ferry to Santander ::bigsmile:
Back in UK late March,when, hopefully , weather will be a little more clement.

Looking fwd to meeting up with Funsters and old friends at Benicassim,Benidorm,Marjal,Zahora and any other places we may end up in.

Right,time to log out here,unhook M/Home and hook Volvo up to Ctek charger.
Bye for now,:thumb:

Mike.

We are now at Benicassim. Fortunately the Bay of Biscay was fantastically smooth and the whole journey was great.

We spent Tuesday night at a Britstop which we thoroughly recommend - the Chestnut Horse at Easton near Winchester. Karen is a great host, the food is tremendous and we felt very safe and secure. The village is amazing too - like something out of the Archers! The crossing was so smooth it was unbelievable. I saw Great Skuas, kittiwakes and gannets flying over the water, and we arrived in Santander in sunshine. The journey to our first stop, at Villafranca, was fine and we enjoyed seeing leafy trees and everything very green (they had a lot of rain before we arrived) on the journey.

The second night we spent at an Aire in Segorbe. We were so impressed with the journey after Zaragoza because in the last eight months the Spanish have wrought miracles in terms of building a new road and landscaping. The Aire at Segorbe is free. At first sight, we were a little concerned due to the grafitti and a couple of obviously homeless guys wandering around but it turned out absolutely fine, quiet and peaceful, and we would go back again and take the time to explore the town.

We arrived at Benicassim this morning, and are quite impressed. We are going to explore the area tomorrow. It was lovely meeting up with Tony and Perri and we look forward to spending a little more time with them before we head off south.

::bigsmile:

OP
OP
MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Safe trip Mike and Carolyn, we will not be far behind you, will meet up somewhere over winter. :thumb:
I will teach you all about Spanish wine Mike,:winky: It cheaper than the German. :ROFLMAO:
Bob and Jane.

Looking fwd to seeing you two again,but,in the meantime,re-arrange these words into a well known saying:
Eggs,grandmother,suck.teach ::bigsmile:
Just had a lovely bottle of Rueda @ €2.44

Mike

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back