Perpignan - all year campsite recommended (2 Viewers)

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Although we only stayed 2 nights I feel we can recommend the open all year campsite at the north end of Argeles Plage.

http://www.le-roussillonnais.com/us/

First we took a look at the large Aire at Leucate Plage, this was 7.20 euros a night and had 3 motor homes there. It looked a bit bleak to us and not scenic at all.

For an extra 5 euros we got a pine tree planted campsite, power and security, good facilities plus some beautiful views down the beach to the mountains. The camp site was fully secured, good facilities, very laid back and helpful, right on the beach and 12 euros a night including electric.
There were about 15 to 20 motor homes there about a week ago, usual mix of nationalities except Brits.

Outside the campsite fence there is a nature reserve immediately to the north, the small town directly to the south with a mountain backdrop with Spain just beyond. At the far end of the town is a harbour to amble around.

Perpignan is about 15km to the north with maybe the largest Auchan supermarket we have ever seen, unbelievable.

If anyone is interested I can post a few photos, just ask.

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
I have often stayed in that area.
But never at that campsite would love to see a few pictures.

Thanks

Mel

Last edited:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Also Camping Les Oliviers is open all year round on the Argeles Rd from le Boulou. Its on the right hand side about 1 km towards Argeles and many use it as a stopping off point on route to Spain. Just handy for a days shopping in La Jonquera or Le Perthus or touring the villages of the Alberes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
Although we only stayed 2 nights I feel we can recommend the open all year campsite at the north end of Argeles Plage.

First we took a look at the large Aire at Leucate Plage, this was 7.20 euros a night and had 3 motor homes there. It looked a bit bleak to us and not scenic at all.

For an extra 5 euros we got a pine tree planted campsite, power and security, good facilities plus some beautiful views down the beach to the mountains. The camp site was fully secured, good facilities, very laid back and helpful, right on the beach and 12 euros a night including electric.
There were about 15 to 20 motor homes there about a week ago, usual mix of nationalities except Brits.

Outside the campsite fence there is a nature reserve immediately to the north, the small town directly to the south with a mountain backdrop with Spain just beyond. At the far end of the town is a harbour to amble around.

Perpignan is about 15km to the north with maybe the largest Auchan supermarket we have ever seen, unbelievable.

Wondering if you got a discount as their site gives a price of almost 20euro including electric Enjoy your stay it is cold here.

OP
OP
V
Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
No discount, we paid the winter price from October to April. The French language part of the website makes more sense and explains camping cars only during the winter.

It's quite a large site with tent areas, lots of chalets and quite a lot of MH and caravan pitches too, but it's only the latter that are used during the winter.

By the way it's a Municipal site run by Argeles town.

OP
OP
V
Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Here a few photos of the exterior -

1 - standing at the gate looking south (into the sun)
2 - on the beach ditto
3 - waters edge looking back at the camp site
4 - looking north toward the nature reserve
5 - entrance with temporary parking to the left

I'll post a few interior photos in another message

Attachments

• d3382aa.jpg
    d3382aa.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 59
  • d3389aa.jpg
    d3389aa.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 59
  • d3399aa.jpg
    d3399aa.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 62
  • d3405aa.jpg
    d3405aa.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 54
  • d3407aa.jpg
    d3407aa.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 60
OP
OP
V
Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Interior photos -

1 - one of the toilet / wash blocks
2 - just couldn't stop looking at this Knaus, fabulous looking machine. You'll notice the old and the new in the same photo. The German couple who owned it said it was a dream come true and even after 5 years of ownership couldn't stop grinning.
3 - another path to the beach at the north end of the site
4 - typical raodway inside the site

ps: sorry for photo quality, it's being restricted to 19.5 kb limit that does it as most were good in full size

Attachments

• d3408aa.jpg
    d3408aa.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 58
  • d3410aa.jpg
    d3410aa.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 56
  • d3412aa.jpg
    d3412aa.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 53
  • d3413aa.jpg
    d3413aa.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

veevee
Have you got the price correct 12 euros per night with EHUP ..just been on your link it says 2010 tarrifs...see below...

> PITCH AREAS

Prices per night: Bookings are from 12noon to 12noon the day after. Tourist tax per pitch per day (over 13 years old) applies from April to September (included).

Tariffs 2010
Pitch / night
Out of season
June
July
August
Package 2 persons + pitch + car
€15.50
€18.90
€23.20
Extra person
€4.60
€5.00
€5.40
Child under 3 years old
Free of charge
€1.80
Electricity (6A)
€3.90
Pet
€1.50
Extra car
€1.00
Parking space
€4.50
€9.00
No parking space
Tourist tax
€0.44

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
veevee
Have you got the price correct 12 euros per night with EHUP ..just been on your link it says 2010 tarrifs...see below...

> PITCH AREAS

Prices per night: Bookings are from 12noon to 12noon the day after. Tourist tax per pitch per day (over 13 years old) applies from April to September (included).

Tariffs 2010
Pitch / night
Out of season
June
July
August
Package 2 persons + pitch + car
€15.50
€18.90
€23.20
Extra person
€4.60
€5.00
€5.40
Child under 3 years old
Free of charge
€1.80
Electricity (6A)
€3.90
Pet
€1.50
Extra car
€1.00
Parking space
€4.50
€9.00
No parking space
Tourist tax
€0.44

Thanks for that.Veevee... yes just been on the French side info and yes 12 euros... + for us extra for a dog ...:thumb:

OP
OP
V
Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Hello Mel

I have it wrong but not by much. Although I know what we paid I've started to doubt myself. Am looking at the invoice, 12.00 euros per day TTC (taxes inclusive) + 2 x Taxe de sejour at 0.46 = 0.92 euros per day, making it 12.92 euros per day in total.

Take a look at this link, it's the current one from the French part of the website. Scroll to the bottom and you will see it plain as plain.

http://www.le-roussillonnais.com/articles-3/3-1-camping-cars/

Said this was a laid back good campsite, not that their website made sense...

Hope this helps

Last edited:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hello Mel

I have it wrong but not by much. Although I know what we paid I've started to doubt myself. Am looking at the invoice, 12.00 euros per day TTC (taxes inclusive) + 2 x Taxe de sejour at 0.46 = 0.92 euros per day, making it 12.92 euros per day in total.

Take a look at this link, it's the current one from the French part of the website. Scroll to the bottom and you will see it plain as plain.

http://www.le-roussillonnais.com/articles-3/3-1-camping-cars/

Said this was a laid back good campsite, not that there website made sense...

Hope this helps

OK.. I have looked and you are only a few centimes out,,,, but we understood..TAXES:Doh:...been on the French site and scrolled down....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back