Motorhome safe's for laptops and large cameras (1 Viewer)

Jonybakery

Free Member
Mar 13, 2010
Funster No
Hi all,

Does anyone know of a large safe suitable for motorhome's or am I better trying to get something made?

Thanks

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Hi all,

Does anyone know of a large safe suitable for motorhome's or am I better trying to get something made?

Thanks

I have one that will take a couple of laptops + cameras and other stuff. It's like this one but but I didn't pay that much, though I'm sure I bought it from Been & Queued.

Link Removed

Groundhog

Free Member
Jun 18, 2008
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Since 2008
I bought mine from Screwfix. £49.95 with next day delivery seems to be a very reasonable price. It takes my full size laptop and lots of other stuff quite easily.

SPECIFICATIONS

External W x D x H: 430 x 350 x 200mm. Internal W x D x H: 420 x 300 x 190mm. Supplied with fixings. Weight 11.3kg. 24 Ltr.

You can see it at:

Link Removed

They have several to choose from if this one is not quite right.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, I fitted one in our last van, and only Dynamite would shift it, it took me 2 hours to get it out and I had it open............ A bit over kill when I wanted to change it when we got a bigger Laptop.:winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

So when I put it in this van I never got quite so carried away, but we got ours from Argos.:thumb:

But my top tip is get one bigger than you think you need.:Doh::roflmto: It puts your mind at rest knowing everything is locked away. :Smile: Bob.

Link Removed

OP
OP
J

Jonybakery

Free Member
Mar 13, 2010
Funster No
Thanks guys. Very helpful. So you then fix the safe's to the chasis of the van? Is that easy to do?

Cheers
Jon

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, just drilled through the floor and bolt it using coach bolts without the slot for a screw driver, and with the nuts inside the safe. :thumb: Bob.

OP
OP
J

Jonybakery

Free Member
Mar 13, 2010
Funster No
Hi, just drilled through the floor and bolt it using coach bolts without the slot for a screw driver, and with the nuts inside the safe. :thumb: Bob.

Thanks again. Did you have to drill holes in the safe as well?

Cheers
Jon

TonyIsh UK

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Funster No
Hi, We have a ST15 T (or similar) Link Removed

But did not pay the price they are quoting. It is useful because you can move it around the M/home and fixed to seat frames ( U bolt through the floor) etc or from car to car.

Rgds

Link Removed were my local supplier

Last edited:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Thanks again. Did you have to drill holes in the safe as well?

Cheers
Jon

Hi, they have holes in the bottom and in the end already, so as in our case it stands on end, and we lift the door up....::bigsmile: Our last van it was laying down and door opening out.::bigsmile: Depends where its going and how much room you have. :Smile: Bob.

ronald4874

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Poole Dorset
Funster No
MH
CB 6.5 metres
Exp
About 15yrs plus early years in caravan & cruiser
Security

Glad to hear people taking a real interest in security in their vans. More 'strength to your elbow', there are lots out there who cannot be bothered, making their vans an easy prey.

Thanks to those who take security seriously.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Safes

Just been reading this. May be of interest::bigsmile:

S

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
I made a false bottom in one of the cupboards which you never know was there. then put the shoes and thing on top. Yes we have to pull the shoes etc out to access it, but takes seconds.

In side holds computer, camera etc. total cost 1hour work and 3 euros for the bit of board.

Done.....

John

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
I fitted a safe in my van and was not able to locate it over a chassi rail or such,so as bobandjane used 2coach bolts,seems solid as a rock however when you think about it how safe is it ?
A good prise with a crow bar and the heads would pull through the ply quite easily.If you wanted to be silent and cunning all you would need is a cordless drill and a small core bit,drill round bolts and lift out.
With this in mind I'm going to get the fitters at work to cut me a piece of steel plate with 2 holes for my bolts and weld them in.By doing this the plate will stop the bolts pulling through and unless Mr toe rag carries a grinder,jigsaw,and drill it should be pretty safe.
Don't want to worry anyone but if you fit a safe fit it securely .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back