Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Hi, all has anyone got a Hymer S520, like ours? year 2000 on Merc Sprinter Auto?, would be nice to hear from you.
Cheers, Dave:thumb:

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Hi, yes we did , have you had dealings with them?

Not had dealings with them, but saw that Hymer there, and was very taken with it. Didn't have the funds at the time, and now I do, I can't find a S520 anywhere.....:Doh:

How did you find dealing with them?

Dave 2 :Smile:

OP
OP
davejen

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Not had dealings with them, but saw that Hymer there, and was very taken with it. Didn't have the funds at the time, and now I do, I can't find a S520 anywhere.....:Doh:

How did you find dealing with them?

Dave 2 :Smile:

Hi, Dave we were quite impressed with them or rather Carl who owns the business, very laid back and not at all pushy. We were very pleasantly surprised with the Hymer, it's in very good condition, having been imported in 2006 (it's LHD) and only 1 owner since. It came with British S/History and has recently had about Ā£ 2K of work done. Inside it is very clean and everything works as it should.
As far as finding another on I'm not sure if this model was sold here as it's very small for an A class - only 18'5 ft long.
Good luck finding one, looks like we beat you to it!

Where abouts are you, we are in Westhougton, Bolton.
Cheers, Dave:thumb::thumb:

Myfanwy

Free Member
Jan 2, 2009
Cheddar Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
nine years
Hymer

Hi, only just come across your thread!

We have a S510 Merc, Auto (1998) and have had it 7 years now.

We love it to bits and would never part with it. We have been up and down to Spain, Portugal and France in it every winter and toured Scotland and Wales.

We have made internal alterations since acquiring it. Taken out the 3rd seat by the table and kept the base and made a box with a lid (all covered with the same material) to keep our heavy foodstuffs in. We have added an extra four 13amp sockets, fitted LED lighting (for off camping) and an external socket for TV and a 12volts and mains all in one unit. We also added an extra mains socket on the awning side.

It is not a big van but for the two of us we find it very adequate and live in it all the time. Plenty of space with the drop down bed. We added a Fiamma Zip awning which is put through a caravan awning runner. This is fitted below the ordinary Omnistor pull out awning to give us some extra space when we are parked in Spain for 3/4 months.

Our bike rack is a fitment on the boot lid alll hidden away when not in use.

You may see us on your travels, my avatar is on the sides of the van!:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
davejen

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Hi, thanks for your reply, your van sounds quite similar to ours, we have taken out the big sliding table and put a socket in the floor for a smaller pedestal one, which opens the living area quite a lot. The table-top fits behind the passenger seat while travelling. We have just had all the seats re-upholstered- (dull dark blue original), now a bright-looking creamy/gold Extra 13 amp sockets already fitted, put a small microwave in the tv cupboard. It also had a set of removable carpets (very recent by the look of them).
As you, it's just me and the wife and a little shih-tzu dog. We have had quite a few vans in the past, but we like this one very much and can't see us changing it any time soon. We haven't been abroad yet (in any van) but hope to do so in the future. We have spent the last few Christmasses in Cornwall or the Cotswolds, and like Scotlands West Coast. This year we are hoping to go up the West and then back down the East coast. Maybe we wioll see you on our travels, be nice to meet a fellow Hymer enthusiast.

May 26, 2023
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Hi, all has anyone got a Hymer S520, like ours? year 2000 on Merc Sprinter Auto?, would be nice to hear from you.
1998 S520 in New Zealand. Fantastic camper allowing us to explore in comfort.

Jan 28, 2017
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Exp
Picked our S520 in Germany and toured UK and then shipped to New Zealand. rebuilt the c3400 Truma and and added a Victron inverter. It sits ouside right by the Pacific Ocean and has survived here for 4 years or so. Nice size for a couple and turns on a dime .Om602 lasts forever and a real Automatic. Tis LHD but we like it that way. driver gets out on footpath.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back