Anyone has experience of Motorholme? (1 Viewer)

oatmealgroup

Free Member
Nov 7, 2012
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
im a newbie
Hi I'm a newbie who needs some advice, I'm thinking about purchasing a Pilote Mooveo and renting it through Motorholme. Their sales spiel make some bold claims and want to know is this a good van and whether the company is to be believed / trusted?

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
If you are going to do it, do it yourself! You are welcome to contact me and I will tell you how to go about it.

Two Rules;

Don't get emotionally attached.

Do cover all angles for both you and your customer - they may have saved hard for that holiday, look after them well.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I would not bother, you won't make much money out of it,forget all the salesmans spiel.

Your personal van will get used by God knows who and you will likely end up with a load of grief.

Peter

OP
OP
O

oatmealgroup

Free Member
Nov 7, 2012
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
im a newbie
If you are going to do it, do it yourself! You are welcome to contact me and I will tell you how to go about it.

Two Rules;

Don't get emotionally attached.

Do cover all angles for both you and your customer - they may have saved hard for that holiday, look after them well.

Hi would appreciate any advice how do I get in contact?

May 8, 2010
South Wales
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam T-Line785
Exp
since 2009
Can't help you on the renting side but we have a Mooveo and love our van. Been very pleased with it.

deanroofing

Free Member
Nov 20, 2011
bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2010
Before we bought our van we hired one through them, the guy we got it from got about £225 from the deal they got near on £800, he also brought it down from Norfolk to Hertfordshire which he reckoned was £60 deisel so not a great deal of profit, he says the hire value of the van per year was about 15k.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Walk in with eyes open and be aware that the resale value of the van will be affected by the fact that it has been used for hire.

I used them once to hire a van prior to purchasing something and would never go near them again. The van was not as described, though the owners themselves were first class and not to be faulted and the never stopped bothering for months afterwards with the hard sell of buy to rent. Bargepole for me.........

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back