Aldi Weather Station 4th November 2012 (1 Viewer)

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
We've got one of these, you can pop the outside sensor just inside your lower fridge vent so you don't leave it behind!
It can be quite interesting seeing what is going on with the temperature inside and out!
The barometer seems to give a reasonably accurate forecast too!:thumb:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
We've had one for at least six years, same make, purchased from Aldi, never let us down yet and ours is wall mounted.

Nigel and Pamala

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Looks good, is it wall mountable :Smile:

There are two versions, a 'landscape' layout and a 'portrait' layout, if that makes sense!

Both are available in black, or white for you Apple fans!

They have an integral stand and a slot in the back for mounting to a screw in the wall.

Ours is stuck to the MH interior with sticky-backed velcro strip and hasn't moved in a year!:thumb:

We placed our exterior sensor just inside our lower fridge vent so that it is always receiving a flow of external ambient air whilst being out of the way of road spray, rain, etc.. This way, we are assured of accuracy and not losing the sensor by leaving it on a pitch somewhere!:Smile:

BTW, Paul, it worked faultlessly at VT! No need to lag it!!!

Last edited:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
There are two versions, a 'landscape' layout and a 'portrait' layout, if that makes sense!

Both are available in black, or white for you Apple fans!

They have an integral stand and a slot in the back for mounting to a screw in the wall.

Ours is stuck to the MH interior with sticky-backed velcro strip and hasn't moved in a year!:thumb:

We placed our exterior sensor just inside our lower fridge vent so that it is always receiving a flow of external ambient air whilst being out of the way of road spray, rain, etc.. This way, we are assured of accuracy and not losing the sensor by leaving it on a pitch somewhere!:Smile:

BTW, Paul, it worked faultlessly at VT! No need to lag it!!!

I can see Nikki getting quite cross with the way you keep spending our money :ROFLMAO:

Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
+ 1 I've had a couple of these for a while - one at home and one at work [pre-retirement]. Both very useful in determining how many layers were needed for the outward/homeward cycle commute! The 'work' one has now been installed in the van, with the external sensor ziptied to the bike rack [they are fully waterproof] and the display unit standing on a shelf but bluetacked to the wall. The 'max/min' function has been useful as I leave the heating on at 'frost' setting - means I can check it's working. Very reliable - just replace the batteries every once in a while. Recommended, if you're in the market for such a device!

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
i have one of these:roflmto:

Attachments

• 2376-extra-large-weather-forecast-sign-funny-metal-advertising-wall-sign-8758-p.jpg
    2376-extra-large-weather-forecast-sign-funny-metal-advertising-wall-sign-8758-p.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 83

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We've got one of these, you can pop the outside sensor just inside your lower fridge vent so you don't leave it behind!
It can be quite interesting seeing what is going on with the temperature inside and out!

Have you seen all the other stuff on that link, even folding soft ground pads rated at 3T.

It's just too dangerous to go in :cry:

And their Tiramisu is to die for.

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Have you seen all the other stuff on that link, even folding soft ground pads rated at 3T.

It's just too dangerous to go in :cry:

And their Tiramisu is to die for.

whats gaint waves got to with it?

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
Aldi Weather Station

Purchased one today on your recommendation.....
Looks a sound bit of kit.
Thanks for the up

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
i like the alarm clock bit on it
so the alarm goes off you look at the weather display and it says wet and miserable so you stay in bed and go back to sleep :thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Been and Got mine today.... Looks great, :thumb:

Oh BTW John,. got a great deal on Thermals down the Aldi too :roflmto: