Mot (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Ok can anyone tell me where i can get an MOT on a 25 foot tag axle motorhome in the manchester area. Thought the council depot could do it but it's too big. Passed me on to a place in trafford park, do truck etc but not motorhome as it is in the same class as car. Would be pullimg out my hair if i had any.

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Our van isn't as big as yours so this may not apply but we have a CIV MOT and it's done, expertly, at Hunslet Light Commercial in Leeds. There must be something similar over your way? Ours is 21' long. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Ok can anyone tell me where i can get an MOT on a 25 foot tag axle motorhome in the manchester area. Thought the council depot could do it but it's too big. Passed me on to a place in trafford park, do truck etc but not motorhome as it is in the same class as car. Would be pullimg out my hair if i had any.

Hi Paul have you tried your local ambulance service garage they do mot's up in Blackpool don't know what size but worth a go. Pete

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Stewart Burrows, Llanfynydd tel 01352-770472, not far from Mold.:thumb:

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
Any station that does class 7 mot's should be able to handle yours, obviously you only need a class 4 mot but some places unless set up for large goods vehicles can't do them due to size, I would look for your local VOSA testing station if they can't do it they will know a testing station that can

PurpleDragon

Free Member
Nov 6, 2012
wales
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
We use Pinnacle Motor Engineering, Stockport.
Have found them to give excellent service.
They Mot & Service our Motorhome (the only garage I trust to do it right).
Here is there website address www.pinnacle-motors.co.uk :thumb:

OP
OP
PaulyP
Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
We use Pinnacle Motor Engineering, Stockport.
Have found them to give excellent service.
They Mot & Service our Motorhome (the only garage I trust to do it right).
Here is there website address www.pinnacle-motors.co.uk :thumb:

I will have a look at them. Found a place in Stretford who think it may fit in, measured from middle of front wheel to middle of other axles. First axle was 12 foot 7 inch and 15 foot to the second so i am going with it tomorrow to see if it fits in and then book it in.
Fingers crossed.

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
i am presuming you mean the trafford council depot at urmston ? if not then they are only 5 mins up the road from stretford at higher road ! if you are still struggling then check out risley mot and truck ltds website or call them on 01925850005 they are based in birchwood warrington but in reality from stretford it is a 15 - 20 min hop up the m62 coming off at the 1st junction takes you straight there !! hope this helps garry

Last edited:
OP
OP
PaulyP
Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
i am presuming you mean the trafford council depot at urmston ? if not then they are only 5 mins up the road from stretford at higher road ! if you are still struggling then check out risley mot and truck ltds website or call them on 01925850005 they are based in birchwood warrington but in reality from stretford it is a 15 - 20 min hop up the m62 coming off at the 1st junction takes you straight there !! hope this helps garry

Thanks Garry
I live in Urmston, higher road depot say it's too big. Try the place in Stretford, if not will ring the Risley place.
Played amateur rigby league ar Risley many years ago.

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
glad to be of help. their website states r v suitable so your tag axle should not be a problem cheers garry

spannermanwigan

Free Member
May 22, 2008
wigan, lancs
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1973
If Wigan isnt too much out of the way for you,

Call Mike on 01942 216580 at Interserve who now lease my workshops as I have retired
they have the neccessary equipment to mot your vehicle.
Just say Steve Morris told you to call.

regards
Steve:thumb:

OP
OP
PaulyP
Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Quick update. Went to the place in stretford only to find he had a van on the ramps and was stuck getting some part fitted.:Sad:

Came home and phoned a mechie mate who said use the council.
Went to the local place on higher road urmston, guy came out to look and it's booked in for 07.45 monday.:thumb::thumb:

On my way done there was a scaffold truck going the opposite way who managed to hit my offside wing mirror, glass cracked across middle, it would fail mot on this so now going on Ebay to see if i can get something.:Angry::Angry::Angry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back