Whom is watching kids in nead (1 Viewer)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Is that what they are [HI]calling the Jimmy Saville debacle[/HI] now?????:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Well done Roger, I was going to write something similar but didn't have the Gonads.....:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Yep
We are first time for the last few years, we have always took part in a local fund raiser run by a young girl we know, ranging from groups on stage and dances to last years which was so much simpler just tables in a pub with tombola for the donated gifts and a raffle for other bigger items, £5.00 for a supper buffet put on by the pub and well over a £1,000 collected on the night, cant go this year has Lynn just came out of hospital today after an operation, so she will be nice and fit for Jan out to Spain, lets hope they collect more tonight. Pete :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
could someone explain what JS has to do with it.. ?

AFAIK he was never allowed near Children In Need, let alone on it
Just my twisted sense of humour Jim, obviously it cannot appeal to everyone, or anyone come to that. We are however living in a society where one speak ones mind even if I am almost the only one laughing. This site is supposed to be about fun so was just having some. No offence intended.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Yep
We are first time for the last few years, we have always took part in a local fund raiser run by a young girl we know, ranging from groups on stage and dances to last years which was so much simpler just tables in a pub with tombola for the donated gifts and a raffle for other bigger items, £5.00 for a supper buffet put on by the pub and well over a £1,000 collected on the night, cant go this year has [HI]Lynn just came out of hospital today [/HI]after an operation, so she will be nice and fit for Jan out to Spain, lets hope they collect more tonight. Pete :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Hope all is well and rapid recovery for your trip.......Griff...:thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Just my twisted sense of humour Jim, obviously it cannot appeal to everyone, or anyone come to that. We are however living in a society where one speak ones mind even if I am almost the only one laughing. This site is supposed to be about fun so was just having some. No offence intended.

I wasn't offended at all Roger .. but some might be..

On a general note, as far as JS is concerned the less I hear about him the better .. I just don't find jokes about him and kids a laughing matter.

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Children in need is now a worn out slimy format, with so called "celebrities" making appearances for their own ends, not for kids. Its about time it was knocked on the head and a different way found to raise money rather than just an "advertisathon."
A more honest way of harvesting money should be applied, more of the "bidding" , perhaps for dinner with a celeb, or something a company has donated, theatre tickets, Ipad, car whatever, then we wont have to mix glitzy celebs with sick kids and see the terrible way that just looks so false.

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Is that what they are calling the [HI]Jimmy Saville [/HI]debacle now?????:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

What has it got to do with him. Nothing ! :Angry:

I am sure the media will try to involve him, they have nothing better to do.:Angry::Angry:

It's money being raised for a good cause.::bigsmile:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Well thanks started this as an uplifting thread

Wish I hadnt king bothered now

:cry::Sad::cry:

A lot of threads go off on a tangent like this but to answer the question, NO, I haven't watched it for years, I prefer giving to charities of my choice and while there are no doubt some touching stories I find the show cringing. :shout:

I'm watching David Attenborough. :Smile:

algill

Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 2007
Watching David Attenborough on 2 instead. Amazing. :thumb:

Gill

Snap (Rolfarris)

Last edited:

Campercaillie

Free Member
Jun 23, 2012
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 620
Exp
-
Funniest thing on this year's Children in Need - Wogan's wig! :ROFLMAO:
How long can he continue with the pretence?

article-2234191-16116619000005DC-641_306x491.jpg

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Yep
We are first time for the last few years, we have always took part in a local fund raiser run by a young girl we know, ranging from groups on stage and dances to last years which was so much simpler just tables in a pub with tombola for the donated gifts and a raffle for other bigger items, £5.00 for a supper buffet put on by the pub and well over a £1,000 collected on the night, cant go this year has Lynn just came out of hospital today after an operation, so she will be nice and fit for Jan out to Spain, lets hope they collect more tonight. Pete :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Best wishes for Lynns speedy recovery Pete, both of you get some nice days of rest, build yourselves up for the big trip in Jan,
Ken.
:thumb: :thumb: :drink:

D

DM14742

Deleted User
The Election of Police Commisioners has cost 75 million pounds to organise over the last 2 years, just one example of the vast waste of Money our leaders impose on us. If only they would stop these hair brained ideas the money wasted could be put to much better use including Children in Need which going on last Nights total would have funded it for the best part of 3 years !

schojac

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
new in 2009
Children in need is now a worn out slimy format, with so called "celebrities" making appearances for their own ends, not for kids. Its about time it was knocked on the head and a different way found to raise money rather than just an "advertisathon."
A more honest way of harvesting money should be applied, more of the "bidding" , perhaps for dinner with a celeb, or something a company has donated, theatre tickets, Ipad, car whatever, then we wont have to mix glitzy celebs with sick kids and see the terrible way that just looks so false.

I hope the new format raises more than £26M. I don't give a damn who shows their face.

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I watched until the end!
Thought it was a much better show this year than for many years.
Even got the Missus to text in a tenner!! :RollEyes:

OP
OP
tofo
Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Twice here.

Attempt one failed, I thought because PAYG below needed, so topped up PAYG manually, worked -- twice.

Never mind, all in a good cause.

yep did that in the week
after watching the youngsters
on the rickshaw

sent one text didnt seem to go
thought id sent it wrong format :Eeek:
sent it again reformated both went
and two thanks back as you say good cause

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
I watched and I donated and proud to say so, if those kids stories don't tug at your heart strings theres something wrong with you.

There may be a lot of things wrong at the BBC but this is'nt one of them IMO.
A great British tradition and long may it continue:thumb: slimy or not:Doh:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Well, I was v sad when Terry's Old Geezers and Gals stopped producing the calendar after HM Customs & Excise refused em VAT exemption. But that turned out well in the end, as they raise far more money doing it the Countryfile way. Greater exposure and all that jazz if you'll excuse the bad pun.

I was very touched on DIT SOS in the week when the mother of an autistic child had said she got an hour or so's respite and the lady arrived at her house and wanted her to leave to go do whatever it was she wanted to do.

No she said, I don't want to go out - I want you to take my lad to The Yard (the place they were doing up) instead of me. And she said to 2 other mothers - It was absolutely great! - he had a whale of a time here as usual - and I got to clean the bathroom! I loved it!

And I thought to myself, sometimes we just can't grasp that people's needs can be so, so simple, can we? I mean - you all know yourselves ladies, nobody can clean your bathroom as well as you do, can they? (Well, Aggie and Kim perhaps LOL) And the job satisfaction !

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
given the current situation im not sure the bbc is the perfect judge of what children need

OP
OP
tofo
Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Well, I was v sad when Terry's Old Geezers and Gals stopped producing the calendar after HM Customs & Excise refused em VAT exemption. But that turned out well in the end, as they raise far more money doing it the Countryfile way. Greater exposure and all that jazz if you'll excuse the bad pun.

I was very touched on DIT SOS in the week when the mother of an autistic child had said she got an hour or so's respite and the lady arrived at her house and wanted her to leave to go do whatever it was she wanted to do.

No she said, I don't want to go out - I want you to take my lad to The Yard (the place they were doing up) instead of me. And she said to 2 other mothers - It was absolutely great! - he had a whale of a time here as usual - and I got to clean the bathroom! I loved it!

And I thought to myself, sometimes we just can't grasp that people's needs can be so, so simple, can we? I mean - you all know yourselves ladies, nobody can clean your bathroom as well as you do, can they? (Well, Aggie and Kim perhaps LOL) And the job satisfaction !

i new i would find the answer somewhere
i have been looking for that very calender
the togs one was an avid listner to wiggy wogan
when at work

i bought the calender every year
couldnt find it anywhere
not even on the togs site

never mind another pleasure gone

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
I used to like "Janet and John".......I,m sure funsters could write a few.::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back