Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Hi
I have just changed our motorhome for a 2010 Auto-Sleeper Surrey which is on a Mercedes chassis. The ignition keys are the electronic type incorporating central locking and alarm, according to the dealer it doesn't have an ordinary type key for the cab doors, there is a key for the habitation door and lockers but not for the cab doors even though there is a key hole on the drivers handle. Does anyone know if there should be a "normal" type key for the drivers door.

Thanks John

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
look closely at the key fob / remote! on the cars at the back of the fob there is an inserted key which you pop out in an emergeny. ( you push in what looks like a metal edge to the fob and out it pops )

there must be some device! what happens when a battery goes flat on the cab? either cant get in or cant lock it.

so there will be an overide key somewhere..

OP
OP
golly

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Thanks Phill, can't see anything like that, My thoughts were that there should be some way of locking if the electronics went kaput .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
our m/h is on a 2009 merc sprinter and the "key" part (just the metal bit) pulls out of the plastic remote part, for use in emergencies, there's a little grey plastic bit on the top of the remote that you slide back to release it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
golly

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
our m/h is on a 2009 merc sprinter and the "key" part (just the metal bit) pulls out of the plastic remote part, for use in emergencies, there's a little grey plastic bit on the top of the remote that you slide back to release it.

A big big thank you:thumb: Just had a "fiddle" with the key and bingo!! Emergency key found. Feel like a right plonker now:Doh:

Thanks again

John

spannermanwigan

Free Member
May 22, 2008
wigan, lancs
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1973
Dont, the plonker is the dealer who doesnt know his product well enough to advise you.
Just imagine how much else he doesnt know about what hes sold you.

regards
Steve:thumb:

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
I had the same problem with my sprinter van, I found it after looking the manual:Doh:

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
RE-BOOTING THIS;- Because to-day It has happened to me!. Not an issue, you might think, as I had the "Spare" in the house?. NO WAY. the "spare" will not unlock ANYTHING. replaced the batteries, still "ZILCH". So now I am faced with breaking into the `van Tomorrow. Sliding side window looks favourite, as I can probably reach the keys in the dash!.

So unless anyone has (sensible) suggestions?. Tomorrow I am faced with breaking and entering. Thanks to the dealers NOT checking that BOTH sets of keys worked!. I just took one and handed the "Spare" set to SWMBO. Doh!!!.

Mar 31, 2015
WORCESTER
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 660 merc
Exp
SINCE 2012
Ring your breakdown company they won’t do any damage (hopefully)k:D2

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
On an A class the only locks that are Mercedes originals are likely to be the glovebox and possibly the fuel cap. That's the case on mine and the hab key opens everything except the aforementioned. I keep a hab key hidden outside the MH ever since a dog locked me out :).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back