rikfos

Free Member
Feb 13, 2011
hereford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Just booked direct with camping Koningshof in the Netherlands for 5 days in April-£85.
Caravan club wanted £131.

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
I hope you told them.

I did once, got a "looking into it" back. That's all.

That Brian, Is the CC's polite way of telling you to p*** off:winky: That said, I have used the CC membership for the second time in 5 years this month!

Mainly due to their pricing policy which means a hotel room is cheaper by the time you put all the extras on, and I never use a site that charges for dogs!

Upvote 0

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Just booked direct with camping Koningshof in the Netherlands for 5 days in April-£85.

We have been to Koningshof, nice site but we found some of the pitches are small, we couldn't get on our allocated pitch and after explaining our problem we were upgraded free to a service pitch!! so was worth complaining. Very easy cycling to various places, also the local public transport system very convenient.

Upvote 0
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
It appears the CC are in a lot of bad books nearly every month on the forums. I have posted my disgust at the robbing tactics they enjoy just running there sites. They have some uses but I can only think of some good CL's but Practical Motorhome are building a very attractive band of pub sites and hopefully they will increase as time goes on. Last month I tried them for a return ferry next April. They quoted £415 and the C&CC came in at £245, no contest.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
rikfos

rikfos

Free Member
Feb 13, 2011
hereford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
to be fair, booking a ferry from Harwich to the Hook of Holland for a motorhome was only £62

Upvote 0

oldtimer

Free Member
Nov 23, 2012
Redhill
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Fiat Ducato
Exp
Since 2010
I also find CC sites very expensive and not much cheaper than hotels but apart from C & CC are there many alternatives to using campsites?
I was expecting to be able to stopover in lay byes etc if touring around UK. Do many users do this? and what about during the winter months when a lot of sites are closed.:Smile:

Upvote 0

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
i joined the cc due to the fact the campsite i wanted was cc members only but since then i have got my membership back on some camps with the discount also got a good deal with the tunnel from them but i will not renew it

Upvote 0

kaybee

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2012
I have stayed at Crystal Palace and Abbey Wood CC sites several times throughout the year. For 2 of us for 4 nights it cost £74. Where else can you stay in London for that sort of money. Excellent value. I had the cost of my membership back after my first visit :Smile:

Upvote 0
Oct 5, 2009
anglesey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
since 1999

Caravan Club magazine arrived yesterday included report and pictures of the AGM looked like the AGM of a major industrial conglomerate.
President, Vise President, Charman, Vise Charman, commitee etc etc.
It's not a club anymore it's a major profit making business.

Upvote 0

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007

Rikfos, Hit them where it may hurt and go and post this onto the Caravan Club's forum Club Together Broken Link Removed That will have more effect than mentioning it on here, then again if you hadn't I couldn't tell you about their forum :thumb:

Upvote 0

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years

I got a quote from c&cc for health cover only for 4 month in Spain, £1,015 joint policy, c&cc £265 health & motor joint policy. Same health probs used C&cc twice now and will be booking again next week. Pete

Upvote 0

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Cost savings from a night at Bunree and a cut in the cost of using the m6 toll got half my membership fee back in a week.

Upvote 0

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
I tend only to use CLs, cos if I am workin away I take the camper cos it`s cheaper than digs, the thing is tho nobody ever asks for your membership card!!!!

Upvote 0

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
been a member of cc now for 30yrs not to happy with the way things are going no discounts or mid week savings in scotland.i tend to use c&cc sites more.use cc of peak except for xmas &new year going to melrose cc this year,if any funsters are in the area call in just look for my hobby you will be made welcome.

Upvote 0

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
... are there many alternatives to using campsites?
I was expecting to be able to stopover in lay byes etc if touring around UK. Do many users do this? and what about during the winter months when a lot of sites are closed.:Smile:

If you do a search for "wildcamping" you'll find lots of info both on here and elsewhere on teh interwebs.

I do, of course, know of a positively spiffing alternative to using campsites... :winky:

Steve :Smile:

Upvote 0

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
People NOT using them, and forumeers discussing better options, SHOULD be the best way of waking up this once usefull club, but I doubt it.
Most of us have enough brain cells to book our own way around, so without big discounts, joining "tha nazi party" has little benefit.

Upvote 0

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
If you wish to remain a member of the CC I would urge you NOT to complain.

I did and got blackballed for my trouble ( and I only complained about the constant flow of spam mails I was getting, upwards of 10 a day and even they agreed I should not be getting so many !! )

I was told the CC did not want people like me as I ( quote) complained too vociferously !
This after 4 months of mails and fone calls :Doh:

The C&CC are a totally different animal.. Laid back, and yet LISTEN if there is a problem ( admittedly I have only had a minor one but they got straight back to me and resolved the issue within 48 hours )

Upvote 0

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
I also find CC sites very expensive and not much cheaper than hotels but apart from C & CC are there many alternatives to using campsites?

You might try Britstops
free O/nights in many places some with electric Book Costs £10.00
and has saved me a bomb

Roger & Sheila :Smile:::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread