Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
Hi Funsters,
Got a Chausson Flash 08 with rear 'boot'....... It has a Fiamma cycle rack on it, just above the boot.
Now this is where the fun begins !!!!!..........
I can't fit my Fiamma pro bike cover, because......wait for it.......
I'm too short ( I'm 5'6'' not 7'6'')..........and there's more..........
how the dickens are you supposed to fit the thing ?????. A degree in puzzles would be good.
Has anyone got the knack of fitting these things ??????

Any help would be much appreciated

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Haven't had the problem with the lifting bikes on to racks, I stand on Nikki's shoulders. :roflmto:

Where I do have the problem, was with that cycle rack cover. I opted to get a tow ball mounted bike rack and then modified the cover to fit it. I wanted to ensure that my bikes were completely covered so no road dirt and salt could get to them. works well now:thumb:

Not what you want to here I know, but them Bike rack covers are bloody useless IMO :Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Haven't had the problem with the lifting bikes on to racks, I stand on Nikki's shoulders. :roflmto:

Where I do have the problem, was with that cycle rack cover. I opted to get a tow ball mounted bike rack and then modified the cover to fit it. I wanted to ensure that my bikes were completely covered so no road dirt and salt could get to them. works well now:thumb:

Not what you want to here I know, but them Bike rack covers are bloody useless IMO :Angry:
Agree with Haggars here. Especially the Fiamma covers. They are only half a cover to start with :Doh:
The Fiamma ones are that good I gave mine away to the bloke that bought my bikes.

Upvote 0
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
I think ours was the pro,where the zip went around the top and velcro at the back to seal it all in.
What a pain, zip broke on ours soon after purchase so was replaced by Fiamma, you had to be over 8 foot tall to fit it, never managed to get it tought so that it looked like a parashute when driving, used to fill with water,
Oh,found the best way to fit was upside down.
Got ride of as it used to take me and the Mrs so long to fit
Now have the type which goes over bikes and secures with two bungy cords,simple!

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Tried all sorts of covers and never found one that was
a) easy to put on and
b) effective ..

dirt always gets inside.. so you end up with dirty bikes.. and a filthy cover to deal with.. in the end I gave up, found it easier just to wash the bikes..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Tried all sorts of covers and never found one that was
a) easy to put on and
b) effective ..

dirt always gets inside.. so you end up with dirty bikes.. and a filthy cover to deal with.. in the end I gave up, found it easier just to wash the bikes..

Maybe, just Maybe, I ought to manufacture my readjusted one then,,

it sits on the rack and zips everything in, even the bike rack:Smile:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
themogs

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
I think ours was the pro,where the zip went around the top and velcro at the back to seal it all in.
What a pain, zip broke on ours soon after purchase so was replaced by Fiamma, you had to be over 8 foot tall to fit it, never managed to get it tought so that it looked like a parashute when driving, used to fill with water,
Oh,found the best way to fit was upside down.
Got ride of as it used to take me and the Mrs so long to fit
Now have the type which goes over bikes and secures with two bungy cords,simple!

Thanks Jaygee,
Sounds a simple yet effective answer.
I'll give it a go !!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back