Fiat and Citroen Peugeot separating (2 Viewers)

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Seems in 2014 fiat will exit the partnership with Citroen and Peugeot

Making for some interesting moves for m/home manufacturers

I would think

Link Removed

:thumb::thumb::secret:

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Don't know if you had noticed, but it seems to me that more and more vans are being built on a Renault base.

Maybe this is the knock on effect of juddergate.

Pete:Cool:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Don't know if you had noticed, but it seems to me that more and more vans are being built on a Renault base.

Maybe this is the knock on effect of juddergate.

Pete:Cool:

I agree Pete....Renault base and Ford base.. I see more and more makers that did use the Fiat chassis / cab.....now using these two makes...YES ...and it must have been the dreaded Judder,

BUT what I don't see is the Mercedes base vehicle being used, in Fact... more of a decline ... Mercedes have also had there problems with the sprinter range..I think Mercedes have been resting on what they made years ago, there image is slowly being eroded.

What the Manufactures must realise the internet and these forums are a powerful weapon now for the every day people.......Just by entering a couple of words on the Google search...and WOW...what is all this info I see.... which could make and brake them..bad feedback people venting there problems on the internet goes all over the world ....its no good sitting back resting on there laurels ... they must get there act together and quickly, paying out a few hundred...or..thousands £ sorting a problem's out ..could save millions in the long run..:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I agree Pete....Renault base and Ford base.. I see more and more makers that did use the Fiat chassis / cab.....now using these two makes...YES ...and it must have been the dreaded Judder,

BUT what I don't see is the Mercedes base vehicle being used, in Fact... more of a decline ... Mercedes have also had there problems with the sprinter range..I think Mercedes have been resting on what they made years ago, there image is slowly being eroded.

What the Manufactures must realise the internet and these forums are a powerful weapon now for the every day people.......Just by entering a couple of words on the Google search...and WOW...what is all this info I see.... which could make and brake them..bad feedback people venting there problems on the internet goes all over the world ....its no good sitting back resting on there laurels ... they must get there act together and quickly, paying out a few hundred...or..thousands £ sorting a problem's out ..could save millions in the long run..:Doh:

Also finally FORD have got rid of there out dated Transit... that over the years had just minor alterations each update....
They have now gone for the more European look....:thumb: and I must say looks well.... very similar to a Renault.

Broken Link Removed

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTJhpC3OaHM&feature=fvwrel"]Ford Tourneo Custom Concept @ 2012 Geneva Motor Show - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
The article only mentions Sevel Nord which builds the smaller medium range vans such as the Citroen Dispatch / Fiat Scudo etc.

Sevel Sud (not mentioned) in Italy is where the Ducato / Boxer / Relay is built and is the base for the motorhome conversions so may not be affected in the same way?

ebikejohn

Free Member
Dec 11, 2015
Hereford
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2006
image.jpeg

The first derivative of the Renault/GM (and in some markets Nissan) spawned Fiat launches in May, it will be called the Talento.

As the owner of a new Vivaro and an old Trafic (with the 2ltr Nissan lump) owner I believe this a huge step up for Fiat from the Scudo and I wonder what is going to happen to the Citroen Dispatch, the Peugeot Expert and Toyota Proace, they are getting a bit long in the tooth.

We have run Vitos and Transporters in the past but the Trafics and Vivaros are not just cheaper, they are better.

It is the second piece of LCV badge engineering between Fiat and GM though, the Vauxhall Combo is a Fiat Doblo.

Renault are going great guns in light commercials, the Mercedes Benz Citan is largely a Renault Kangoo although MB have reworked the engine and replaced the cam belt with a chain and made it a bit quieter and more comfy - and more expensive of course.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back