Caravan couple’s lucky escape in A27 accident (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Link Removed

Published on Monday 22 October 2012 15:52

A COUPLE had a lucky escape when a lorry crashed into their broken down caravan which was parked on the hard shoulder

The accident happened on the busy eastbound A27, between Emsworth and Chichester, at 12.45pm today.

The couple were out of the car towing the caravan and were standing behind the barrier when the collision occurred. The caravan toppled over into the middle of the road. Firefighters were called as there were gas canisters in the caravan but they were found to be safe. No one was injured but the accident led to long delays until the vehicles were recovered.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Jeez:Eeek:

Just goes to show that the advice not to stay in your vehicle on the hard shoulder is sound advice.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Link Removed

A COUPLE had a lucky escape when a lorry crashed into their broken down caravan which was parked on the hard shoulder

The accident happened on the busy eastbound A27, between Emsworth and Chichester, at 12.45pm today.

The couple were out of the car towing the caravan [HI]and were standing behind the barrier when the collision occurred[/HI]. The caravan toppled over into the middle of the road. Firefighters were called as there were gas canisters in the caravan but they were found to be safe. No one was injured but the accident led to long delays until the vehicles were recovered.
What barrier? I don't see one.:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Other news sites are just as bad.

Link Removed... There were only 2 but they count the caravan and make that several????

Broken Link Removed... What hard shoulder?

Why can't news people get the basics of our language correct and ensure details of the incident are accurate.

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010

Link Removed... There were only 2 but they count the caravan and make that several????

Why can't news people get the basics of our language correct and ensure details of the incident are accurate.

As has been said before, reporters never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009

i like the second one as it reads as it was their caravan that had broken down :Doh::Doh:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
maybe the several vehicles involved were punctured from the nails and other debris :Doh:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
What barrier? I don't see one.:Eeek:

i think the driver of said truck may have said something similar but more on the lines of what caravan

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Link Removed

The couple were out of the car towing the caravan and were standing behind the barrier when the collision occurred. The caravan toppled over into the middle of the road. Firefighters were called as there were gas canisters in the caravan but they were found to be safe. No one was injured but the accident led to long delays until the vehicles were recovered.

you don't know if the cartrig toilet survived do you i am needing one for my van

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Link Removed
Some years ago, before mobile phones were popular, I attended an incident almost identical to the one above. The husband got out of the car to go to the nearby Thomas Cook HQ to use a phone. His wife not wanting to stay in the car by herself, also got out of the car. As the couple walked away from their car and caravan, a fully laden bulk tipper artic, drove straight into, and over the top of their outfit, before coming to rest on it's side. A very lucky escape for the couple indeed. :Eeek:
The only immediate evidence of the make of car involved, was from a broken wheel trim. The Electrolux 3 way fridge and cushions, were the only recognisable items from the caravan interior.

Stay safe, :thumb:

Jock.

Oct 5, 2009
anglesey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
since 1999
Link Removed

B&Q WAGON DELIVERS ANOTHER KITCHEN :Eeek:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
On the motorway near me (M6) I have seen similar debris left from an accident involving what had been a motorhome that was hit in the rear, the whole habitation body just disintegrated and what was left of said motorhome ended up on its side. The couple ended up in hospital and fortunately there had been no-one traveling in the rear of the vehicle

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back