Latest playbook OS update (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Anybody know what it was about, its the 75meg update I got yesterday, up grades the op sys to 2.1.0.1088. Can't find any mention of it on the web.

Ian

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Jim thanks for that link. We tried the video in the RV before Chloe went and it was a bit stuttery, so I wasn't expecting to much abroad, we use a MIFI for broadband, I would expect it to be better on a fixed line.

She connected up from the hotel in Venice and I was able to talk and see her room, again it was stuttery, but usable. She has tried from the ship as they have shipwide wifi, but it was almost unusable, the picture locking most of the time, and her voice very garbled. Chloe has said before that the internet is very unstable on the ship, dropping and reconnecting all the time. I guess the satellite dish has a job to keep locked onto the signal as the ship rocks and rolls.

I have never used skype so I don't know if that would be any better, perhaps you know?

Ian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Jim thanks for that link. We tried the video in the RV before Chloe went and it was a bit stuttery, so I wasn't expecting to much abroad, we use a MIFI for broadband, I would expect it to be better on a fixed line.

She connected up from the hotel in Venice and I was able to talk and see her room, again it was stuttery, but usable. She has tried from the ship as they have shipwide wifi, but it was almost unusable, the picture locking most of the time, and her voice very garbled. Chloe has said before that the internet is very unstable on the ship, dropping and reconnecting all the time. I guess the satellite dish has a job to keep locked onto the signal as the ship rocks and rolls.

I have never used skype so I don't know if that would be any better, perhaps you know?

Ian

Hi Ian

My ADSL broadband is pretty slow, and have found both BB and Skye a bit stuttery .. I think you need cable for a good transmission .. but when you consider that the BB server is in Canada .. not surprising .. .

Any time you want to test or try out give me a call, Pin 501B55C4

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi jim just tried ringing but i reckon your watching x factor. :lol: