internet over thare (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
so wat is the best internet for france and spain as wer gowing for more than a month it will get expensive so who will be the best providor for over thare:thumb:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
best to use the sites net or in most macdonalds free wifi

FM02MZO

Free Member
Jun 22, 2012
Castle Donington
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
30 years caravan, 2 year motorhome
Like the rest we tend to use Mc Donalds and the big shopping Malls etc., quite a lot of the sites in France and Spain provide it free, if you have a smart phone there is an app called Free Zone Wi-Fi which is very good

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

redchad

Free Member
Mar 5, 2011
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Been at it 18 month
Last year I bought a dongle for 30 euro and a data sim 30 euro in Spain. Used it ok but data doesn't last long if you start downloading stuff.

But there are lots of places with free wifi even found an aire in Spain with free wifi.

Last edited:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
so wat is the best internet for france and spain as wer gowing for more than a month it will get expensive so who will be the best providor for over thare:thumb:

Sithie Bill awd lad while thars doin nawt, chew on this bit of info…
France is not the best of places to get wifi...and it is very expensive compared to the Uk...
Although there are some... Libraries, McDonalds and others do have free wifi.... Decathalon will give you a free 1 hour outside in the car park, some supermarkets are now coming on board.. also some tabac's... a booster is an advantage, to sit in your own van outside in a car park... some of the campsites require you to go to a communal room to pick up a strong enough signal .......so the booster is a good tool to have for if and when needed...
I have a Orange pay-as-you-go....and a SFR.. payg dongle....I prefer the SFR.
But here is a bit info.
If it was me..I would go to the SFR shop...and buy a SFR dongle..this will set your computer up ...the SFR shop said, you did not need to be a resident..
For around 29 euros this gives you a dongle a sim and 3 days unlimited.. then top after that at SFR shop.. or on line. ...while your sim is running you can tap into any free SFR hotspots......while we was on a orange monthly contract( a waste of money so terminated the contract after 3y).we found no free orange hots spots...BUT we found loads of SFR we could not use as you needed a code..

we use both these sims on a unlocked 3g "3" network mifi I have unlocked...and both seem to work on it after the computer had been set up with the dongle....
If you intend to purchase a dongle and sim for France...
Top up prices are below...(prices and deals may change from the date I entered this information)
The SFR....to purchase the SFR Dongle/cle/key + sim the cost was 29.90 euros and this gave you three days unlimited data, and then you needed to top up.
To top up the SFR data sim there was three options
option 1 for 1 day you get 100mo (100mb) the cost is 3 euros (around £2.45 )
0ption 2 for 7 days you get 500mo (500mb) the cost is 9 euros (£7.35)
Option 3 for 30 days you get 2000 mo (2gb) the cost is 30 euros (£24.49)

Also while your Pay as you go sim card is active/with credit... it will connect to a SFR free hot spots automatically

The Orange dongle we already had (left over from our monthly contract) we just purchased the sim.....so I am not sure what the cost is for the dongle.

The top up for the orange pay as you go is.
option 1 for 7 days you get 75mo for 5 euro (£4.10)
option 2 for 15 days you get 150mo the cost is 10 euros (£8.20)
option 3 for 1 month you get 225mo the cost is 15 euros (£12 30)
option 4 for 2 months you get 450mo the cost is 25 euros (£20,50) with 5 euros credit
option 5 for 3 months you get 675mo the cost is 35 euros (£28.70) with 10 euros credit
option 6 for 4 months you get 975mo the cost is 50 euros (£41.00) with 15 euros credit
option 7 for 4 months you get 1.5go (1.5 gb) for 75 euros (£61.00) with 25 euros credit
option 8 for 5 months you get 2.25go (2.25gb) for 100 euros (£82.00)with 50 euros credit

We will now use the SFR most of the time, We will most likely purchase the 9 euro top up for 7 days,
This gives me 500mb every 7 days ... buy /top up ...3 or 4 times in a month....9 euro each top up... and use them if and when needed, as opposed to the 30 days 2gb deal option….once started you have to use it all

(The exchange rate of 1.22 euros to the £1 sterling)
Also Mo in France are Mb in the UK... and Go are Gb" )

Mel

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back