Sat Nav Snooper VenturaPro S8000 (1 Viewer)

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Ok just purchased this expensive sat nav.... setup,... sound level...on the 'bar indicator' its up to its maximum but its not audible when travelling at 55-60 mph, it sounds like quiet muttering in the background:Sad:
anyone bought one of these and had this problem???:cry:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Ok just purchased this expensive sat nav.... setup,... sound level...on the 'bar indicator' its up to its maximum but its not audible when travelling at 55-60 mph, it sounds like quiet muttering in the background:Sad:
[HI]anyone bought one of these and had this problem[/HI]???:cry:

Yes my brother had exactly this problem.

He soon solved it though, he sold it and went back to his TomTom
:thumb:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I have a snooper, though not your model, and no problem with the volume. Are you sure it isn't faulty?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
mentaliss

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I have a snooper, though not your model, and no problem with the volume. Are you sure it isn't faulty?

Well that could be the case! is it just me :cry: practically every thing I buy these days is poor quality what ever happened to "the sale and service experience should exceed customer expectation":Angry:

Hocky54

Free Member
Feb 6, 2011
Lowestoft Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel Dutchmen Denali
Exp
Well that could be the case! is it just me :cry: practically every thing I buy these days is poor quality what ever happened to "the sale and service experience should exceed customer expectation":Angry:

I have a S8000 truckmate, and have no problems in not hearing it.
I would suggest you contact Snooper direct here in the UK and speak to them about the problem.
They will help.

Did you buy it direct or through a third party?

Julian :thumb:

OP
OP
mentaliss

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I have a S8000 truckmate, and have no problems in not hearing it.
I would suggest you contact Snooper direct here in the UK and speak to them about the problem.
They will help.

Did you buy it direct or through a third party?

Julian :thumb:

Yep! going to do that tomorrow...can I ask you then, I presume your using your's within a commercial vehicle whereby the cab noise can swallow up a percentage of the unit's volume output, also can you turn up the volume on yours till it distort's?

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
i have got the s7000 did think that it could be louder at max volumn Had to turn radio volumn down to be sure I do not miss any voice instructions Once I got used to the unit. I had radio volumn back up and navigate via the screen and did not rely on the voice

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I dont have a snooper... tom tom for many years

have had an idea though. if your satnav has a media player feature with voice commands cutting in where needed, there should be a lead out to plug into the cars aux line in socket as used with ipods. better still, the manufacturer should include an fm transmitter, that way everything would work together including phone hands free, sat nav & audio.

just a thought though

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
I dont have a snooper... tom tom for many years

have had an idea though. if your satnav has a media player feature with voice commands cutting in where needed, there should be a lead out to plug into the cars aux line in socket as used with ipods. better still, the manufacturer should include an fm transmitter, that way everything would work together including phone hands free, sat nav & audio.

just a thought though

good idea but too technical for me to comprehend not even sure if the unit has the facilities you pointed out

Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On my S7000 as well as the volume control at the top of the main screen there is a second volume control for the TV/Radio which on mine increases the main volume If you increase this to max ,then adjust the main vol,hope this helps:thumb:

OP
OP
mentaliss

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
On my S7000 as well as the volume control at the top of the main screen there is a second volume control for the TV/Radio which on mine increases the main volume If you increase this to max ,then adjust the main vol,hope this helps:thumb:

yes that facility is built in to this unit, adjusted the volume in the tv and music facility still the same as I said previous post I'm sure I should be able to turn the volume up till it starts to distort... I certainly can do this with my old indigo snooper and my current GARMIN 2460LT:Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back