Trial of a Homemade accessory- Interested? (1 Viewer)

mdixon

Free Member
Nov 7, 2012
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner T660
Exp
Hello all

I am a motorhomer with a Burstner Nexxo 660 (fixed bed). One of the problems I have come across is fitting poles (such as my cosy corner) in the garage. It always seems to be in the way. I have seen solutions where people have taken a soil pipe and socket, Cut it, and solvented a socket on the other end. THERE MUST be a better solution......

So I have been busy in my garage, and I think I have a more pleasing solution.
The product is a 6 Inch Dia pipe that is finished in Carbon fibre effect. It has 1 fixed end cap and 1 locking end cap and is designed to be mounted on a 600mm centers Fiamma Bike rack without impeding its normal use. Any other makes sizes please suggest

I need feedback from any of you on the new product, so I am looking to make a run of 5 of these - If I can sort out the tooling!!

What I was anticipating was, I will provide these at cost price (anticipate about £45) for anybody to test and feedback on practicality, looks, usability, suggested price, improvements etc etc.

Initially all I am asking is if you are interested, no commitment, I anticipate to complete these in January (unfortunatly I am not retired!!::bigsmile:)

Length suggestions also welcome at this stage - you may have fishing rods etc of a size, or awning poles - whatever!!!

Just for info my avatar is a tool I made for squaring the ends and rebating the pipe for a seal.

I am an engineer, that likes projects and have lots of tools in my garage (workshop - it has never seen a car). So any other ideas people have - suggest away...

I did think of something that would lower my telly to a decent height
also a garage trolley that you can roll out for ease of access.

Sorry for boring anybody:Smile:

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
Sounds like a great idea and have seen some of the soil pies on bike racks and they don't look great, unfortunately at the moment I don't have awning poles etc etc as not long bought van and still buying items as I go along, may need in the future BUT if you come up with an attachment that allows you to lower the TV may well be interested, ours comes out from overhead locker and tilts and swivels but does need to be lower down so you do not get a pain in the neck watching it. Good luck with your project and look out Dragons Den

OP
OP
mdixon

mdixon

Free Member
Nov 7, 2012
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner T660
Exp
Tv Bracket

Is yours one that slides out of a cupboard paralllel to the front seats?
If you have a pic would be great

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
Yea it does will see what I can do re photo but will be at the weekend or early next week as working away from home at the moment (well meant to be working and not on the forum) cheers

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Sounds like a great idea and have seen some of the soil pies on bike racks and they don't look great, unfortunately at the moment I don't have awning poles etc etc as not long bought van and still buying items as I go along, may need in the future BUT if you come up with an attachment that allows you to lower the TV may well be interested, ours comes out from overhead locker and tilts and swivels but does need to be lower down so you do not get a pain in the neck watching it. Good luck with your project and look out Dragons Den

i have a solution for that - think it came from here somewhere as well!!

use two sliding drawer runners like this

may need to drill a couple of extra holes and do a bit of fiddling about to make sure when it fits back into the cupboard

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
some piccies

Attachments

• 20121122_111244.jpg
    20121122_111244.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 106
  • 20121122_111300.jpg
    20121122_111300.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 102
  • 20121122_111222.jpg
    20121122_111222.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 96
  • 20121122_111316.jpg
    20121122_111316.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 88
OP
OP
mdixon

mdixon

Free Member
Nov 7, 2012
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner T660
Exp
i have a slution for that - think it came from here somewhere as well!!

uise two sliding drawer runners like this

may need to drill a couple of extra holes and do a bit of fiddling about to make sure when it fits back into the cupboard

So - the drawer runners are mounted vertically and the telly just "drops". No cushioning?

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
So - the drawer runners are mounted vertically and the telly just "drops". No cushioning?

thats the one - but its a controlled drop ::bigsmile:

When its stowed away ive got its so its quite snug and sits on some none slip matting and no movement so no issues on the move

OP
OP
mdixon

mdixon

Free Member
Nov 7, 2012
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner T660
Exp
thats the one - but its a controlled drop ::bigsmile:

When its stowed away ive got its so its quite snug and sits on some none slip matting and no movement so no issues on the move

Thanks for the pics - Good idea.
I was looking at using some gas strut design to allow the telly to come to rest. The other requirement is that it will still rotate - for "in Bed" watching and stop at different points.

Glad to see an easy solution

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
simple is good ::bigsmile:

still rotates, tilts etc and sits at a comfortable height now for watching - and i can get at the connectors at the back easier and put a dvd in without having to turn the whole TV round (slot is on the right of the tv!!) - which is a bonus:thumb:

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
great idea will need to check it out for size etc

our TV is 15.6" if that helps get a bit of perspective on the pics

OP
OP
mdixon

mdixon

Free Member
Nov 7, 2012
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner T660
Exp
simple is good ::bigsmile:

still rotates, tilts etc and sits at a comfortable height now for watching - and i can get at the connectors at the back easier and put a dvd in without having to turn the whole TV round (slot is on the right of the tv!!) - which is a bonus:thumb:

You Must be a

Motorhome Engineer Extra Respected Kinematic Accesories Thinker
or
MEERKAT

Simples!:roflmto:

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
just checking, its looks like you have bolted the runners dirrectly onto the tv where the square plate usually attaches ?? correct ?? and the top of them to the plate

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
just checking, its looks like you have bolted the runners dirrectly onto the tv where the square plate usually attaches ?? correct ?? and the top of them to the plate

thats right yes:thumb:

i had thought about getting one of those removable brackets so the TV could be taken off easily - but that knackered it being safe and secure when on the move - as the TV may have come loose without some additional jiggery pokery - and quite frankly...i couldn't be a***d as the TV doesn't get taken out :roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back