Oct 28, 2012
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Relay L2H2
Exp
Few years now
Hi to all ....Just bought a 2008 Chausson Flash 03 140Hp. 5k miles

Used to have an Avondale 6 Berth and a Toyota Hi-ace custom Ltd conversion, But the caravan was so big just got left in storage, not getting used. And the van had to go as my wife wanted to be able to walk through, although shes only 5.2.. no luck there then.
So this is my, try out park on the drive and see van.
Busy at the present getting lots of goodies fitted......next kitting out the inside.
Couple of questions silly I know but....Does the theatford use pink flush ,if so where does it go ?
And please where is the loo light switch ?
Bought the van private and so probably more questions to come ....

Looking forward to lots of motorhome Fun thanks Kim :thumb:

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
Hi to all ....Just bought a 2008 Chausson Flash 03 140Hp. 5k miles

Couple of questions silly I know but....Does the theatford use pink flush ,if so where does it go ?
:

I would think the flush water comes from the onboard fresh water tank like mine so you don't use the pink stuff

Oh and welcome to a great forum

Nomadder

Free Member
Oct 29, 2012
Norfolk till feb
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato tio r
Exp
solo since Sep 2012
Thetford cassette toilet

It depends on which model you have. All Thetford cassette toilets apart from the 4c (vacuum empty model ) have a separate flush filler this is located above the cassette itself it looks the same as the waste outlet on the cassette, ( directly above waste outlet spout ) , you then pull this (upper ) spout out and fill they are small capacity and hold a little over 1L there should be a small clear tube around there too, probably got some flush fluid in it this is the complete drain for the flush (and shows flush level at a glance) you pull the end off it point it into a bowl or the ground and tip it up ,,, I bet you don't have a cassette type now haha ,, but caravan shops and google are your friends too ,, happy motoring :thumb: .As far as which flush to use I personally use elsan organic in blue as I occasionally empty into a friends cesspit and the chemicals in some other types of toilet fluid and rinse can compromise the live bacteria doing their thing , think about where you are going to empty ,the toilet will take any purpous made fluid will work ,, just steer clear of household cleaners especially bleach :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi and welcome to fun, have a go at putting Bio Washing Liquid in the search engine and have a look for a thread on alternative chemicals for toilets, you may have a surprise :Smile::flyingwelcome:

OP
OP
flashkim

flashkim

Free Member
Oct 28, 2012
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Relay L2H2
Exp
Few years now