Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Did any of you see these at the NEC? They are the same as the regular Kampa awning except there are no poles. I watched the guy inflate one and I was impressed. Rather than mess with making up the poles then inserting them in pockets, you just attach it to a foot pump and the frame inflates. I thought it would be flimsy but it wasn't, infact I reckon it was more stable than our pole version. The frame inflates rock hard and is around 4 inches thick, the inflated material used seems very robust.

Details are here http://www.kampa.co.uk/news/

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Oh well, another gagdet my wife will add to the "must have" list::bigsmile:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Did any of you see these at the NEC? They are the same as the regular Kampa awning except there are no poles. I watched the guy inflate one and I was impressed. Rather than mess with making up the poles then inserting them in pockets, you just attach it to a foot pump and the frame inflates. I thought it would be flimsy but it wasn't, infact I reckon it was more stable than our pole version. The frame inflates rock hard and is around 4 inches thick, the inflated material used seems very robust.

Details are here http://www.kampa.co.uk/news/

Yes we saw that but we wondered what it would be like in the wind?
We sold our driveaway awning as it had fibreglass poles and wasn't good in high winds.
We are looking for something a bit more stable.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
We have the kampa motor rally pro 260.. which is probably one of the better awnings for the motorhome weve had. Main observation is though its great it fits into the fiamma windout track but it does not seal to the van. The adjustable feet on the poles is a great feature.

This looks a great option, certainly keeps the weight down and i should imagine simple and quick to put up.

But.... How many arms and legs does it cost?:Eeek:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We have the kampa motor rally pro 260.. which is probably one of the better awnings for the motorhome weve had. Main observation is though its great it fits into the fiamma windout track but it does not seal to the van. The adjustable feet on the poles is a great feature.

This looks a great option, certainly keeps the weight down and i should imagine simple and quick to put up.

But.... How many arms and legs does it cost?:Eeek:

Thanks for that, do you need the driveaway kit for that?

PS.
I just found the one on the website, says it has two different sized beading so ok for our fiamma awning.

Last edited:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
As Phill has said - weight - a real bonus.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Its not drive away and the double bead is great. I gave away our driveaway awning. Hated it and for " our " way of motorhomeing a complete waste and a hassle. Might suit others.

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
We stood and watched as they 'let it down' and then gave another admirer the pump, showed him where to connect it and told him to put in 12 'pumps' of air and there was the fully inflated awning in under a minute.
Very impressive.

Kevc

Free Member
Feb 20, 2012
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Compact Leisure vehicle
Exp
Since 2011
Would the air tubes be affected by temperature though, and potentially blow if they got too heated up?
If so meaning you would have to control air pressure according to the temperature.

Not sure how much affect it would get, just thinking out loud????

Kev

mdixon

Free Member
Nov 7, 2012
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner T660
Exp
No good for us ....

The burstner Nexxo has the heating flue on the doorside