Free Member
Nov 20, 2012
Full Timer
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
since Jan 2013
With retirement just a month away, Mrs Davies and I have taken the plunge and bought a new motorhome today - autotrail Dakota (take delivery on 1st march next year).

We have been caravanners for a long and have at last realised our dreams.

We look forward to meeting people on our travels next year.

Thats all for now

Nigel, Debbie (Mrs D) and Tarni (our daft beagle)::bigsmile:

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
Hi Nigel and Debbie
you'll have FUN here!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
But
How can you wait so long to get your motorhome? :Eeek:
I'd want it right now so I could sit in it and try everything out and sit in the drivers seat and make engine noises and wave (yes, don't forget to wave) and dream of travelling through France or Germany or even the UK:RollEyes::winky:
Bonne route!
Mike and Annie:Cool:::bigsmile:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Nigel & Debbie, welcome to MotorhomeFun.:welcome:
Congratulations on your purchase, exciting times ahead for you.:thumb:
:flyingwelcome:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
hi and welcome to the fun, enjoy and do check out the rally page and the chatroom.

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Nigel and Debbie
you'll have FUN here!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
But
How can you wait so long to get your motorhome? :Eeek:
I'd want it right now so I could sit in it and try everything out and sit in the drivers seat and make engine noises and wave (yes, don't forget to wave) and dream of travelling through France or Germany or even the UK:RollEyes::winky:
Bonne route!
Mike and Annie:Cool:::bigsmile:

I know a lot of nice safe sleepyspots in Wiltshire :thumb: Welcome to the FUNhouse.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Nigel and Debbie, welcome to fun, its going to be a long winter, but I'm sure it will be worth the wait. :thumb: Bob and Jane.

heanorboy

Free Member
Nov 26, 2012
Yatton North Somerset
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Newbie Caravan 28 years and still using
30 plus years towing a CARAVAN and a T5

So here we go on a new adventure. Given up the day job or did it give us up, been a caravanner since the 80"s for those of you old enough to remember the first one was a Sprite with the Orange Front.Well we have moved on and now have a nice Bailey with a fixed bed.
So what am I doing on this site WELL just over a year ago we bought a VW T5 camper (NO still dont fit) to tour Scotland (must have been the wettest 3 weeks in Scotland for 50 years ) we got soaked but we also got the camper bug, So we have now moved on and about two months ago sold the T5 and am now the proud owner of a 2006 TriganoTriibute,(hope this means I can be accepted as it is van conversion), which we have already used 4 times.
We dont intend to stop using the caravan but will use the Van for Touring and short breaks.
So are we mad or are there other guys and gals out there who still own a caravan and Van conversion/motorhome and use both.

Love to fiddle with things so since buying the van I have fitted rear parking sensors, a reversing camera,Car alarm and changed the Audio system and all the carpets. We have also had the upholstery changed.
Would now love to fit Cruise control (saving up for that one) and wind deflectors for the windows (it doesnt have air-con)

Question; Has anyone out there worked out how to fit a DOUBLE DIN radio into a 2002 to 2006 Fiat Ducato as I have a nice all singing an dancing system with TV and GPS that I had in the T5 I would love to fit into the Fiat

Hope I havnt waffled on to much

By the way I am David and the Boss is Maureen and we live in Somerset with our dogs Minstrel and Luki

:winky::winky::winky::winky::cry::cry::cry::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
Hey David and Maureen,
I'm sure there are people on Motorhomefun who have neither a motorhome or a caravan and still tent!:Smile:
And don't be shy about owning a panel conversion. :Blush:We can go places others can't, like an aire tha'ts full - always room for a panel to squeeze in!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Mike and Annie:Smile::winky:

andrew_paul111

Free Member
Dec 3, 2012
usa
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
i m a newbie
Hello,

Hello all, i am new here, my name is andrew paulp