Spanish stopovers, advise please. (1 Viewer)

Nov 8, 2010
France 86
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro
Exp
Since 2010
Doing Spain next week :thumb: No bookings, schedule or time limit on route through Spain.
Wondered if any knowledgable funsters could advise on overnight stopovers off A15/AP68 between Biarritz and Zaragoza (can't find anything in the Aires book on this stretch).

OP
OP
Timetraveller
Nov 8, 2010
France 86
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro
Exp
Since 2010
There is a campsite at Zaragossa which is open all year.

http://www.campingzaragoza.com/

We will be heading that way ourselves in early December.

Brisey

Thanks Brisey, worked out at 24euro for MH/2 adults/dog and leccy, low season, municipal:Eeek:. Only looking for an overnight kip, so will put this one on a back burner.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
As well as the one Brisey has mentioned, which is ok and we used a few time BUT expensive if all you need is a sleepover.

On the A68 just before you get to Zarragossa is a place called MARLOFA, There is a truck park there that has free places for motorhomes and a dump area. NOTE.. It is noisy as being a truckstop but have stayed there and all was ok. Even had free electric from some sockets behind the parking spaces.
http://maps.google.co.uk/?ll=41.736...d=w99qo-MsqEPKtRTE0_19bw&cbp=12,46.85,,0,7.01

Also, If you get past Zarragossa and head out on the A23 towards Valencia. approx 30km is CARINENA.. Just turn off the motorway and follow the old road. There is a fuel station and next door a Resturant / truck stop. Very quiet at night, popular rest over with caravanners. Free to stop, not tried resturant as we had a very late stop and off early next day.
http://maps.google.co.uk/?ll=41.334...=T86E9-F5PUPU-ySlb1lcsw&cbp=11,260.59,,0,7.21

ALSO ::bigsmile:
Further south on the A23 is TERUEL, follow signs to DINOPOLIS, Dinosaur museum, Has a huge car park and again free to stop over, quiet at night. Fuel station and a supermarket as you enter the car park...
http://maps.google.co.uk/?ll=40.332...id=2AO-Z6GtiEOgmrsMh51vdQ&cbp=11,89.4,,0,8.21

No thanks needed, If you get to Benidorm you can buy me a cider... :)
Brisey.. What date you in Benidorm.. ??? Dont panic not after your booze... lol

Last edited:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
I have been told that there is an overnight truck stop on the A23 at Monreal del Campo which is about 70 miles further on past Zaragossa.

We leave on 6th December Steve, we should take 4 or 5 days to get down to Benidorm. We will probably see out Xmas and New Year there before moving on. It would be good to meet up with you for a beer or two if you are there. There should be a few more Funsters about for the festivities perhaps we can all meet up somewhere.

Brisey.

lookback

Free Member
Nov 30, 2007
Mareham le fen, Lincs
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
5 years
We are off to Benidorm (La Torretta) on 12 Dec via the Eurotunnel. Like Brisey planning to take 5 days to get there. Possibly the N10 Ste Maure de Tourain and St Jean de Luz (keeping away from the Somport Tunnel:RollEyes:)

Ian

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I have been told that there is an overnight truck stop on the A23 at Monreal del Campo which is about 70 miles further on past Zaragossa.

We leave on 6th December Steve, we should take 4 or 5 days to get down to Benidorm. We will probably see out Xmas and New Year there before moving on. It would be good to meet up with you for a beer or two if you are there. There should be a few more Funsters about for the festivities perhaps we can all meet up somewhere.

Brisey.

Could be this one..
http://maps.google.co.uk/?ll=40.784...=9y9klM1i0mqmPQBUS0o4xg&cbp=12,248.48,,0,6.61 Bet there are loads of these along that old main roadway...

We going down in car around 20th Nov, not sure how long we staying as yet.. So who knows maybe a meet could be on the cards.. I heard a rumour Tony and perry are headed that way as well..:thumb:

D magic

Free Member
Apr 25, 2011
Devon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Maybe of interest

Hi

I got his one off my sat nav, it is a registered camperstop ( I hope). This was off my Snooper S7000, recently updated the software, and it now has loads of camper stops, some are free and some are payable.

Parque de Attractiones de Zaragoza

Zaragoza
ES

10 pitches, no charge by the looks of it.
I am in Torre Del Mar atm, weather......... hmmmm, better than the UK :Smile:
Good luck on the above, hope it helps :thumb:

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
For years now I have overnighted at the last service station south on the motorway before Zaragoza called Sobradiel. Fairly quiet and I park in the coach bays which are within sight of the 24 hour fuel kiosk. Never had any issues with security.

Mike

D magic

Free Member
Apr 25, 2011
Devon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Maybe of interest

Hi

I got his one off my sat nav, it is a registered camperstop ( I hope). This was off my Snooper S7000, recently updated the software, and it now has loads of camper stops, some are free and some are payable.

Parque de Attractiones de Zaragoza

Zaragoza
ES

10 pitches, no charge by the looks of it.
I am in Torre Del Mar atm, weather......... hmmmm, better than the UK :Smile:
Good luck on the above, hope it helps :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back