planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Hi i am going to be running the coastal challenge ultra in Anglesy in January

http://www.endurancelife.com/event-new.asp?series=70&location=180

I won't bore you with 32 miles of running around the peninsula in the coldest wettest month of the year over hills rocks and through water pools. :RollEyes:

However we are dead stuck for somewhere to stay. We would have to arrive on the Friday night in the dark as the adventure begins early on Saturday morning. I would then have to leave the van with Nikki in it and a few books whilst I went and amused myself. I anticipate that I would need to take the car with me as the start place is difficult to get to in a van and there is only limited parking at the start.

So does anyone out there know of any little hidden Gems? not too worried about cost of a site that might have hardstanding and hook up or even a half decent patch of concrete would do, but I can't find anything that's open?

Please Help

Nikki is threatening to pull me out the race series if I can't get somewhere:cry:

54mud

Free Member
Sep 18, 2009
Stone, Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
24 on and off
Try the Church Bay Inn, it's on the Motorhome Stopover website. Don't know what facilities its got but should be free.

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
that time of year and location wise you should be Ok wilding

here - which might even be the start point!! and if your getting there after 1800 you should be fine

or here a bit exposed so might make for a windy night!!

PS... that's only 19 days after the New Year meet - you sure you'll have recovered by then::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Try the Church Bay Inn, it's on the Motorhome Stopover website. Don't know what facilities its got but should be free.

Thank you, this may be a possibility although I will have to give them a bell. 14 miles from the start line and a massive 29 mins :Eeek: are the roads that bad :roflmto:

that time of year and location wise you should be Ok wilding

here - which might even be the start point!! and if your getting there after 1800 you should be fine

or here a bit exposed so might make for a windy night!!

PS... that's only 19 days after the New Year meet - you sure you'll have recovered by then::bigsmile:

Interesting, that indeed is the start line. However, I have looked through the road and there is a gate to that place. The problem would be that I would think it dfficult to sleep without wandering if a knock knock was coming. theres nothing worse than running tired before you start.

As for the second point-

As you know, I won't be drinking at the New year Meet as I have to organise the Funsters for the pre butty racecourse run. All funsters will be awoken at 0550 New years day, They will then be expected to run the full length of the race track twice each way. It isn't a piss up im organising for New Year its a Fat camp :Cool:
Better go and readjust the post now the deposits are:winky: paid

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
how about this one supposed open all year - its a CL and only 7 miles from the start point - mainly on the one decent road on Ynus Mon too so only 15 mins or so drive

Assuming of course the Druids dont getcha during the night:whatthe:

so, its a fat camp now - well ill fit in nicely now...(or should i say even better:Doh:)

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Im amazed at the PM's I have had with really kind offers, Thank you Funsters so much, Sometimes this place is worth its weight in Darlys, I mean gold :roflmto:

It looks like I may now be fixed up, means running an additonal 4 miles to the start and back making over 40 miles in total only 19 days after armagheddon at Uttoxeter but, hey ho.... im sure Nikki can pick me up,,

Anyone fancy coming for a wet wild weekend Daryl, its the 19th of January brrr and that campsite you mention Daryl has super pitches for super people :winky::thumb:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
how about this one supposed open all year - its a CL and only 7 miles from the start point - mainly on the one decent road on Ynus Mon too so only 15 mins or so drive

[HI]Assuming of course the Druids dont getcha during the night[/HI]:whatthe:

so, its a fat camp now - well ill fit in nicely now...(or should i say even better:Doh:)

Druids are nice friendly people, they just eat babies, nowt wrong with that..

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I was going to tell you to contact maxsdad but I see he has beat me to it just remember to take some boddingtons if staying there.

Good luck with the run

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Druids are nice friendly people, they just eat babies, nowt wrong with that..

true, and Paul has a bear in the van so he should be Ok - and with all that running he'd be a bit sinewy

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
Anglesey advice

Hi i am going to be running the coastal challenge ultra in Anglesy in January

http://www.endurancelife.com/event-new.asp?series=70&location=180

I won't bore you with 32 miles of running around the peninsula in the coldest wettest month of the year over hills rocks and through water pools. :RollEyes:

However we are dead stuck for somewhere to stay. We would have to arrive on the Friday night in the dark as the adventure begins early on Saturday morning. I would then have to leave the van with Nikki in it and a few books whilst I went and amused myself. I anticipate that I would need to take the car with me as the start place is difficult to get to in a van and there is only limited parking at the start.

So does anyone out there know of any little hidden Gems? not too worried about cost of a site that might have hardstanding and hook up or even a half decent patch of concrete would do, but I can't find anything that's open?

Please Help

Nikki is threatening to pull me out the race series if I can't get somewhere:cry:

If really stuck, try Tyddyn Du site at Penmaenmawr.
It's on the mainland , but only a short trip over the bridge:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back